Ok, got a sound chip from Crix, got an amp and got a speaker. I wired up the speaker directly to the chip and sounds great but its bit quiet so got an amp and now cant work out how to install it into the chain. Ive wired it up as best I can but still cant get any sound.

Does the amp need its own power supply?
There are 2 terminals called R5 and INPUT, which wires connect to these?

Please someone explain this to me like im a 4 year old.

Last edited by nick-a-tron on June 29th, 2012, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can use some perf-board and trace wire or any other non-insulated wire to create a power rig.

Basically you have your twelve volt power supply feed power to you Crix kit and to your Amp.

I used Jupiter's gun kit so, I had a third line go to switch in the gun then back to another trace wire on the power rig that feed to back to my gun kit and to the postitive line on Crix's pack light.

One switch for both kits.

If you want I can draw up a quick schematic in paint or something later today.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Nick, I'm using a Crix sound kit and a Canakit amp 7 watt amp setup with a Jupiter gun light kit. and Crix pack lights

Crix's sound kit requires the 3 volt power using the battery clip he suppies ONLY. For the amp and gun/pack lights you can use a seperate 12 volt power source to run all 3. I used one of these http://www.ebay.ca/itm/270878586125?ssP ... 1423.l2649

which is great because it's rechargeable and has its own isolation switch. Wiring up the switches to the sound kit requires a bit of thought for getting the two sounds to come from one switch but aside from that it's been mostly lengthening wires and resoldering.
Here's a diagram I found

Yes the amp will need its own power supply.

I don't know what kind of amp you have but most that Ive seen require 9-12v. You do have a small 9V which should work just for your testing purposes but may not provide you with enough power to get the full volume or last for any extended period of time. Also looks like you have the speaker output from the amp connected correctly to you speaker as well.

The R5 and INPUT look to me to be the positive and negative sound input terminals on your amp. R5 looks to be the positive, so take the wire from the positive speaker terminal on the Crix board and attach it to the R5 terminal on the amp. Then the wire from the negative speaker terminal on the Crix board goes to the INPUT terminal on the amp.

Now you should get some sound :0)
Ok I tried again but still no sound. I tried all possible wiring combinations I could think of and still nothing. Can get the sound to work with the light when I dont use the amp but the minute i try and have the amp in the mix i get no sound, just lights.

Crix got back to me with a few ideas which i tried but still cant get it to work.

Heres a copy of his and my PM to see if anyone of you can help me :)
Crix wrote:From the picture there, it looks like there are 2 sets of screw terminals and a set of pins for the power. The 'output' should be the speaker, and it looks like the 'input' on the right there is where you connect the 'speaker' ports from the sound kit.

It's tough to tell, but it looks like the second set of screw terminals is probably where you connect the power. Did the amp include a datasheet of some kind? That might give you a more concrete idea of how to wire everything up.

You should be able to run both the light kits and the amp off the same battery, just make sure to hook them up in parallel, not series, and make sure to keep the 2AA battery pack for the sound kit separate, too.
nick-a-tron wrote:Ok I tried what you said but still cant get any sound at all when I try and hook up the amp.

When you say i can use 1 battery for the lights and amp should i connect the battery (im using a 9v by the way) to the amp or the light circuit? I tried both but when I connected it to the amp the lights didnt work and when I connected it to the lights they worked but no sound.

Also when you say to hook them up parallel, not series, what do you mean by this? Could you explain to me simply how i wire them up parallel?
longpar5 liked this
Have you tried using more than 9 volts on the amp?

Also, its weird, but when your first hook up the amp it needs to charge a little before it will work.

I don't really know why this is but I assume it has to do with the same reason my cyclotron lights take a bit to activate after its been off for a while.
Well I have trouble.. I asked crix.. he took a look at my gun chip and said it works fine but... when I plug the wire in on the chip that goes to the gun to the pack (that when I flip the switch the gun and pack lights comes on) when I flip the switch only the gun lights come on.. but when I plug a switch into the pack lights itself it works fine... I don't know what's going on.. i. Checked all the diagrams that I could find. Crix even replaced the wire with a new one... everything should be plugged in right... can anyone help? Or know what's going on?

sent from my PKE meter
I had the same problem with my boards. When I hooked the cable between the two I got connectivity from one switch. I could work both boards individually but not together. The way to fix it is to plug the link cable into both boards, then run a wire from the + battery terminal on one board to the + terminal on the other and a 2nd wire from the - terminal on one board to the - terminal on the other board. This will give you two connections between the boards and everything should work fine now. That's what fixed it for me anyway.
Here is the trouble im having with my sound chip setup right now.

