By Wharin
so when I first built up my pack, I was recommended the blue brick cctv 9800mah lipo battery. this thing is a beast and I love it, but I cant seem to charge it. the output voltage is sitting at 7vdc, which isn't enough juice to run the gbfans trio. I plugged in the charger last night, and 24 hours later its still sitting at 7vdc. when I spliced this into my pack, I made sure to note the connections, negative and positive from the charger are swapped as it came, so negative from the charger goes to positive on the battery, and negative on the battery goes to positive on the charger. i checked the output on the charger and i'm reading 5vdc, so its not the plug. is the stock charger just a pos, or am i doing something wrong here?
By Ejgunth87
Yeah I'm having the same problem with mine. Using the charger that came with it, and it doesn't seem to wanna charge. Barely used it, and had it plugged in for about a day, and it wouldn't fully charge. Why would they give us a 7v charger for a 12v battery?
By lunchbox739
I have a 12v lion chinese brick in my pack and haven't had any charging issues other then the lights on the charger not indicating properly. The charger clearly states 12v as well. I paid a few more dollars then most though from a american dealer for just these kind of reasons.

Hop on Google and find a dealer that sells cables or head down to the local radio shack....those of you with a charger rated for 7v could probably have a solution in hand in short order
By Wharin
so I figured out the issue. found out I had used the wrong charging schematic, so after rewiring it to the proper configuration, and getting a decent charger (thank you harbor freight), everything works beautifully with no blown cells. thanks again for all your help!
By tilallr1
I am wondering how the charging works on the CCTV blue brick battery. I just got one, and wired it into the gbfans sound board, and everything lights up and sounds as it should. Now the plug on the battery pack when plugged in has an led indicator which turns on. When plugged into the battery that light goes off. But if the battery pack is turned on then the led on the plug turns on. Does this led mean anything? Is there any indicator that the battery is fully charged? Any fear of overcharge?
By tilallr1
So when you plug in the wall plug without it plugged into the brick does it light up? Mine does and when I plug it into the brick the light goes off. If I turn on the battery while plugged in, the light also comes on.

Is the lighting sequence reversed on yours?
By Azevedo
tilallr1 wrote:So when you plug in the wall plug without it plugged into the brick does it light up? Mine does and when I plug it into the brick the light goes off. If I turn on the battery while plugged in, the light also comes on.

Is the lighting sequence reversed on yours?
The battery should be turned on before being plugged into the charger. This should make the charger's green light turn on. If you plug the battery into the charger without turning the battery on you can mess up the battery.
By tilallr1
Glad I asked. Didn't try it for more than a few seconds.

So how long does it take to charge usually? Light goes off when fully charged right. So it won't overcharge.
By Azevedo
tilallr1 wrote:Glad I asked. Didn't try it for more than a few seconds.

So how long does it take to charge usually? Light goes off when fully charged right. So it won't overcharge.
Depends on how many mAh your battery holds. 9800 I think is around 12 hours.
By onlyalad19
So if I have the battery turned on and plugged into the charger and the red light is on and the green light is off on the charger, does that mean that the battery is fully charged? Or is it fully charged when the both the red and green lights turn on? I saw some instructions somewhere online that stated that the red is always on and when the green light turns on that the battery is fully charged. Can anyone confirm?
By jackdoud
Correct, the wall wart's red light will always be on when pluged in and the Green light will only be on when the battery is charging.

My 12v 9800mah version can take up to 2 days to charge depending on how much I've used it.
By tilallr1
Azevedo wrote:
tilallr1 wrote:Glad I asked. Didn't try it for more than a few seconds.

Depends on how many mAh your battery holds. 9800 I think is around 12 hours.
Cool, and your green light goes off to indicate the battery is fully charged. Awesome.
By jackdoud
_ecto84 wrote:I've found that turning the batt on and charging for 12 hours gives it more juice than the batt being off and plugged in.
That would probably be because it only charges when the battery is on.
abaka liked this
By pseadynamo
This was a great thread as I have my first 12v Lithium blue brick on order and until now no idea how its supposed to charge. I've been using 8 of the rechargeable "D" cells which are only 1.2v not the true 1.5v each. I'm hoping this lasts longer and weighs less or at least lasts longer.
By Michael Scott
I'll piggy back on this thread to see if I can get an answer before starting a fresh one...

I just bought a blue brick from the GBFans shop, and I'll be getting the sound board when it's available. How are you guys adapting the battery output plug to work with the sound board battery input ports? Is there an all in one connector with wires pre-attached that I can get, or is there some DIY involved? If DIY, can I get a brief explanation, as I'm an electronics moron.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]