Boys, I can't thank yas enough! I appreciate it.

Hoot, get up here and let's to a photoshoot of yours. Seriously, we can throw down a few Rolling Rocks and get creative. I owe you that much atleast.
By Hoot
I will definitely take you up on that in the near future. I am waiting to make some small upgrades (internal and external) to my pack to kinda clean up the mess in it but that will be in another thread :)

Yes, Rolling Rocks will be had LOL
Riggs45 liked this
Congrats on building a beautiful pack man. The pictures are awesome. I love that you've called it a 1.5 build because that's exactly how it comes across. You can be extremely proud dude
Riggs45 liked this
NickoRay wrote:Call me a noob but I was watching GB last night and saw that the Ion Arms are mostly all black. Are there any silver ones in movies?s
In the first film, the Ion Arm caps were painted black, and as filming progressed and the packs got beaten up, they started to show some light weathering around the edges, revealing the aluminum underneath.

For the second film, the Hero packs show even more weathering on the Ion Arm caps (mainly the Venkman Hero pack). As for the Semi-Hero packs, some were painted black, whereas others were bare with a few swatches of black paint. In fact, more paint was even added to some of the bare caps after the NYC location shooting (such as Ray's Semi-Hero pack).
Demon Vice Commander wrote: In the first film, the Ion Arm caps were painted black, and as filming progressed and the packs got beaten up, they started to show some light weathering around the edges, revealing the aluminum underneath.

For the second film, the Hero packs show even more weathering on the Ion Arm caps (mainly the Venkman Hero pack). As for the Semi-Hero packs, some were painted black, whereas others were bare with a few swatches of black paint. In fact, more paint was even added to some of the bare caps after the NYC location shooting (such as Ray's Semi-Hero pack).
Got it. So mostly black with weathering. But there were never all aluminum caps in the movie? Some people just prefer some of their packs to be that way?
Riggs, the pack looks great and that's probably an understatement. Perfect timing for completion as well, as my buddy and I are planning to have our projects starting in the next month or so.

Also let me jump off topic and say, while you guys are throwing down some Rolling Rock, be thinking of me. I live about 20 miles from where it was brewed before Anheuser-Busch bought it. Can't say it has the same taste that it did when it was Latrobe, PA river water, but what can you do?

Great job again!
thejaeffect, glad to hear it! Hope the thread helps in one way or another. Keep us posted on the build.
I'll definitely cheers to you! In fact, that sounds like a good enough reason as any for me to grab a few tonight! haha
Thanks man
*Shakes fist*
This isn't how a Studio Creations Build is supposed to look! You done went and made it look too good!

:P

I kidd, I kidd. Just an amazing job on this build! I think I said it before, but I am always so skeptical about Studio Creations builds. They are fine for what they are, but rarely are they able to be made into a screen accurate piece, but you have pulled it off masterfully! Incredible job all around!

(I always chuckle at the title of the thread, though. It's the question mark at the end that makes me laugh. It reminds me of this:
Image )

:D
Riggs45 liked this
hahaha thanks Lewis! So funny you mention that because that actually went through my head when I typed it. I could hear the voice and everything! I hadn't organized the photos yet, and had no idea what constituted the "Pic Heavy" label, so I added the question mark as insurance.
Thanks again my friend! I'm so glad it turned out passable!
How did you get the split loom to stay up on the injector tubes? Glue?
Thanks Venkman. Ontario represent! I built my wife and I a couple Gizmo's, I just have to finish them up. I built a set of goggles as well. I'm currently getting ready to start an mdf stunt trap.

Sullivan, I was originally going to hot glue them, but when I test fitted, they stayed in on their own force. The holes I drilled were just the right size, with a good amount of depth for them to give some grip and the tubing I have is really rigid so they just popped in there.
Lowberg-Thanks man! And boy how I wish I you had've done some pics of your MDF build while it was in progress. That is one of the best Ive ever seen. I can't believe how good it turned out! I'm looking at a trap next with MDF as well. Seriously, It looks like it was bought. Amazing

DVC- What a compliment! Thank you!
Well that is much appreciated my friend. I think you put out a beauty. I'm currently collecting parts for a second sc shell build. Doing a teenage mutant ninja turtle crossover pack, to go with the comic. But its still early in the collection phase. Can't wait to start it.

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]