So I got a few things done today.
I began working on the thrower; it's an aluminum CPU64 thrower, but I decided the front gun ear was too narrow to fit the hat light, so I swapped it out for a Freeky Geeky front barrel and sleeve. The Freeky Geeky barrel has the hat light mounted in the pictures below, and the CPU64 standard one is there for comparison. I still need to widen the other hole for the button.
Then I moved on to the grips. I'm using Venky's screen casted grips, and they are beautiful! No seem, so smooth, and that brown color is top notch. I needed to trim the front grip down roughly 1/4" to fit between the front grip and barrel lock, and it came out nice! I used a circular sanding pad on a drill and was surprised that it turned out fine on my first effort. Here's a couple shots showing what the trimmed down one looks like compared to the original size.
Then I installed the bar graph holder. I have something special I'll be doing for the bar graph, but this piece fits perfectly in the opening and holds each individual LED in each separate hole. Best invention ever.
Next, I removed the sunken orange had light from the top of the gun, since the Spengler pack has a outward mounted white light. I need to get a milky white light to replace the one in there now, but you get the picture.
I also installed the green lever, although that process which seemed simple took all my attention so I didn't snap shots. I'll admit I jumped the gun and assembled much of the gun in one sitting, and got so into the moment that I didn't snap many pictures of the assembly. I'll leave you with a quick teaser of the gun, with better pictures to follow.