By csullivan1980
Gotta troubleshoot some light issues I'm having with the Gbfans wand kit but other than that I'm close to being done done.Image
By csullivan1980
So close to the end! I got my metal bellow today, I just have to pick up the right length of bolt for it. Image

I stopped by my local ace hardware and grabbed some "Narrow Gap rubber Tape". I wanted to line the inside of the pack with it to prevent any weather damage in the event I do get caught in the rain.

Here is what I was trying to explain earlier.

ImageImageImageImage

I'm not sure if I'll do the whole way around or just the top.

Next I'm going to try to see how mounting the Gbfans light kit board to the bottom of the TC plate goes. I might hard line all the switches (minus color led and ear trigger) to the Gbfans soundboard.
By csullivan1980
Thanks guys. I think once it's finished with the minor improvements it will be where I'd like it to be.

I decided to line all around. I held off on where the power cell lights will go because I didn't want to line it until I have the kit in my hands. I made a simple holder out of styrene that was molded with a heat gun. But I will not know until Friday how it fits.

By csullivan1980
Got my cyclotron kit and quickly testing it out but can't seem to figure out how to make the cyclotron change colors. Image

https://vimeo.com/128504873
By csullivan1980
Oh shoot, looks like I need one more thing.
Last edited by csullivan1980 on May 21st, 2015, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By csullivan1980
Grimmy GB wrote:No...that's your wand board/kit in the thrower... click on that link in my last post. You need that light kit for the cyclotron.
d'oh! How did I miss that? I sent him a pm, hopefully there are some still available.
By Grimmy GB
csullivan1980 wrote:
Grimmy GB wrote:No...that's your wand board/kit in the thrower... click on that link in my last post. You need that light kit for the cyclotron.
d'oh! How did I miss that? I sent him a pm, hopefully there are some still available.
You'll have it in a few days. I think he has some still available :cool:
By csullivan1980
Despite the cyclotron lights going in the opposite direction than what I want they are going to be upgraded in a week anyway to TVG lights.

https://vimeo.com/128620560

So, uh.....now what? Haha!
By Parflagush
That shelf you've got for the powercell lights is pretty nifty. How did you go about making that? I'm about at that point on my next build and I was hoping to improve upon my original idea.
By csullivan1980
Gush, it's Plastruct Brand Styrene sheets (#91108). With table vice I heated up the edges to curve to make the shelf effect. Didn't take long at all and it worked better than trying to epoxy 3 individual pieces together.
By csullivan1980
As of today I am 100% finished with my pack!!!!!

Here is a link to the video being uploaded right now. Enjoy!

This pack will be out in the wild soon!

http://youtu.be/VJ7oexF3i5Y
Ecto_1X liked this
By csullivan1980
Sure just provide all the parts and give me 8-9 months lol
By csullivan1980
I got one of the split less looms from the Gbfans store and plan to put it on my pack before a parade next week.

Anyone got any tips for carefully getting the ribbon cable of the Gbfans proton gun from one end to the other? I though coat hanger but I don't think it's long enough.

Also, what a good length for the hose. On average.
By Parflagush
I taped the plastic end at an angle (like a triangle) so that it is the same width as the cable. Then I tied a string to it, and then tied the other end of the string to a metal nut. Then I dropped the nut into the loom and fed it out the other side, then pulled the string with the ribbon cable attached through the loom. It catches a few times inside, but if you straighten the loom as you pull it through, it's not too difficult.
By pyhasanon
I once used the Splitless loom, but I didn't like the look... yes, the split can get annoying, but with some aquarium tubing through the loom (for structure) and careful placement of some screen-accurate electrical tape, it works, and to me, it adds to the grungy, industrial look... but that's just me... =P
By westies14
pyhasanon wrote:I once used the Splitless loom, but I didn't like the look... yes, the split can get annoying, but with some aquarium tubing through the loom (for structure) and careful placement of some screen-accurate electrical tape, it works, and to me, it adds to the grungy, industrial look... but that's just me... =P
For those aiming for gb1 accuracy, I think the "electrical tape" in the first film is large heat shrink insulation tubing (as seen on the front ear of the gun slid over the tube before assembly and heat-tightened once assembled.
By csullivan1980
I plan to hold onto my split loom and try out splitless loom for a while. One of the things I like about the splitless little more than to split is that the splitless them has more flexibility.
By csullivan1980
So I'm considering buying one of the battery packs for my pack.

At the moment I'm running the whole pack off 8 AA batteries; so far it's held up well but don't have a long lifespan of constant use. Plus going on/out of the pack to change the batteries is kind of a pain.

Since the shop is down until next week are there any other alternatives? I got a con in a week and this would be a huge lifesaver.

Also are there any modifications that need to be made to a battery pack? I saw Gush had to mod his a bit.

I'll be connecting this to the gbfans amplified sound board.
By csullivan1980
Holy crap! These super padded LC2 shoulder straps are a back saver. I only just put them on and tried them out but holy gawd! Amazing!!!!ImageImage
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]