By Makuta
Morydees wrote:
Makuta wrote:i too just got the blue brick, and am confused with the charging.. it seems different than what people say ^
Yeah, it's a bit confusing at first but you're on the right track if yours is the same as mine.

1) The battery switch must be powered on (and show the red light) in order to charge.
2) The red light on the charger is normal and will always be on, simply indicating it's plugged into the wall.
3) Charging is done once the green light goes on (meaning both red AND green on the charger).

So my hunch is you've been charging yours overnight with the battery switched off, the same mistake I made the first day. Additionally, it DOES take a while to charge that first time (some say up to 12 hours) so be patient and let it go once you get it switched on.
sounds like we have the same setup
i just checked and the battery was off :/ oh well... good thing i am not in a rush to get this charged
now we play the waiting game.....................(checks wristwatch).................
Ernest Reid liked this
By Azevedo
Makuta wrote:i am guessing the red light is always on, my next guess is that when the charger green light turns on that will mean its done charging?
also since the batt light turns on when charging even when battery is set to off would thins mean i can charge the battery in either the on or off positions?

any thoughts would be helpful
right now i have the battery set to on and is charging, i left it charging overnignt, still no green
The red light will always be on when the battery is being used or charged. When you want to charge the battery you need to turn the battery switch on. This will make the green light appear when it is plugged into the wall. When the green light disappears it is fully charged.
By Makuta
Azevedo wrote:
Makuta wrote:i am guessing the red light is always on, my next guess is that when the charger green light turns on that will mean its done charging?
also since the batt light turns on when charging even when battery is set to off would thins mean i can charge the battery in either the on or off positions?

any thoughts would be helpful
right now i have the battery set to on and is charging, i left it charging overnignt, still no green
The red light will always be on when the battery is being used or charged. When you want to charge the battery you need to turn the battery switch on. This will make the green light appear when it is plugged into the wall. When the green light disappears it is fully charged.
that doesn't seem to be the case for my battery
with the batt on, plugged to the charger, and plugged into the wall there is no green.
i think for mine the light will turn green when the batt is fully charged
By jackdoud
Makuta wrote:
with the batt on, plugged to the charger, and plugged into the wall there is no green.
Are you sure your battery isn't already full?
By Makuta
jackdoud wrote:
Makuta wrote:
Are you sure your battery isn't already full?
thats a good point....... i assumed the battery wouldn't be fully charged because most rechargeable battery's aren't when bought(like all the RC car batteries i have ever bought).... i guess there isnt any way to tell is there? other than the green light on the charger
By jackdoud
Makuta wrote:
thats a good point....... i assumed the battery wouldn't be fully charged because most rechargeable battery's aren't when bought(like all the RC car batteries i have ever bought).... i guess there isnt any way to tell is there? other than the green light on the charger
Other then plugging it in and running it for a while?
By Azevedo
jackdoud wrote:
Makuta wrote:
Other then plugging it in and running it for a while?
lol
By PssdffJay
Yes, When ever I but something with a battery, if it isn't completely dead out of the box, I don't charge it. Use it until it dies and then charge it. I thought that had something to do with the life of rechargeable batteries and was common practice.
By Morydees
Azevedo wrote:The red light will always be on when the battery is being used or charged. When you want to charge the battery you need to turn the battery switch on. This will make the green light appear when it is plugged into the wall. When the green light disappears it is fully charged.
Well crap, you are totally right about this and I had the description of mine backward! I've only had to charge and I keep forgetting it's the opposite of what I expected. The light being green DOES actually mean it's charging and when it goes off it's done. So if Makuta and I have the same battery, his might actually be fully charged and he didn't realize it. Time to leave it connected for a few hours and see what happens the next time it's plugged in. Here's how it should read:
1) The battery switch must be powered on (and show the red light) in order to charge.
2) The red light on the charger is normal and will always be on, simply indicating it's plugged into the wall.
3) The battery is charging when the green light is on. Once it goes off, the battery is full.
Bah, I wish I could go back and edit my post. Sorry about that Makuta!
By Makuta
i just got home from a 7 hour shift and let the battery charge the whole time, i will just assume the batt IS charged by now
i am going to wizard world in sacramento next week and i wanted to make sure the battery is ready for the con.

i would love to somehow attach a multimeter to the battery to keep track of the power

does anyone know if i can leave the battery connection to the lights/sounds WHILE i charge the battery?
or could this be bad for the soundboard/lights?
By Morydees
Now that one I'm not sure about. I specifically put in a switch to be either off or charge and not both at the same time, mostly because I've had bad luck with overseas batteries and their so-called "protection" circuits. However, I seem to recall these batteries are often used in CCTV systems under constant pass-through power to cameras, only switching to battery in case of a power interruption. So I guess my answer is...probably?

