By TheKevinShow
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Pieman007 wrote:I have bought one of the blue bricks and I'm wondering how to modify the power plug to fit the sound and light circuit?
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/151340443484

No modification necessary. Just buy those (the seller also has individuals for sale instead of the packs, but I bought the 5&5 for spares) and the bare wire on the end of the female connector will attach directly to the battery ports on the two light kits and sound board.
By CPU64
I got one of the black batteries and it comes with the same charger. It reads 12v when charged. When I turn on the pack sound it just buzzes and dies out. It's junk. So I'm back to using my drill battery.
Something very odd has happened to my batteries.
I haven't used them since October. I've tried charging 4 of the 5 batteries I own but only one will charge. I have 2 4800mAh, 1 6800mAh and 2 9800mAh. Only one 9800mAh works. All were purchased from the same seller at roughly the same time, all were left in the same environment (climate controlled store room in the house), all turned off while in storage. I've tried multiple chargers.
So strange.
By JonXCTrack
I hate to resurrect this 2 year old thread, but having looked it over, my problem does not appear to be addressed.

After reading the this thread, I was under the impression that the green LED on the charger indicated that the blue brick battery was charging. I had my blue brick battery plugged in for 72 hours and the green LED was still on.

After reviewing this thread again, I noticed that there was some back and forth about the battery needing to be ON while charging. I went home and noticed that even though I had a green LED, the I/O switch on the blue brick battery was OFF (O was pressed down).

I switched the battery ON (I pressed down) and the red LED on the charger came on. I left the battery like this overnight. When I woke up this morning, the red LED was still on.

So now I do not know what to do. I suppose the switch could have been installed backwards, hence why I was getting the green LED. But it is also possible the green and red LEDs work differently on my charger. I'm also worried that I might have somehow damaged the battery. Should I just wire up my light and sound kit and see what happens?
By Christof
It may be worth it to check your battery with a volt meter to make sure the charge wires are working and pulling/pushing the correct load. I had a similar experience with my own blue brick when I first charged it, turned out it DOES need the battery switched to On when plugged into the charger, and it took somewhere in the realm of 36 hours for the first charge to finish. Hope that helps!
By JonXCTrack
The mystery is solved. For some reason my charger displays a red LED when charging and turns off when the battery is fully charged. Otherwise the LED is green. It's just backwards for whatever reason.
JonXCTrack wrote:The mystery is solved. For some reason my charger displays a red LED when charging and turns off when the battery is fully charged. Otherwise the LED is green. It's just backwards for whatever reason.
Just got two of these batteries and I'm seeing the same thing. Maybe they have changed how the lights work on them now
By da_rambler20
Great thread. I just got my blue brick and was confused at first. I pressed the “on” switch on the battery (the I is pushed down) and the red light on the battery comes on. The charger has a green light on when plugged into the wall. Once I connect the battery to the charger, the charger light turns red.

Now to just wait until it turns green or turns off I think. Lol
By Christof
You're waiting for the charger light to go green. And as a tip, the charger that comes with the blue brick is not great, I sometimes have to mess with my battery switch for it to fully change from red to green. I've seen more veteran builders suggest investing in a smart charger, but have yet to read into it myself.
By gbpunk
I had purchased the 12v 9800mah battery last month and it still has a charge. I went to charge it and both the battery and charger have red lights and no green at all, Even for 12 hrs. Wasn’t sure if there is a problem or the battery needs to be dead before I charge it. I want to charge it now to see if it charges and to make sure it’s fully charge ( it’s my first blue brick).

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]