By wardarkfox
The pack is awesome indeed!

The only thing is to remain cautious of when using those compressed air cans. Difluoroethane/Tetrafluoroethane are not chemicals to be taken lightly and with misuse can harm you and anyone really near. I know you are aware of the problems using them and just to be on guard before venting in public, doing so in a area where you have room to vent without people in the close proximity. Be cautions and have fun with it
By GAVAL
Fascinating stuff...I wasn't sure if you had 4 jets blowing (1 by each cyclotron) or if it was one jet valve with 4 exit points for the gas. Mystery solved. That was unexpected, but makes perfect sense.
By Alex41
Man....I've been quietly watching this since it appeared on the scene with pure awe and respect. I can't thank you enough for continuing to share the features and functions of this pack.

BTW....I grew up in Bay St. Louis MS and can TOTALLY tell where you're from. :D Do you hang out with any of the Bast Alpha guys?
By Ecto-1 fan
WOW-and-a-half!! No friggen way.

Though not cannon, this is what the pack should be (IMHO). I love everything about it. The articulation, the changing color, the varied status lights, the lighted loom. Everything! Kudos Twilight (and Phoenix).

:nicejobyoudid::crunch:
By Kingpin
Thanks for taking the time to record those detailed videos, Twilight.

The plasma lamp in the barrel is an inspired touch. :)
By Makuta
WOW!!
this pack is the work of a genius!
i cannot say enough to express how much i like this pack you made!

i love the whole venting feature, but when you showed that firing barrel tip my jaw dropped (again), that barrel is perfect! i would love to know more about that barrel, what it is, how to find one.

i cannot say enough good things about this pack, let me simply say god job! :D
By goldenhawk
This Proton Pack is just simply amazing. I love the plasma lamp in the barrel and the lighted wire on the hose that connects the thrower to the pack. The pack venting mechanism is just awesome.
By Twilight
I've been recovering from double hernia repair surgery for the last week but I managed to get the tilting N-Filter mod done that I promised Randy, so here's a short video demonstrating it's operation. Might add a couple of other surprises for the upcoming Wizard World con but we'll see.

By Lundo12
I can't handle that much awesome in one pack. It's too much to process. This thing gets more amazing each video you post!

PS. Get well soon!
By Twilight
That tube looks about right and more than likely is the same as the one I used but just sold by another manufacturer in a different housing. The one I have was made by MGE and called a "Liquid Light". The tube is 11" inches long and the one your looking at is probably the same. The outside Plastic tube should be 7/8" in diameter which fits perfectly inside the thrower barrel. I purchased mine back in 2004 from Comp-U-Tech. I emailed them a while back and asked them if they were still available and they said yes but I'll have to get one to be sure it's the same. I purchase a blue "Liquid Light" made by another manufacturer and it was totally different, much thinner and didn't look as good as the MGE brand. I might grab a couple of those off of ebay just to see if they are the same because I need a few to complete the new packs I'm building for the Wizard World con, but no matter what I will get what I need even if I have get them custom made.
By theMaestro
Hmmm, anyone have any ideas how we could make one of those nifty plasma tubes work in parallel with the GBfans kits? :D Probably a bit of a long-shot mind.
By fluxcapacitor
To come on with a barrel effect? Or just when firing? Simplest way would be to get a firing button that is DPST. One set of contacts would operate your gbfans kit and the other your firing effect.
By theMaestro
Aye that makes sense. I may have to consider that when i get to making my thrower. For now it's slow progress on the pack portion.

Love the effects on the 'Phoenix Pack' though, great work!
By BosonDart
How many ways can I be jealous? This many. That thing is amazing. Where did you get the vent pipe and the lamp cover on the crank case. Im thinking about doing a VG pack myself and they look awesome. This is where you tell me they were custom made isn't it?
By fluxcapacitor
Follow up: Looking into my own options with electric actuators I see why pneumatics was the way to go lol.
By D-RAYMAC
Kudos on the excellent build! I enjoyed seeing how things came together. How much time do you think you had in this total? Actual work hours?
By Twilight
BosonDart wrote:Where did you get the vent pipe and the lamp cover on the crank case. Im thinking about doing a VG pack myself and they look awesome. This is where you tell me they were custom made isn't it?
Yep, they're custom...but I may offer them for sale in the future when I figure out an inexpensive way to reproduce them.
Lundo12 liked this
By Twilight
D-RAYMAC wrote:Kudos on the excellent build! I enjoyed seeing how things came together. How much time do you think you had in this total? Actual work hours?

It's hard to say for sure how many hours because this project spanned a year in my spare time but I would think at least 350 hours considering I had to build just about everything from scratch. Originally I was just going to redo the pack with a few machined parts and the venting system which were easy things to do but I got carried away like I usually do and ended up redesigning the whole pack. LOL
D-RAYMAC liked this

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]