By Mat
Right? :D

while I have the thing open I've decided to finally work on mounting the "overheat" light and I'll be replacing the battery holder with an enclosed one. The one I've been using came out of an old RC transmitter and while it worked, it was pretty ghetto! Also ordered some aluminum pack labels from the store here...I couldn't help myself lol!
By Mat
This is what I came up with to center the LED and it's waaaaaay overkill lol. I tacked a weld button (used for attaching UHMW to chainruns) to a washer and then on the backside tacked three nuts that when used in conjunction with allen cap screws the make for a skookum fit! I'll add a few dabs of hot snot so it can't dislodge and will do the same to the led.

By bishopdonmiguel
Wow, look at all the dust on that pack! Looks gorgeous!!!
By Mat
Amazing what two years of neglect (at least one of which it was stored in a big plastic tote s at my folks place and through a move) does and especially on the ribbon cable lol! :D

Not much to show today. The battery box came in and I hooked up some wires but I need to drill a hole in the motherboard and grommet said hole as I'm going to mount the battery box higher up than originally planned. Figure it'll look better if the wires run up the thing internally!

They're um...doorbell wires! The wire selection at the co-op was lacking and I wasn't wiring any sensors to junction boxes at work today (it's unreal how much wire is scrapped as a lot of the cables only come in 5, 10 or 20m lengths) so I used what I could find. I Tied a strain relief knot around one of the speaker posts and at the other end cable-tied it to one of the posts at the other end to cut down on vibration.

The box will go approximately here. I'll drill the hole just below the wires which I can't do until tomorrow as both of my drills are at work! *sigh!*

The battery box is pretty basic but it's an upgrade from what I was using. I'm gonna mount it to the board with "Extremely Strong" 3M mounting tape.

I'd also like to find a tiny screw to use in the battery cover. It clips on there fairly securely but a little bit of extra security won't hurt! Kinda odd they don't come with them but meh!

...oh yeah I can't recall if I mentioned this before but back in the day I strategically affixed weather stripping on the mobo to minimize a vibration "buzz" between it and the shell that would happen when the soundboard was cranked. Back in the day the weatherstripping did away with that annoyance! :)

...also when wiring sensor wires into the junction box we have crimpy-bitty ends that go over the wires...so I put those on all the wires going into the soundboard (a whole 4) . I'm not sure what they're called but darn it, Jim! I'm a millwright not an elekchicken! (Though I sure feel like one somedays lol)
By Mat
Pretty stoked with how this came out. Before closing the shell up I taped the wire to the motherboard with gorilla tape to keep it out of the way. I used a 1/4" grommet and drilled the hole a smidge bigger than 3/8." :-D

Just waiting on the aluminum labels to get here and then that'll be it for the upgrades on this thing for this year!
By Mat
Self shielded FCAW DCEN. The puddle manipulation was because I was riding the thicker material and washing it into the 20 gauge thrower body. The ears at the tip however were primarily dimed for cosmetic reasons! :)
By Mat
So uh...I kinda added another warning label to my pack (made by one of my favorite youtubers!) I was gonna plaster it up somewhere at work but made the (probably wise) decision not to lol!

Macktacular liked this

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]