What did you do, quite your day job? You powered through this!! I probably spent more time looking at photos and worrying about fractions of inches then you did total! You sir, are amazing!
PssdffJay wrote:What did you do, quite your day job? You powered through this!! I probably spent more time looking at photos and worrying about fractions of inches then you did total! You sir, are amazing!
I work the evening shift now, from 4PM to Midnight... I'll work on it for a couple of hours when I get home when everybody is sleeping, go to bed for like 5-6 hours, and then get back to it after breakfast... Got less than two weeks left to finish this (minus the paint job), so I'm in a rush, but still taking my time not to screw it up... As fast as I'm going with little rest, I'm quite happy with my progress so far, it's turning out better than I had hoped... With all the planning I did, it seems I'm finding better ways to do it with each step I take... and the hardware store is loving me too! LOL! Thankfully, all the little hardware stuff is fairly cheap...

As for fractions of inches, I started worrying about it when I first started, but when I got to the Booster Tube and started frustrating me, I said screw it, the screen-used ones weren't perfect anyways, and started moving along, and it became less stressful and more fun... However, the reflector and speaker mount definitely needed some careful planning and measurements to get it to sit exactly where the lens are on the cyclotron (which are just tacked on with some hot glue, so I can easily remove it when it comes to painting time)... Still brainstorming the vent mechanism, it's gonna be a doozy...
Progress is a little slow the last couple of days, lots going on at work, but powercell lights mounted/installed and 4" speakers installed... I need to cleanup the temporary hotglue I used to mount the lenses in the Powercell and Cyclotron... In this lighting, they looked chipped, cracked and scratched... Not planning on doing any weathering yet to this... Hopefully get the electronics mounted and tested before the weekend... and then, it's thrower time!

ecto80, Corey91 liked this
With that massive speaker in the Cyclotron, you should let it loose with a huge matching grille in the Motherboard. People will hear your pack for miles around!

Terrific work!
Thanks, everybody! Just need to finish up the wiring and the wand, and this thing will be good to go with the exception of the paint job... The electronics mounting is by far the slowest process so far... Getting it all nice and tidy hasn't been the easiest tasking...
LOL! The mobo electronics is a little bit of a headache... Getting everything arranged so that everything is neat and clean and on the mobo only (nothing internal is mounted to the shell!) is quite the challenge... I should have an update by Thursday... and then onward to Massachusetts on Tuesday! =D
I did, actually, and it was more luck than anything, one of my mounting bolts for my speakers was in just the right position to bolt a tiny L-Bracket to and secure the vent mech...
Alright, Jay, here you go! =D

Tried to find a way to mount all the electronics internals to the motherboard, and not to the shell, which wasn't too hard, but the vent system proved to be kind of a challenge... The fact that I was able to find a mounting point in the perfect spot was shear luck and coincidence on my part... LOL!

Whole lot of mess of wires to clean up and make all pretty like... Only temporary, though... Have a lot more plans for this in the future... Like mount the Wand Lights kit away from the thrower, but I'll save that for when I get my aluminum wand, don't really have time for it anyways, really need to get some rest before my drive to Massachusetts...

And, as discussed in ovwthrillseekr's thread, here's my rendition of the GB2 Courtroom Proton Stream... Sorry for the crappy video, will take a better video by the end of the week... Made some other modifications to the GBFans Soundboard as well... You can also see that I have yet to mount the Switchcraft shelf onto my motherboard, but it works perfectly with a DPDT Center Off Switch for both batteries to support charging and powering the soundboard and vent system... The vent battery will also power a Bluetooth receiver... Thankfully I used two batteries, because the Bluetooth receiver caused a hell of a lot of audible noise when connected to the Soundboard battery... Plus, it doubles as a Cellphone charger if needed! LOL!

PssdffJay liked this
Alright, I believe the shell and internals are parade-ready... Here are some photos!

Speaker holes!!! Lots and lots of drilling! (Template courtesy of Alan Hawkins - https://www.flickr.com/photos/alanbadge ... 69/sizes/o)

My attempt at Cable Management... I'll make it cleaner later, but for now, this will suffice... Initially messed up and broke off the AUX Input to the Soundboard, so I had to turn the soundboard upside down... Thank God I was able to solder it back down, but I had to be VERY careful...

Shell on! Thrower mounted! Woot!

Rear view, where you can see the Powertec OEM II Power Supply "concealing" my mess of external cabling... You can also see in the photo a Bluetooth module, which I kept external so that I can remove it easily and even use the cabling to charge my cellphone and directly connect the AUX Input to a phone or MP3 Player as well... It feeds off of the Vent battery, so it doesn't drain the primary power, which also doubles as noise isolation, because it interfered with the soundboard when they were both plugged into the same battery...

...also in the photo, you can see I replaced the straps with Nick's Padded LC-2 Straps... LC-1 straps are currently in the process of getting padded as well... As you can see, I'm taking things from both GB1 and GB2, as well as some elements from the PH display and TVG...

Switchcraft shelf, with charging ports for both batteries and a DPDT Center Off Switch to control POWER ON/OFF/CHARGE...

And, here's the side of the Powertec OEM II Power Supply... made a makeshift Sintra PVC wall on the open side and installed a toggle switch for the manual vent... Also, hidden under that is my volume knob...

Now, time to put the finishing touches on the Throwing Chicken wand! =D
I know... The gray color of the resin and the aluminum all look really nice... However, I did make everything easily removable, so it's not that insanely difficult to take apart and put back together once the time comes to paint...

Thanks everybody for the feedback and kind words, and of course the encouragement!
You really do justice to the Ghostbuster universe. I hope to shake your hand one day.
And the thrower is now Parade ready!

And... VIDEO!!!

So, for now, I'm done working with it... But is it 100% complete? Hellz no!

What else do I have planned, you might ask? Well, here's my laundry list:
1. Paint it! Just need for the weather to get just right for it...
2. As soon as I get my aluminum wand, will migrate all the internal wand electronics to the mobo... Already have a plan, just need the aluminum wand...
3. Other things planned with the Aluminum wand is the flash bulb installation... One of the first things I worked on in my build, but not something I wanted to implement yet...
4. ...also need to complete the wand bezel kit... just don't have the time and patience for it right now, I need to rest...
5. ...vibration motor for the wand...
6. ...pop mech for the wand tip... if you noticed, I have not yet installed a brass rod into the thrower either...
7. And, maybe some kind of an eCig setup for the wand? Maybe somehow make it smoke after the overheat sequence? Hmmm...
8. Replace my Padded LC-2 straps with padded LC-1 straps...
9. Improve the sounds... maybe somehow convert all the sounds to 18kHz... Not sure if it's possible, considering the sound chip is now already at 97% full...
NickoRay liked this
Not sure if you have pics of this but how did you hold the lights in place for the thrower? Orange/white hat lights have the sockets right?

Like the ones found under red/white LEDs.

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]