Thanks! One thing that I considered doing but ended up not worrying about was using some of my plumber's putty that i used to make my gun welds, and do a smooth seal around the small gaps. Once painted it would probably would blend in nicely.
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Thanks! One thing that I considered doing but ended up not worrying about was using some of my plumber's putty that i used to make my gun welds, and do a smooth seal around the small gaps. Once painted it would probably would blend in nicely.
That's a great idea. The hero packs do seem to have a bit of a weld line around the bottom of the tube anyway...

Hoot wrote:I have one of Eric's tubes on my pack and didn't have the same issue :/
Thanks, Hoot. Always good to have another data point. I've taken the opportunity to procure a digital Digital Sliding T-Bevel Gauge to check the angles. Eric's booster tube should be cut at 50 degrees, so I can check that and the angel on the shell.
I took a few pictures tonight actually wearing the pack. I should be getting some work done on the motherboard this week and then I will move to the electronics. I painted my motherboard with the satin black but I think a flat black might look better.

rays_occult liked this
Well after much deliberation I have decided to part ways with my Crix electronics kit and go for the GBFans lights and sounds board. I did a lot of reading up on the GBFans stuff and it just looks so user-friendly with tons of customizable features I couldn't resist. Nothing at all against the Heavy Props kit, just a personal preference.

Looks like the GBFans pre-order items will be shipping in early June!
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Well after much deliberation I have decided to part ways with my Crix electronics kit and go for the GBFans lights and sounds board. I did a lot of reading up on the GBFans stuff and it just looks so user-friendly with tons of customizable features I couldn't resist. Nothing at all against the Heavy Props kit, just a personal preference.

Looks like the GBFans pre-order items will be shipping in early June!
I've gone for the full GBfans kit too mate. Came highly recommended by a few posters on here because of its simplicity etc. Looking forward to see how you install it.

Theres a few good vids on youtube showing what can be done with the GBFans set up
Some new pictures. I have done a few minor touch ups but nothing major. I think I am happy with the ribon cable and I proabbly need to quit messing with it. I can't wait to get the GBFans electronics in a few weeks.

I am pretty sure that I installed the V-Hook about 1/2" to deep but oh well, I am not going to stree about it.

abaka wrote:I'm not sur if it's the angle buy the ribbon cable seems rather long
Good call, when I get in there to install the electronics I am going to pull the cord in another inch or two. I was actually thinking the same thing after looking at the pics. Thanks for the heads up.
abaka liked this
Hoot wrote:May I make a recommendation also? Pull those plastic caps out of your smc elbows :)
I don't why I thought those were supposed to be there? I guess I had referenced someone elses pack that had em left on. Oh well, I pop those suckers off. Thanks bud!
abaka wrote:I think the Stantz semi hero had the plastic cap on the legris under the Ion Arm....All other packs have the cap removed as far as I'm aware.
It did, I believe that is the one in the sony lobby. All the GB1 hero packs had them removed. The song lobby pack had 2nd gen legris elbows in there too.

Pack looks great!
Hey guys, I got my GBFans electronics kits installed this weekend. I highly recommend anyone on the fence about which kits to go for to go ahead and purchase these while still available.

Just a quick demo. I am using one speaker, 40W 8ohm, and this is with volume about half way up. It's pretty loud and the video doesn't do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck-ILMynejs
rays_occult liked this
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Hey guys, I got my GBFans electronics kits installed this weekend. I highly recommend anyone on the fence about which kits to go for to go ahead and purchase these while still available.

Just a quick demo. I am using one speaker, 40W 8ohm, and this is with volume about half way up. It's pretty loud and the video doesn't do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck-ILMynejs
I purchased the full GBFans sound and light kit, well, except a battery, and you just made me even happier with my purchase.
Got mine the other day, cannot wait to get my thrower from freekygeeky and my GBFans shell and mobo to mount everything. The latter should be here tomorrow
halliwax wrote:excellent job buddy! i really like how u got that paint texture! im going to have to search more on that, it was very interesting! have u installed your electronics yet?
Thanks! And yes I have installed the electronics. The GBFans kit consists of 3 parts. Pack Lights, Wand Lights, and a Sound board. You will also need the 2 different ribbon cables to connect the sound. These are as easy to hook up and are literally plug and play. I highly recommend this kit. The sound board is powered by a 12V rechargeable battery which is also available in the shop.
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:
halliwax wrote:excellent job buddy! i really like how u got that paint texture! im going to have to search more on that, it was very interesting! have u installed your electronics yet?
Thanks! And yes I have installed the electronics. The GBFans kit consists of 3 parts. Pack Lights, Wand Lights, and a Sound board. You will also need the 2 different ribbon cables to connect the sound. These are as easy to hook up and are literally plug and play. I highly recommend this kit. The sound board is powered by a 12V rechargeable battery which is also available in the shop.
Don't forget a speaker and speaker wire, and of course a battery. SPeaking of did you use the blue brick or something else?
Yeah I am using the blue brick. I was wondering how I was going to go about putting the battery inside the pack as I was worried about having to keep opening the pack up to switch the battery on and off. I saw a picture of one of Vinnie's builds where he mounted the battery with velcro on the lower half of the motherboard just above the speakers and went for that route. Worked like a charm
The guys in my group open up the blue brick and clip the 2 wires coming out of it (leaving as much extra as possible for splicing and soldering on extensions), thus removing the led and switch. We added 2 toggles on the Spengler plate under the mobo to control between charging and running the pack. We also made the 4 prong mic jack act as the port to charge from. You just have to buy the corresponding male mic jack to solder and replace the plug currently on the charger that comes with the blue brick. Works beautifully and makes charging the battery a snap.

When I say "we" I mean Wharin did all the wiring to get the packs to charge like this :crunch:

Awesome! It's a complex but very fun build... Went[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]