By PssdffJay
I use the tapatalk app to post and upload photos.

This is how I attached mine, albeit it was temporary while I build my thrower. More details in my build thread in my signature.

By da_rambler20
I figured this would be the best spot to ask since I didn't find anything else with a search. I have the matty wand, but no pack at the moment. Has anyone come up with an idea on how to attach the wand to the key fob on the belt?

I don't really want to modify my wand but am wondering if there is a way to do so.

Thanks.
By Peterson
To attach my wand from my Paranorman pack to a fob, I have a hook that is curled around where the top screw goes into the bracket (a Dixie Cup style), bent to the proper angle. I used some Goop to secure it more. Has worked great for years.

Now if I mount the Matty wand to my pack, I think the easiest way for ME to do it would be to replace the hook on the wand with a Dixie bracket to match my pack one. That sucker (the mount in the pack) AIN'T coming off without a serious fight. If I do it, I was gonna attach another hook the same way, or maybe use the little space between the Dixie bracket and body to run a thinner wire down there and affix it to the bracket or screw from the bottom.

To use the existing bracket on the Matty....mmmmmaybe get a longer screw for the hole nearest the handle and affix a hook like my current one is setup, maybe?

*All theory, do at your own risk ;) *

ETA: Also this guy made a belt mount for the Matty and his unique pack.....though I'm a little fuzzy on how the rubber band comes into play: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 43&t=37057 (helps more if I remember to post the link!)
By thelegendofvix
PJCGB98 wrote:Can someone tell me the best Amp to use to plug into the Matty Neutrino Wand for clear sound using audio cable?
That's the $1,000,000 question. We only just figured out that the wand gives sound.

My solution is to take your wand and a 3.5mm cable with you and plug it into speakers at best buy. Note, you will need to plug it into the MIC line, not the headphones jack. Maybe go to goodwill and find an old kareoke speaker.
By vinmanmac
thelegendofvix wrote:
PJCGB98 wrote:Can someone tell me the best Amp to use to plug into the Matty Neutrino Wand for clear sound using audio cable?
That's the $1,000,000 question. We only just figured out that the wand gives sound.

My solution is to take your wand and a 3.5mm cable with you and plug it into speakers at best buy. Note, you will need to plug it into the MIC line, not the headphones jack. Maybe go to goodwill and find an old kareoke speaker.
When was this discovery made and is there a post about it?

I have heard of dozens of attempts and everyone else has resorted in cracking it open and running leads to the soundboard
By thelegendofvix
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

vinmanmac wrote: When was this discovery made and is there a post about it?

I have heard of dozens of attempts and everyone else has resorted in cracking it open and running leads to the soundboard
I was the first one to post about it (I think). See my July 16th post on page 6 of this thread.

http://youtu.be/UQKUiuj1bDM

It only works when I plug it into the microphone input, not the headphone input.

Here is the exact voice amp I bought:
Aker MR1506 Voice Amp

And here is the exact cable I bought
StarTech.com MU3MMS 3 feet Slim 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable - M/M
By vinmanmac
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

thelegendofvix wrote:
vinmanmac wrote: When was this discovery made and is there a post about it?

I was the first one to post about it (I think). See my July 16th post on page 6 of this thread.

http://youtu.be/UQKUiuj1bDM

It only works when I plug it into the microphone input, not the headphone input.

Here is the exact voice amp I bought:
Aker MR1506 Voice Amp

And here is the exact cable I bought
StarTech.com MU3MMS 3 feet Slim 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable - M/M
So by plugging it in the mic output it gives you clean sound?
the video posted seems like its very distorted with all kinds of pops and feedback.

I may be able to accept that pops and such as long as the rest of the effects can be heard cleanly
By thelegendofvix

Never said it gives clean sound. I just said it gives sound, albeit very horrible.

To solve the mystery, it would take one of two things to happen

1) Somone with a good bit of knowledge of electronics, sound, etc to look at the speaker in the gun, its specs, and then look at the amp and it's specs and see what the issue is. I don't know how to do this. I honestly just got lucky.

...or...

2) Someone to take their wand and a 3.5mm audio cable, go to best buy (or any store that sells speakers/amps) and just start plugging it in to speakers/amps until you find one that is clean sounding. Your best bet would be to plug it into karaoke machines/speakers as they come with a microphone jack built in whereas speakers like Bose or iHome do not. You may need a converter like this one to convert one of the 3.5mm ends to be able to plug into the speaker as most do not have a 3.5mm microphone jack.

