Oh goody! Looky at all the nifty parts that just arrived from RJ...

Last edited by bishopdonmiguel on September 20th, 2018, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmy GB liked this
Ok, dumb question time. Why didn't you just use the other end of the cat 5 cable soldered the existing wires that go to the boards instead of going about all those little pins? Cleaner? Easier? Do you know what I mean?

And congrats on the new parts!! I too had a nice little delivery on my doorstep from him today.
PssdffJay wrote:Why didn't you just use the other end of the cat 5 cable soldered the existing wires that go to the boards instead of going about all those little pins? Cleaner? Easier? Do you know what I mean?
What you describe was certainly an option. In my case, splicing would require nearly the same effort due to the small gauge and the pins seemed arbitrarily better. Plus, I didn't have any appropriately sized shrink wrap. Also, I wanted to be able to trace the wires in the thrower back to the board in the pack if I had any trouble. If I had spliced the wires, it would have required a decoder of some sort and been confusing for this old dude.

I'm really looking forward to building up this aluminum thrower... but still have lots of house projects consuming my free time so it will be slow going. I am glad that I invested the effort into the Cat-5 ports to enable a simple swap. Been thinking about a home for the TC thrower and considering installing it on "Bishop's GB Golf Cart." I think it would be neat at Halloween and having it plug-n-play should make it easy.
I know I'm the slow kid here but finally got the thrower parts dry-fitted. Now it's time to clean-up & prime...
Last edited by bishopdonmiguel on September 20th, 2018, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
When given an opportunity to visit a National Monument in Ghostbusters gear, you make it happen and take a damn picture!

Boom!

Last edited by bishopdonmiguel on September 20th, 2018, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
GohstTarp wrote:Question about your assembly... how close did you mount the gun track to the rear cylinder?
Either my brain farts are getting more pronounced or I answered this question when the website was flaking out last month and it got lost. In either case, my apologies for not answering this question sooner.

Everything on RJ's thrower was pre-drilled so I didn't have to make any decisions. This is good because otherwise I would have subjected my old brain to another dose of gratuitous & extraneous decision anxiety. The distance between the gun track and the rear cylinder is just over 1/16 inch.
GohstTarp liked this
bishopdonmiguel wrote:In either case, my apologies for not answering this question sooner.
LOL... No worries, my friend :)
bishopdonmiguel wrote:Everything on RJ's thrower was pre-drilled so I didn't have to make any decisions.
Gotta love that!
bishopdonmiguel wrote:The distance between the gun track and the rear cylinder is just over 1/16 inch.
Excellent. Thank you, Bish!
monolith21 wrote:Bishop...this is an absolutely stunning build. We need to talk man!
Get that hero build started!
I can't believe how long it's been since I've had anything to report here. But the day has arrived when Vigo, the Scourge of Carpathia, the Sorrow of Moldavia, has taken his proper place upon my office wall.

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more!

Last edited by bishopdonmiguel on September 20th, 2018, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmy GB wrote:...a bit of a sissy, isn't he?

Love it! Ps...jealous of your hair.
I'm jealous of everyone's hair.... Dammit.
Grimmy GB liked this
Always great to hear from you guys.

There are many other build and prop threads here, think I'll just combine my stuff and post in this thread.

So here is my recent KUD build. Not the correct potato masher but close enough for my liking. Will be adding tone generator circuit soon for some noise and will do something to make that meter move around when ghosts are present...

Last edited by bishopdonmiguel on September 20th, 2018, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmy GB liked this
gbjedi wrote:HOLY SMOKES!!!! I just read through this entire build. I am impressed, sir! I will be looking at this as I begin my build.
Thanks much! Looking forward to seeing your build, my friend.
My take on Janine's desk bell. Integrated card with custom sound clip.

Never tried a Facebook video link before but hoping this works... FB video

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]