Namssorg wrote:Here's the latest wiring diagram. I thought the DPDT main power switch might help out (it didn't). I also tried disconnecting the sound and running it on it's own two AAs. Trying a new battery tonight.

You normally don't put a switch between both positive AND negative leads.. :3
c05ta wrote: what i found with the 9800 batteries is that when they drain all the way it takes 3 days to charge them again. i dont know why, but if you unplug them before 3 days it will only run for a few minuets, or sometimes not at all.
c05ta, thanks for the info! I think that's what the problem was. I popped a different battery in tonight and it seems to work fine. Thanks for verifying- I know a few of us were using the big blue LiPos but I hadn't heard of any problems so far.

CPU64 wrote: You normally don't put a switch between both positive AND negative leads.. :3
Yeah, I know, it's weird (and isn't really doing anything) - Now that I know the battery was the likely culprit, I'll probably put it back to how I originally had it.
when i was having issues with my wiring back in december i ended up tearing everything apart a couple of times and getting so frustrated that i was ready to give up on electronics in my pack, and discontinuing my interest in electronics all together. it seemed that everything i was thinking might be the problem was wrong, and nothing i was trying worked.

my point is dont let it get you down, its a pain in the ass for sure, but when it works as it should its such a good feeling :D
on the plus side of that big blue beauty, when it is fully charged, it can last for about 20hrs (+/-), ive used mine for 2 day cons, and an after party with out recharging, and it was still running strong.

Pax East
Friday, 10am-6pm
saturday, 10am-6pm then 8pm-2am
Nice to see it all worked out for you! :nicejobyoudid:
CPU64 wrote: You normally don't put a switch between both positive AND negative leads.. :3
I recommend that to him. I've heard that some lipos have battery drain issues when hooked up to a IC.
For whatever reason it has to do with the ground..IDK

BUT

If your using a battery for a RC Helicopter or one that has a kill switch/overcharge prevention circuit, you don't need to cut off the ground.. its a little "Trouble shooting" step I picked up.
Thanks Chris! That means a lot.

So... What should I do to my pack next?! Are these things ever finished?

I just added a secret button to play the theme song, and I have talked to a few of you about another little secret I might try to integrate into the shock mount or ion rod. It's something I've never seen anyone do with a pack before. We'll see if I can get it working.
Looks great man. I am building mine now but I am still feel so lost on how to put the thrower together and certain things about the pack. I am glad that we have this community to help cause I am gonna need it in the next few weeks if I want to have a presentable pack for Halloween. She is a beauty be proud of yourself most people just don't understand how hard it is to put these things together.
Wow, it's been 7 years since I began this thread!

I realized I've never posted a good hi-res photo of the pack in its current state. It's been through some small upgrades (charging plate! e-cig mod!) and repairs (dropped thrower!) and earlier this year I finally broke down and did some gentle weathering. Time turns out to have been the best weathering of all. Real scratches and dust!

Here is a short video from a few years ago when I did the exhaust mod.

And here she is, still kicking in 2017:

-Namssorg
twmedford23, CPU64 liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]