Made some progress last night on the pack.
When I wear my pack it occupies about 26" of heigh on my back. When I measured my son's back the same space came out to be about 10". So now we are talking about a 38% pack for scale.
I needed a template for the motherboard so I used Stefan's plans as a guide. I printed off the blueprint on a sheet of paper and it came out to a nice 10" height on the first try. Here it is next to my pack. So tiny!
So knowing my ratio, I started shrinking everything down. I figured the last thing I would do would be to actually cut the motherboard out of sintra since most of this work will be freehand and making adjustments on the fly. Here is the cyclotron. I am using costuming foam and hot glue so that this will be super light. I may put a coat of wood glue down and then use black plasti-dip....or I may jsut leave it like this. Not sure at the moment.
Now that I have the full GBFans lights kit, I can use my old one for my son's pack. It's rather bulky and has way more wires than I will need (and I don't feel like cutting) so I will have to basically build the foam around it. You can see how much of the motherboard it occupies.
Here you can see the light kit surrounded by foam. Tight fit but it still gives me roam to make it look more like a proton pack.
Here is the inside. Not much room for anything lol.
Made the booster tube, frame, and ion arm. For the power cell window I just cut it so that it only show 1/2 of the LED's and hides the other half up under the ion arm.