By Dark Jedi
First off, Thank to whoever runs this site. The information I got was great and made building a pack a fun experience. That said, this is my forst attempt at a proton pack. I didn't have access to many wood working tools and in an effort to save money I decided to build my pack from styrofoam. I started with a plywood base board and then sculpted the rest of the pack with foam. the foam was then covered with a paper mache mixture of .5 elmers and .5 water. The pics I think describe everything, and yest the lights do work. final cost was about 100 bucks.

Last edited by Dark Jedi on November 6th, 2005, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Pagz
Wow. That is just incredibly impressive. A paper mache proton pack. It looks spiff, great job.
By Spanish_GB
G-R-E-A-T work!!!

Your prop shows that the originality of fans can get AWESOME props of all materials!
By Miuccia74
Wow, that's pretty cool! Good job!
By Bellevue-Ghostbuster
that is very awesome. Where did you get the styrofoam?
By Dark Jedi
Michaels, walmart, basically any craft store will carry it.
By Bellevue-Ghostbuster
I can't believe I didn't check there. thanks for the info
By ShadesMcPherson
Holy Jesus. I'm incredibly impressed with the results of this project. If I were a teacher, you'd get an A+.
By UltimateGBfan
Nice work Dark Jedi.I'm very impressed by this.

Just one question.Why did you put the lower 2 cyclotron lights so close together?
By Dark Jedi
I origionally had diffrent lights that were awful, and then I found these babies. They are arranged to cover the holes from the previous lights. Also, the plans clain the bottom two are a little closser, so I thought this would show that.

Besides, it wasn;t like a had a nice vac formed cyclotron to work with :wink:

Thanks for the comments
By UltimateGBfan
Lol hey I had the spare money to afford my vaccu shell.

You did an awesome job on yours.My lights on my vaccu shell are closer together but they aren't that close.

I assume that is your first pack and it is a damn good one.
By atbloo
That's amazing! You've also inspired me... after having to throw away my first proton pack and making do with the inflatable one for the past 2 years, I was going to attempt another home-made one over Christmas. I might just have to *borrow* your idea :)
By malcolmhoaz
now why didn't I think of that :) awsome job
By Bellevue-Ghostbuster
do you mind if I use your idea to make my second pack?
By Dark Jedi
I don't think I could stop you anyway. so good luck
By atbloo
Did you make the fun from styrofoam as well?
By Master Taran
Edit: Nevermind.
Last edited by Master Taran on November 4th, 2005, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dark Jedi
the gun is styrofoam and a two by four. pic to be posted later
By Dark Jedi
here is how the gun was made.

By Dark Jedi
If I remember corretly, between the frame, electronincs and foam it is a little lower than $100 to build this model, depending on the detail and how much of the materials you have from other projects.
By Dark Jedi
the only lights are the four on the cyclotron, which with the batery are about 15 if that.

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]