By JayStantz
Hello.
I was going to wait until I was totally finished, but since people are getting their shells from John (Alkaline) as we speak, I was hoping to help some other Alkaline shell people with some ideas and inspiration. This is basically my first pack, I did a thrower and started a scratch-build but, this is really my 1st..

Alkaline shell , Bigi bumper from Nick-a-Tron

The suggestion to re-work the gearbox came from Pat (Zombierepellant), thanks!!

Work-in-progress....

Gearbox corners .....MattBurkit ...my inspiration.....Thanks!!

Pretty much done, some extra Bondo touch-ups..

EDA "nipple" disks.. making them more "accurated"

Lining up the bumper, the Bigi bumper side "arms" seemed kind of short, so I made the spacer kind of small, omly about 3/8 inch..

Mounting the bumper....Look at the reference pics 100 times to get the right placement (as best as you can)...Ion Knob...By Jpa35...MetaL Master....(all my metal parts from Jason)...

Thank you Vinny!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kind2311's wonderful rivets tutorial, mounting the shell to the motherboard..(Motherboard from MMM) ..Thanks Colin!

Rivets, pain in the butt, not too bad though..

Kong dog toy.... black, rubber, hole in center, comes in small, med. & large..Perfect for the ALICE mounting??? Maybe!!

Making metal.....Brass 1 1/2 plumbing pipes..Lowes or Home Depot.. Thanks Vincenzo for the metal measurements guide!!! You rule!

Cut the tubes to length.....And....Electrical conduit (1 inch nominal size is 1 3/16 O.D.)...I'm planning to mount with dowels..More pics to come later.. Booster Plug from Nick-a-Tron...(my main man)

Metal "caps" Aluminum flat stock from ACE Hardware (at Lowes Home Depot too)

More to come.....

Baby steps to Proton Pack...Baby steps to Proton Pack...

Nice Job you did!! Remember to wear your respirator!!!
By KagaSakai
Love seeing these packs come together! You're off to a good start, Jason!

And for what it's worth, I was going to use dowels to mount my metal injectors as well, but was then introduced to a much easier method, tee-nuts. Have a look if you'd like:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... &start=111
By JayStantz
I wanted to get more done, but at least here's one more baby step (for now).
I'LL be working on the pack tonight and tomorrow, so more pictures tomorrow.

I havent posted any pictures of greeblies yet, but I'm pretty psyched about these Gen-1 Legris banjos and Gen-2 Legris elbows, also .. Gen-1 Legris straights going on my Positron Collider. UntiL I get my Legris elbows from Jpa35. I'm going to remount these Gen-2 Legris elbows onto 1/8 NPT bases with help from PCChrisbosh..

I made a weld line that looked better before I messed with it. What do you think? Is this ok, or should I re-work it?

I'm satisfied with the gearbox now. What do you guys think?

I'm ordering the metal to slide over this N-filter, at least that's the plan.

Another shot of the N-filter, I worked it down to a uniform diameter.

One more N-filter. The diameter is only 2 5/8 approx, too small :-( I'm going to order the metal that Vincenzo suggests in his awesome guide.

Thanks for looking...more to come.

Hi. Thank you for your excellent tips for the ghos[…]

Now I have to watch them all again. I'm surprised […]

Great! Thank you.

Ever notice?

It is kinda funny yes! I have seen a few people pu[…]