I have all three Crix boards and I have the lights working perfect all operated from one master switch. When I introduce the sound chip it gets a little wonky. As soon as I turn the power on to the sound chip it will cycle one of the sounds (I believe it was a power down sound).

And also my toggle switch for my vent light is wired like it will plug into the gun board with a white clip and then it has wires that go to the vent sounds on the board. My master switch is the same with a white clip to go to the gun board and three wires for the sound board. But my black push button for my thrower lights only has a white clip for the gun board and no wires for the sound board so I can't get the thrower sounds coming out, and no plugs to add more wires to it. Is this a mistake on Crix's part of am I hooking something up wrong?
Hi. I have simple questions about the drawing for the sound chip.

If I take the activate switch, there is 3 wires: black, white and red. On the drawing, there is no white color wire but only red and black. I'm mixed up.

My other question is: There is 2 switch that has 3 wires. The power on activate and vent/unvent toggle. It is connect at a precise area on the chip. Can we take the activate switch and connect it at S7 and S9 and put the vent/unvent at S2 and S6? Is the 2 switch are the same?
In other word, I'm afraid to put one wire at the wrong place and burn the chip.

Do we have to weld the wires together? If not, what do we do to keep it assembled?

Thanx a lot!
The white wire is your second hot wire so that each switch can activate two sounds. Think of it as a second red wire. So for the vent switch for example you will wire the red and black wires into the terminals for the vent open sound then only the white wire to the positive (red) side of the vent closed sound and it will share the black wire.

You don't need to use and weld/solder for the crix sound board you just lossen the screws insert the wires then tighten the screws back down.

Don't worry to much about wiring up the sound wires, they carry very low current and will not fry your board so you can get alot of trial and error with those.
ok thanx. Yesterday, I was able to make all the lights works. Unfortunately, I don't have the speaker.

What type of speaker do I need?. I need the full name cause Iknow nothing about it. Is there a link to ebay?

There is something that makes me nervous. The 3 terminal on the gun light chip has no + or -. And on top of that, there is a third one. How should I connect it and where should I connect it on the sound chip?

Last thing: I saw the diagram of the sound chip. It says for example that the activate switch should be connected at S2. Ok, no problem with that. The red and black wires goes at S2. But there is something that is bugging me. There is 3 little wires. The last one is white. On the diagram, it shows that I should connect the white one at S6.
The wire is obviously not long enough to reach S6 and the red and black wires connected to S2.

That is my thread with the diagram:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=30285

Thanx a lot.
First things first, any speaker will do, some will sound better than others some will be louder. You just have to find what works for you. Just make sure the ohm rating on the speaker matches the ohms of your amp, other than that you will be fine.

The three wires from the gun board to the sound board are just like the other sound wires they don't carry alot of voltage so don't worry about burning something up just switch them around and try them until you get the thrower sounds to work right.

To get the white wire to reach simply strip back some of the grey outer plastic insulation on the cable, just be careful not to cut the wires when you are stripping the covering.
Ok. That's what I thought for the white wire. I don't have special tool to cut the grey wire but I have knife and scissor.

It's cool that I can buy any speaker, but I have no idea of the sound since I can't test it...

You talked about the amp? Amplificator? Is it necessary? One thing is for sure, I want to hear the sounds very clearly!
What kind should I buy?
I tried to follow the plan from the link of the diagram. What I don't understand is when I push the activate switch, every lights goes on. I mean the lights on the gun chip and the pack chip. Doesn't supposed to be like that I think.

Here is what I read:

Connect every lights and one switch on the pack chip. Then connect every lights for the gun chip. Link the 2 chips with a cable the has a plug on each end. Push the switch to see if it's working.

And that's what happen as I explained above.

Here is the thread:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=30285
By EVILNEON
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

irricanian wrote:Nick, I'm using a Crix sound kit and a Canakit amp 7 watt amp setup with a Jupiter gun light kit. and Crix pack lights

Crix's sound kit requires the 3 volt power using the battery clip he suppies ONLY. For the amp and gun/pack lights you can use a seperate 12 volt power source to run all 3. I used one of these http://www.ebay.ca/itm/270878586125?ssP ... 1423.l2649

which is great because it's rechargeable and has its own isolation switch. Wiring up the switches to the sound kit requires a bit of thought for getting the two sounds to come from one switch but aside from that it's been mostly lengthening wires and resoldering.
Here's a diagram I found

Sorry, I didn't want to bring up a dead thread but this is exactly what I need to understand. My lights run on 9v yet my sound board runs on 3v. With this diagram, it looks as if I can run my lights with my startup with my DPDT switch. Though, it looks as if you would have to have the shut the start up down and flip the switch over for the lights to work. What is the best way to wire up the lights to come on with the sound with opposing volts? Thanks, I appreciate the help !

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]