Sorry for the delay in update. Trying to get this ready by last Friday sucked all my time. After the show I was a bit burned out and needed some down time. Anyhow, here's an update of all the recent stuff.
Injector tube dowels. I glued these together and added a little epoxy channel. I really wanted to make these look uniform on the pack. Eventually these will be upgraded to metal:
Lots of coats on the shell. Primer coats. Metal coats. Black coats. Plus a few primer coats on the inside for good measure.
Unfortunately in the 11th hour a couple of spots on the fiberglass broke. Luckily I could do some patch repairs. I will need to revisit these spots though and rebuild them with the Milliput.
Damn, looks good with the bumper on the flat black shell.
Next up were the acrylic lenses from Crix. I used some 3M double stick tape to mount these. It's solid, but easy to swap out if I get the video game light kit with clear lenses. In the first photo you can see I framed the blue lens with some electrical tape. The acrylic lens didn't rest flush, and I was out of sanding time. The tape helped keep any light from sneaking out of the sides. In the second photo you can see I have put some steel wool and capped it in there with the sexy hot pink tape.
Due to time constraints, another temporary fix. I plan to frost the lenses and get some reflectors for the cyclotron lights.
Mother board prepped. Unfortunately the nuts I epoxy'ed onto the L-brackets broke loose. I will need to weld those on or find a better solution.
I am really happy with how organized I got the inside of this shell. My first pack was a rat's nest. The split loom clamp isn't mounted to the mother board yet. I will need to do that.
It all worked out, I ended up having my pack finished enough to wear to the show and prop up next to our podcast table. Kolten and Wes were also nice enough to attend. You can see Wes' car parked out front of the venue.
Oh, and of course, here is a picture of my pack in it's current state. I still need to fix some of the broken shell, while faking up some weathering. Some little knobs here and there, as well as some labels. Crix's light kit still giving me trouble, so I'm not quite done with that yet.