I removed the potentiometer from the GBFans sound board and attached wires to the proper sound board leads. I then ran the wires through the split less loom and soldered the wire leads to the potentiometer. From there, I removed the screw from the side metal knob and put the potentiometer in it's place. I had to widen the hole slightly on the metal knob. A couple drops of epoxy later and I have a new volume adjustment knob. :)

alphabeta001 liked this
No none at all. Is that a common problem when attaching reattaching potentiometers? My biggest concern has been the attachment of the metal knob to the potentiometer. The picture shows the potentiometer mildly angled through the gun body hole. When I put epoxied it in place, I made sure it was straight and secure to the metal knob. It's on there like a rock right now but with alot of use (considering how much Ghostbusting I do), I'm worried it will come loose. I could just be paranoid. ;)
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Well I added another mod to the gun. I imagine this will be the last update to this thread as I'm pretty happy with everything as it is right now. You never know though!

After seeing Stantz's vent light in GB2, I've been obsessed with having a vent light that would produce the same effect. Even on the brightest setting, the GBFans gun vent light always seemed a little dim to me. So..... I added 12 LED's to the mix.

I purchased this 5V - 12 LED Super Bright White LED Board off eBay (Link: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 0864031979) for $4 total:

I desoldered the GBFans Gun Vent Light and let this guy join the party to this result:

So yea... That's all I got. :)
Good job, man! I like that vent light mod you did. Is it really as bright as it appears in the photo? I also like that you put the volume control on your thrower. I want to do something like that for mine in the future.
Yea it's pretty bright. There might be something better out there but this is the best I could find. I tried Radio Shack LEDs, Spongeface's Super Bright Barrel Flash Kit (which would've been good but I didn't want a reflector in my gun), and anything I could get my hands on. This has been the best solution I've come across.

It may be time to build an aluminum thrower. We've had a good run together and you may be fixable, but my friend aluminum is calling my name.
Last edited by Kingpin on November 1st, 2015, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]