By jenmcnitt
What parts are folks finding that are useful for the thrower?

A few of the parts I'm looking for include:

-What are you using for the grips?
-What diameter are the pipes that your using?
-Is there a preexisting item out there that can be used to mimic the gun barell piece with multiple round holes or are folks using pvc and drilling holes all the way around themselves?
By Makuta
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

crydrk wrote: I found a backpack that looks passable. I might be purchasing this soon if there is no definite answer in the near future.
http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Lence-Mounta ... e+backpack

[EDIT] ^ I thought I recognized that yellow piece. Someone already found this pack and asked Feig. His reply was "close enough".
avlisdivad wrote:I used the same backpack.... But modified the straps tp have more orange.

i got this backpack also, soes anyone have pictures on how they attached it to the motherboard?
or information on how the movie ones attach? the movie ones look like they have 2 upper straps
By jason407
Lots of pics in this thread that show the back.
Reference Thread - The "Olympia" Pack, Reboot Pack in London
viewtopic.php?t=40261

For mine, I just cut away the front half of the backpack and then used large washers to screw/rivet the backpack to the motherboard.
By Makuta
jason407 wrote:Lots of pics in this thread that show the back.
Reference Thread - The "Olympia" Pack, Reboot Pack in London
viewtopic.php?t=40261

For mine, I just cut away the front half of the backpack and then used large washers to screw/rivet the backpack to the motherboard.

thanks i will take a look.
the straps of this backpack are very close together, i was thinking of cutting down the middle to space the straps further from each other, that would complicate the waist/kidney pad
in general the backpack seems small, i cant even clip the waist strap
This was the direction I chose to go on the straps/frame. I used the straps from the backpack above combined with strapping from a standard Alice frame. I am happy with how it turned out. A lot of people are opting for the classic Alice Frame due to it's functionality. I wanted it to look the part, so I changed the color a bit. I'm good with it. I think the orange straps add to the overall look.

Kingpin liked this
By Randor
This thread is great! Love all the work everyone has put into identifying the parts. I would love to help compile a list of the best sites to get parts from. I also plan to be make the motherboard in a week or two for mine and a friends pack.
By Mr.Spider
Its better to just have a complete list of parts and their part numbers, ID numbers etc, if you start listing sites on where to get them, you end up ruinging that resource for parts because then everyone who comes across the list will order from the same person, causing stock to plummet and prices to possible rise.
Randor, jenmcnitt liked this
By Randor
Very good point. A complete list of parts and part nos would be the better way. I know people hate having to scroll through page after page to try to get the complete and most current info.
jenmcnitt liked this
By AJ Quick
PattyTolen wrote:Anyone figure out lighting kits yet??
Other than a few small shots, we don't know exactly how the packs will light up yet. Best to wait until there is more footage or until the movie is out to do actual light kits.
By Kingpin
This is what I've observed so far:

Proton Pack:

The cage pulses from the top down to the bottom, this appears to be the case both when the Packs are being fired and when they aren't.

Proton Gun:

The green square push button and red LED next to it appear to be static, as are the red barrel lights (separate to the "bulbs" added to the end, barring any sort of animation when the barrel lights are activated), the "bulbs" are also simply on/off with no animation when fired/activated.
By Azgbfan
After staring at all the reference photos I can get my hands on, I still have a question about this one part. Does anyone have an idea what this thing is? At first, it looked like something from the back of a old fridge. Thoughts?

Azgbfan wrote:After staring at all the reference photos I can get my hands on, I still have a question about this one part. Does anyone have an idea what this thing is? At first, it looked like something from the back of a old fridge. Thoughts?

I have yet to find an exact match but given it's location near a gauge and on top of the cryogen-tanks and the abundance of high pressure parts on these packs my money is on a pneumatic silencer but I could be wrong, It could be painted black or without it's internal filter so it is hard to say. Hope this helps the search
By PattyTolen
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

While looking up the Silencers... I also found these badboys... It lists it as a Parker ES75MC Aluminum Exhaust Silencer but the photo on amazon isn't the same...
So this thing is bigger than it looks at about 4 inches long, meant for and industrial air set up, also cut in half it should make a great close enough wand cradle

I really think some similar type of pneumatic silencer (SMC brand shown here) is used to make the Wand cradle but have yet to find one that matches the hole pattern (note the slots are squared on one end and rounded on the other).

Also the ring clamps that attach the rod holding the cradle to the motherboard
Are called Shaft Mounting Collars at this time I am unsure the brand, or size needed though as I am still ordering for side by side comparisons but will let you all know as soon as I do.
Image.

Side note on this part, the shaft appears to have a curve milled out to better match the cradle curve behind where the countersunk screw is.

Side -side- note anyone else expecting to hear this thing rattle against your wand tip all day at cons?
Kingpin liked this
By Kingpin
For those wishing to replicate the Mark 2.0 (Concert) Packs, the Gun Box might now be a bit easier to put together, as it's actually the same Gun Box as used on the Mark 3.0 (Times Square) Proton Pack, with an external cage and extra components added to it:

So I've figured out 3 of the 4 different pack stickers (radiation heart, bio hazard, electric shock), has anyone figured out the 4th sticker yet? Also do you know who has what pack, its assumed Holtzman has the radiation heart one from the posters, but what about the others, are they assigned yet? Also have we figured out the size of the ashcroft gauge yet I thought I read earlier in the thread that it was either 2 inch or 2.5, anyone nailed that down yet?
Harry Bardwell wrote:So I've figured out 3 of the 4 different pack stickers (radiation heart, bio hazard, electric shock), has anyone figured out the 4th sticker yet? Also do you know who has what pack, its assumed Holtzman has the radiation heart one from the posters, but what about the others, are they assigned yet?
This picture show which pack belongs to who.
By KoCo
I was going to wait until after I had printed one off, but since it's being discussed, I went ahead and recreated all of the decals for the pack.

I worked off this image:

and was able to come up with these:

They should be 1:1 if printed at 6"x12"

Here is the link to the full-size image: http://i.imgur.com/49DQaWd.png

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]