By Biber
Ok guys, I am stuck on this as I am NO WHERE NEAR an expert in wiring. I have a crix sound kit (from gbfans.com) and a jupiter light kit for the thrower. The light kit has already attached the positive and negative wires to the push button for the stream fire button. HOWEVER I need to install the sound onto it as well. The button only has 2 spots 1 pos 1 neg. How am i to add the sounds to it? I need the stream fire, and the stream fire stopping sounds. Any suggestions?? I would greatly apprecaite any and ALL help possible!!!

Thanks in advance,

Biber
:cool:
By JoeLuna33
You need to get a DPDT switch. That's a double pull double throw and you can pick them up at radio shack or fry's. You will have to remove the fire switches that came with your kits and wire them together. I believe there is a tutorial somewhere in the proton pack section.

Sent from my DROID2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Libtechinit
Biber wrote:So there is push buttons with 6 spots for the wires? I cant find them anywhere :( im in canada
So the poster above you was correct in that you do need to trade out for a dpdt on/on push button, where he was incorrect is where to find them. As far as I know no one has found any local stores for a switch like this and I know neither radio shack nor frys carry these switches. At least not ones that can be made to look screen accurate. I scoured a few radio shacks and a couple frys when I started my sound kit install with no luck. The best and easiest place to get them is by ordering them online...

Here's the link for the sound board tutorial http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 42&t=14730 first post of that tutorial has some links to a few places you can get a dpdt push button.

Unfortunately if your trying to get this done for Halloween your probably out of luck unless you pay to get it overnighted. Hope that helps and good luck.
By Biber
Thanks for the advice Libtechinit!! However for halloween I am just doing a flip switch. Afterwards i will do a push button switch. I just want it to work so my friends will be like WOOO cool!! lol. Thanks i will look at it after for sure. For now I am just using what is in front of me.
By Shredder565
hey,

I got mine from Jupiter Electronics..Looks good, works great! Should have ordered two...

It took about 6 days to get here...so you'll have one that works but won't be available for halloween!
By Biber
Strangest thing.... I brough JUST the sound card and a small speaker with a bit of wire and a switch home with me lastnight ( I work on the pack at my work ) and it worked 100% no problem... So i think I am missing something here. I will keep updates coming when they happen!! Wish me luck! And ya, for the thrower, I have the jupiter electronics, I love it! looks beautiful :D

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]