Feel free to go on over to the MattyCollector.com forums (the place that sells the wand) and comment on the thread I started there asking about this.
By Mat
For amusement, I plugged the thing into a guitar amp a few weeks ago; I think the "sound output" is just interference from the other electronic signals in the thrower. Don't quote me on that though! :)
By AJ Quick
Someone needs to hook the wand up to oscilloscope to see what is actually happening. I am fairly certain there is no sound on the audio jack, but rather a data signal that would tell future accessories when the wand is turned on and what it is doing.
By PJCGB98
What is a good piece to use on the Matty Wand so the Wand can hang from the belt? Any suggestions, pictures and pleaase list hardwares used and location purchased. Thank you all.
By xSadisticSmilex
AJ Quick wrote:Someone needs to hook the wand up to oscilloscope to see what is actually happening. I am fairly certain there is no sound on the audio jack, but rather a data signal that would tell future accessories when the wand is turned on and what it is doing.
I think my friend might have one. Let me contact her and see what I can do. If so, I will gladly let you guys know.

As for the above mentioned hook, I am curious as well.
By EctoPrimer
xSadisticSmilex wrote:
As for the above mentioned hook, I am curious as well.
I believe it's an s-hook. Good luck hooking it onto the matty wand though. Parts on the ladder were molded into place. You'd have to grind it down or some such to fit it on. It's do-able, but do you have the skills?
By DarkSpectre
So what is everyone using the Matty thrower on their packs doing to activate the lights on the pack? I had thought of trying it for one of my builds but I like being able to activate everything from the gun and not need a secondary switch
By syckotheklown
Well thank you akabean. I thought so too. I didn't want to put the switch on the mobo, and wanted all the electronics attached to the shell so if I remove the shell it all comes with it. And the crank knob I wanted to have a use for it other than aesthetic purposes. Also used the booster plug and tube as a battery compartment
By xSadisticSmilex
Well I have returned with the results. Ladies and gentlemen, that is no audio output. While we had it hooked to the oscilloscope, the only thing we picked up was a small dc voltage source. Now given I have no clue about this kind of stuff, I asked her opinion. She said in most cases with tech, a small dc voltage is used to trigger a triac. Which would be used to switch lights and other audio on internally to whatever it would be hooked up to. This could be either a sensitive triac or a low level, errr some other triac.

My speculation is that Mattel did in fact make a prototype pack, which is why these have the hook up they do. Now I am not saying we will ever see that, but it's clearly the reason it's there.

Oh and Darkspectre, my two packs have the matty wands. I wired the lights from my pack straight to the activate switch. However I am having some back feed into the lights of the packs, which I haven't figured out how to fix as of yet.

Hope this info ends a long circling question!
By akabean2004
xSadisticSmilex wrote:Well I have returned with the results. Ladies and gentlemen, that is no audio output. While we had it hooked to the oscilloscope, the only thing we picked up was a small dc voltage source. Now given I have no clue about this kind of stuff, I asked her opinion. She said in most cases with tech, a small dc voltage is used to trigger a triac. Which would be used to switch lights and other audio on internally to whatever it would be hooked up to. This could be either a sensitive triac or a low level, errr some other triac.

My speculation is that Mattel did in fact make a prototype pack, which is why these have the hook up they do. Now I am not saying we will ever see that, but it's clearly the reason it's there.

Oh and Darkspectre, my two packs have the matty wands. I wired the lights from my pack straight to the activate switch. However I am having some back feed into the lights of the packs, which I haven't figured out how to fix as of yet.

I haven't taken one apart yet, but what kind of switches do they use? Could you swap in a dpdt switch? So they are entirely seperate?

Just a thought
By xSadisticSmilex
akabean2004 wrote:
xSadisticSmilex wrote:Well I have returned with the results. Ladies and gentlemen, that is no audio output. While we had it hooked to the oscilloscope, the only thing we picked up was a small dc voltage source. Now given I have no clue about this kind of stuff, I asked her opinion. She said in most cases with tech, a small dc voltage is used to trigger a triac. Which would be used to switch lights and other audio on internally to whatever it would be hooked up to. This could be either a sensitive triac or a low level, errr some other triac.

I haven't taken one apart yet, but what kind of switches do they use? Could you swap in a dpdt switch? So they are entirely seperate?

Just a thought

i'm going to be honest, i think you can, but I am not entirely sure. My tech friend is actually the one who assisted me with doing most of mine. I can tell you that we have just the standard switches. To my understanding though, people have switched them out. Sorry I am not much help there! >.<

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]