For the last three motherboards I cut for a SC shell I used 1/8" hardwood (ply) since I don't like the look of 1/4" MDF and normally 1/8" MDF is pretty wobbly. But while I was at Home Depot I found a 1/8" sheet of MDF that was a blackboard. It was market down to $6 since it had a dent in it on the chalkboard side. Looking at it, it appears as if the chalk side is a type of laminate. This made it slightly thinker than 1/8" and also less wobbly. I decided at $6 it was worth playing with.

So then I cut it and mounted it with one of Eric's handy mounting kits! And now... I have this -

Tomorrow I work on the Alice frame... I might even get to wear it for the first time!
OOOOOHHHHH! Do I have an update for you folks watching at home!

Started working on my $28 LC-2 Alice frame -

Stripped it down and painted it black.

My buddy PssdffJay did some good karma giving a while back and gave me some real hockey puck pack spacers.

Got my neck foam and gaffers tape out -

Added my Spengler pin -

And finally! My Windy City Ghostbusters buddy Matt Kasunic (Full-Roaming-Vapor) made this lovely sticker! I then added the packs name and got this -

HOT!!!

Then, I got to the point that I could put on Stella for the first time...

Almost done with the pack itself, then I have to get all the lights and sound together. 64 days from bare shell to this. Will probably be under $400 total once I get the electronics finished. (I did a LOT of horse trading and scratch building to get that.) If I didn't I would be closer to $700.
By Hammer
Stella is beautiful....so is the pack! I kid....you're doing some over the top work here!
Alan Hawkins liked this
The thickest I use is 1/8" and that I use for flat areas and supports. Then I have thinner sheets that I use for all other surfaces. Like the curve on the thrower I used styrene that was as thick as a FOR SALE sign. I then backed that section in two part putty so it's sturdy.
PssdffJay liked this
By Hoot
As always sir, your work and ingenuity are astounding.

One of these days I will learn things and make things like this that are nice.

One of these days....
Alan Hawkins liked this
By Alan Hawkins
Got the pack done today just in time to do my first gig with the Emerald City Ghostbusters! (Give us a like at http://www.emeraldcitygb.com;) )

Got my lights set on the motherboard. Pretty much out of styrene now.

And the thrower

I've always had a few of these hanging around, but never had many places to put them, this seemed like a simple idea.

Video of lights and sound -

So 94 day build and less than $500 invested. (Of course I had a lot of parts hanging around, and scratch built stuff like the bumper) Over all I am really happy with her. Thank you all for the encouraging posts!
twmedford23 liked this

This looks like a beautiful book, I would love to […]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when I&[…]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]