Below are the photos I took of the Venkman Hero Pack that was on display at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis as part of the "Inside Hollywood Film & TV! You're On the Set" exhibit. I spent about an hour photographing the pack and tried to get every possible angle and detail from the manner in which the pack was displayed.

This particular pack, on loan from the Sony Prop Archives, is the subject of the "secret" photos that have often been whispered about in the GB community over the past several years. While I wasn't able to photograph the pack from every side, a lot of the lesser-seen details can now be made public knowledge.

While I'm happy to share these images with the community, all I ask is that they not be re-posted on other sites without permission.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Demon Vice Commander on September 26th, 2017, 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Smeghead, Dougger, xxbrankxx and 12 others liked this
By pyhasanon
Aw, man, I could have used these last week! LOL! Thanks for sharing! Great details! Odd, how the booster frame almost seems melted onto the booster tube...
By Smeghead
Great pics mate, thanks for sharing! :D
pyhasanon wrote:Odd, how the booster frame almost seems melted onto the booster tube...
That, and did you notice the bit of wire poking out of the end of the bumper?
nick-a-tron wrote:That bumper wire is confusing me...greatly.
Julz and I were discussing the possibility of the bumper on the Venkman Hero actually being a semi-hero bumper (resin layer + expanding foam) with the wire cast in to give it support.

It's also possible that this bumper is solid cast in a semi-rigid resin, which would account for the flex and indentations from the washers, but still with the wire to give it some added strength. It's unclear at this point how far the wire extends around the bumper, if it's just on the sides, or if it wraps around the front.
By Smeghead
Well if you're confused, I can only assume this is a sign of the end times. *Checks his Sumerian calendar*
:P

Obviously its for some kind of reinforcement. I'm guessing this is not something that was already known about then?
Fantastic pics! Thanks for sharing.
Demon Vice Commander wrote:
Julz and I were discussing the possibility of the bumper on the Venkman Hero actually being a semi-hero bumper (resin layer + expanding foam) with the wire cast in to give it support.

It's also possible that this bumper is solid cast in a semi-rigid resin, which would account for the flex and indentations from the washers, but still with the wire to give it some added strength. It's unclear at this point how far the wire extends around the bumper, if it's just on the sides, or if it wraps around the front.

Just checked out a photo of the Sony lobby HERO pack....yup, protruding wire there too.
By Smeghead
I can just see you now, Nick, frantically working on a new mold that includes sticky-out wire...
So now I am confused.... I thought the only HERO pack (recycled hero's from the first movie) that had the clippard hex fitting on the Ion arm instead of the square fitting on the endcap was the "Super Hero" which is at Sony? Even the Spengler Hero that sold at auction still had the square fitting on the endcap.
I knew it was satin (semi) gloss black. Just like the Omni pack.

Leaves me wondring why many prop builders still decide to paint theirs flat (mat) black.
I can't believe I didn't post here sooner. Some fantastic photos of the prop, and timely that this topic has come up again as I was in need of good reference photos so I can finally put in an order for a all-metal Proton Gun. :)

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]