So whilst starting to build my thrower I started looking at some ref pics, as well as skip through the blu-ray pausing every so often. One of the things that initially struck me prior to watching the movie was the following screen capture:
If you notice both Ray and Winston's thrower are lacking an instrument bar cover. I then proceeded to skip through the film and noticed this pretty much everywhere! It is visible in the elevator, and also where Venkman is slimed (you can see the Slo-Blo light wire too).

Is it a pretty bold statement to claim these were not on the GB1 throwers and were added for GB2?
I just stepped through the film quick at spots I figured I would most likely be able to see the rear instrument panel. Every scene, it is missing the back plate BUT you can clearly see in a few of them the hole drilled and tapped for the socket head screw for the plate, underneath the rear handle.

Were they on the packs the majority of the time? Doesn't seem so. Were they supposed to have the back plate on there? I think they were, mainly because of the screw holes.
Kingpin wrote:
gdonovan wrote:I'm always amazed at how much detail can be spotted in the blu-ray screenshots. Good eye!
They're visible on the DVDs and on the old theatrical prints, so really, Bluray doesn't really deserve credit for this discovery.
I was referring more to the level detail available in the blu-ray prints rather than this specific item, sorry if that wasn't more clear.
Demon Vice Commander wrote:I never noticed that before; I'm guessing that they left it off to facilitate adjustments or repairs to the wiring.
I doubt they were left off for constant repairs. Once those packs were done for the start of filming, nothing else was worked on.

The original built had them given the screw holes, and when the wiring was done, the prop builders said 'F' it.
mburkit wrote: February 12th, 2012, 8:26 am I just stepped through the film quick at spots I figured I would most likely be able to see the rear instrument panel. Every scene, it is missing the back plate BUT you can clearly see in a few of them the hole drilled and tapped for the socket head screw for the plate, underneath the rear handle.
I'm just focusing on the differences between the GB1 / GB2 hero throwers, so I'd really like to see some of these pics where the back cover is missing but still there are screw holes. I only find many screengrabs where the lack of the cover is really evident but the holes are not visible.

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]