Perhaps someone who has done that could chime in.
By Makuta
yesterday i let my proton pack run at idle for half the day (awesome light ambiance XD)
and whenm i plugged the battery in to charge sure enough the green light came on.
left it charging overnignt and it was still charging when i left for work
now the green light is off
thanks everyone for helping figure this battery out!

also i (unknowingly) left the connection from the battery to the soundboard/lights and it seems fine, so i think you can have it charging while the pack is running
jackdoud liked this
By thebigone2087
I'd hate to revive an older thread, but I have a question. I am going to be getting a blue battery and want to wire it to a DPDT switch. I'll be using the tutorial to take out the battery switch and LED so it only has the normal + and - wires coming out. My question is if I use Wharin's wiring diagram with a THREE position DPDT switch instead of two… will the middle position kill the power coming from the switch instead of it running all the time?
By Wharin
If its center off, then yes. Always make sure you look before hand on what position is what; the switch is usually labeled with it, but its always good to be sure.

Edit: on my personal pack, I added an adittional spst switch on the positive wire between the sound board and the dpdt switch (technically two, but the second is for asthetics only) to act as a main pack kill switch.
By YHSCraig
I have a 12V blue brick and when plugged into the wall the charger shows a green led. When I plug in the battery and switch it on the led turns yellow. I just wanted to make sure that was normal since I hadn't seen anything about a yellow led.
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:I have a 12V blue brick and when plugged into the wall the charger shows a green led. When I plug in the battery and switch it on the led turns yellow. I just wanted to make sure that was normal since I hadn't seen anything about a yellow led.
Check out noodlemaps build thread. He mentions something similar mate. Think he sorted it too
By | alkaline |
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:I have a 12V blue brick and when plugged into the wall the charger shows a green led. When I plug in the battery and switch it on the led turns yellow. I just wanted to make sure that was normal since I hadn't seen anything about a yellow led.
I have 2 batteries. One has the green LED light the other has the green LED light until I plug it into the wall. Then the light is Amber/ yellow. Did you ever figure out if this is normal or not? Thanks.
By goldenhawk
Three days and I am still charging the blue brick battery. The green light on the charger has not gone off.

Unfortunately, I charged the battery with the switch off. I didn't know that the switch should be on when charging the battery. Do you think that I may have damaged the battery
By pyhasanon
I bought these, so much better than the blue bricks... Plus, they have an extra 5V USB output, so you can power your pack and charge your phone at the same time! LOL!

http://www.usledsupply.com/shop/12v-bat ... 00mah.html
By electraflier
Ok, Very happy just received my compete GB Fans electronics package for my compete pack over haul...

I bought the Blue Brick Lithium Ion pack.... charger says 12.6 volts out, Battery literally reads 0.0 after a few hours the charger light is green and I am at a whopping 0.01 volts dc

Do these things come dead and need long periods to charge or is it DOA?

Im used to Lipoly from my RC days and in a Lipoy that means its dropped below critical value and its dead.

Helpppp! LOL 50$ is a lot to toss in the bin.

Thanks guys!

P.S. the electronics pack is to die for. it literally plugged together in less than 5 minutes....install we shall see lol. the Thrower looks tricky due to size lol

EDITED POST ANSWER FROM MASTER AJ QUICK

Please ignore this post lol. So excited I didn't see the switch...derp. Thought I got one without a switch..double derp

Thanks AJ for being patient and answering stupid questions nicely lol!
M
By LandoSystem
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Checking to see if anyone has experienced this:
When plugged into the wall, the wall charger has an illuminated green LED.
When I turn the battery on and plug it in to the charger, that LED turns red.
I assume it's just backwards and when it's done charging it will turn green?

And has anyone used a plug like this to run this battery to the gbfans sound board?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUK ... UTF8&psc=1
I think I would be able to wire this to the gbfans sound board and plug the battery pack into it.
By bishopdonmiguel
The battery I have works as you describe. Also, I have those plugs from Amazon and they are compatible with the battery, although I decided to cut the original supplied with the battery due to the extra length.
LandoSystem liked this
Im bringing back an old thread. I see your supposed to turn the brick on to charge. the light on the charger is orange..............I turned the battery on before I plugged it into the wall. if you look close there is a red light and a green light on in the charger? Is this normal?
By bishopdonmiguel
The red LED is a power indicator. Red when on, dark when off. The light on the charger is normally green. When it is charging the battery it will turn red, although that may in fact be a combination of green & red LEDs making it look orange. When the charging is complete, the LED will turn back to green.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]