Small update this morning folks...

At lunch yesterday I received Spongface's Vent Relay, TVG cyclotron Kit and frosted lenses. Got them all installed but didn't take any pictures since I didn't have to time actually fire it up. This morning I did just that :-)

I have the Vent relay and TVG board mounted on four (each) brass PC motherboard standoffs which are threaded into the motherboard. Worked really well.

Everything mounted together... there will be some serious wire cleaning before I finish this... that looks like a damn rats nest.

Frosted Lenses installed :-)

Slime Green

Stasis Blue

Messon Orange

BRASS WASHERS!! YAY!!!

...and finally, the crank knob mounted.

After I took the photos, I went over the pack with a wet paper towel to get all the dust off of it. It was pretty bad. Ordered a Ion Arm the other day, so just waiting for that to come in and then I can mount that and the booster tube, booster frame, and Ribbon cable goodies and I think that'll do it for the hard work on the shell. Then I just need to wire up the venting system and apply the labels :-) I did go on the interest list for FreekyGeeky's pop-mech so once I get that and get it installed into the thrower I can finish the thrower. We are getting there!! Stay Tuned :-)
Tiny mid-day update:

Received CPU64's AWESOME Ion Arm in the mail this afternoon!!

This thing is perfect

I also decided that well... since I'm here, and it is here... PRIME IT!!! Grabbed by degreaser and my etching primer and went to work.

...and I'm sorry... I couldn't help myself :wink:

Kingpin liked this
10-32. I believe that's what they were on the screen used packs. The ones I'm using are 1 ½" long but only ¾" to 1" are needed
thebigone2087 wrote:10-32. I believe that's what they were on the screen used packs. The ones I'm using are 1 ½" long but only ¾" to 1" are needed

Ok. Ya I'm using the same. I have seen a couple of people using 1/4x20, and me and Jay were recently talking about that.
There is a thread in here that lists all the screwed needed for the thrower and pack. I think ¼"x20 were only used on the top of the HGA I think. I used them there and to mount my crank knob. On my first pack I used them to mount all the parts from inside the pack.
Teeny Weeny update at lunch today:

Finished the Ion Arm today. Resistors are mounted as is the Elbow and got the end cap screwed in at lunch today.

Other side

I will hopefully get this guy and the booster tube mounted either tomorrow or Tuesday so stay tuned for the last of the mounting parts!
Kingpin liked this
Nope, CPU64 had the holes pre-drilled for all the resistors and I don't know what measurements he went off of.
Big Update today!

So, once again I was up early today and with the two extra hours I had, I figured I would do as much as I possibly could considering my two days off this week will be prep for the baby. First thing I wanted to accomplice was to get the Ion Arm and Booster mounted to the shell. I succeeded!

Booster Tube installed

Side shot of the Ion Arm and how close the booster is

Booster frame… I probably looked over this guy a dozen times to make sure it was low enough and straight enough. I think it turned out damn good.

RIBBON CABLE!!

I didn't get as nice of a twist as I wanted, but I think it looks good the way it is. I might take it out and try and get more of a rounded twist in it, but we will see.

Wider shot of the ribbon cable

Onto tubing!

I used blue tubing to go from the HGA to Beam Line (or Filler Tube, can't remember which is which)

I actually got a good curve from the top Clippard to the top of the Sage this time…

Close shot of the PPD, I cut the loom at an angle at the bottom so it'd sit flush.

Tubing in the Legris Straights

I drilled out the injectors to fit the tubing, looks good IMO.

Thats what I got accomplished today, I think at lunch today I might work either on the wiring for the vent system or place the stickers and aluminum labels… Haven't decided which yet. Stay Tuned!!
Kingpin, alphabeta001 liked this
Very nice indeed!
Lookin good, Big'N!

My only suggestion thus far would be to tighten up that ribbon cable twist. I know it can be a pain, but messing with mine, I have found that if you can leave it out in the sun for a while, it makes it much more pliable. Luckily for me, I'm in Houston, Texas, so even when it's not out in the sun, it's still out in the sun.

Also, is there any way you could get a better shot of your injector tubing placement where it goes into the bottom of the pack? That location is something I'm currently working on and I'm trying to see it done as many different ways as I can.
Yeah, I can get a photo for you but it might be a while. All I did was find center, and drill two ¼" holes. Pretty straight forward.
Pack is getting close to completion. I have all the labels on the pack and gun (though I ROYALLY screwed up the two toggle switch dry rub transfers on the gun body) and got the gun fully wired up to the pack. Obviously, I am waiting on the FreekyGeeky pop-mech to put in there before I get the barrel fully installed, but in the meantime everything works as it should :-)

Here is a quick shot of everything on the pack. I didn't have a lot of time this morning, so this is in my "office" that is currently taken over by boxes as we complete our nursery.

No, I do not have a bellows installed yet. I am waiting for the next run of either AJ's or EJGunth87's when he does his. Gotta have it accurate ;-)

This next photo is for Twinkie!

Sorry it took so long to get you this photo.

I did finally get my Kanger cartomizer for the vent system. Got it all wired and it actually produces smoke but the air pump I had wasn't a proper air pump so luckily the new one should be here either friday or saturday so I can put the final touches on the vent system.

Also, When I put my pack on for the first time, I noticed it sat crooked on the ALICE frame and when I looked I saw that I drilled the center hole on the vertical support too hard to one side. Anyone have experience with fixing something like that?
35FT_TWINKIE liked this
A little tease for now…

Actually it isn't a tease at all. I finished hooking up the e-cog venting system today. I must say the effect is really freaking cool, but I am getting intermittent results. Sometimes I get a decent amount of smoke, other times not AND it depends on the vent sequence used (short or full overload). I have a feeling it is the mixture of glycerin to fog fluid I have. But I'll have to figure that out.
I'll see if I can take a photo of it tonight, it's going in on the side of the N-filter, basically the same way the kits for sale are set up.
So I got the venting system all figure out. I just needed to change my mixture, it now blows a lot of smoke. One thing I *might* add is a manual purge button to heat up the coil after it hasn't been used for a while to get the smoke going. I had to "vent" the pack multiple times after I cleaned the wicks out of old fluid.
PssdffJay wrote:That's great! I'm glad that's all it was. What was your mixture?
It WAS all kinds of off... just kind of eyeballing it. I had some pipettes from a Bio Lab kit from school and some beakers so I mixed 50/50 glycerin and fog fluid and made sure it was good and mixed. I cleaned the old fluid out of the e-cig as well as the wicks. Had to vent a number of times before any smoke came out, but now its nice and thick :-)
So, as I said before, I got the venting system and mixture all buttoned up. I added a SPST push button to the top of my motherboard to act as a 'purge' for the e-cig. Instead of venting 5-10 times, I can just hold the put-on down until smoke starts to make its way out. REALLY easy to wire up (big thanks to jimfin and his son for all the help!)

EDIT: I apologize for the sideways photos, I have adjusted them in photobucket, but they don't correct after re-pasting the code.

Here is a look at the venting set-up.

A closer look at everything

Here is the button at the top all wired up. The green wire is nothing special, I have red and black wire going everywhere and since the + and - didn't matter in this case, I just used the green for differentiation.

The green wires going into the vent relay. They are just basically sitting on top of the red wires. No soldering needed :-)

...and finally the push button on the top of my motherboard.

Done for now. Just waiting on the pop mech from FreekyGeeky and EJgunth87's bellows replica to finish this guy off. Pretty soon this guy will be Baltimore Comic-Con bound :cool:

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]