Harry Bardwell wrote:Also have we figured out the size of the ashcroft gauge yet I thought I read earlier in the thread that it was either 2 inch or 2.5, anyone nailed that down yet?
Ashcroft gauge is 2.5" mounted to the side of the Hammond box.
Azgbfan wrote:I was planning on making my own stucker. Make it a bit more "mine". I agree, good work Koco.
I did, see my ID pic. Of course I'll clean it up for my pack.
wow that's awesome, haven't seen that pic before and thanks for the labels. Couple problems if you dont mind me pointing them out, the bio hazard one doesn't have a boarder its orange all the way to the edge, and the electric shock one has a different figure, instead of the outline of a man, its the stick figure person like you see on bathroom signs and had shape corners and no outside yellow line. Also anyone got a good file for the gun label?

By KoCo
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

All I set out to do was recreate what is seen on that image I posted from Amazon.com. In it, the decals do have those borders.
The image is a simple .PNG, so if anyone wants to alter it for their use, that's fine.
I was aware if the discrepancy with the orange biohazard decal, though I decided to go with the licenced version from that toy, as nothing on the paranormal research labs website is very accurate, as far as we can tell.
Harry Bardwell liked this
no sweat dude, they look great and will be probably what i use for the junk packs i'm making for the premier, just trying to be helpful. also is it just me or does the bio hazard label on Abby's pack in the shot of all 4 look more like a triangle sticker now?
Loving this thread but i am getting confused with the hammond boxes. I want to put together some parts so i can have them to work on here and there. I saw from reading the thread that the consensus is 5 hammond boxes in total but previous posters and the store have different boxes. Does anyone know what 5 they are? Are some doubles?
Thanks! Does anyone have a list of them. I know the ship has three on offer and i need to be sure before making an order as shipping can be a big hit for me in UK. Where they go and how they are cut in half would be an amazing help too!
By vmax1974
I have made a 1:1 pdf for cutting and drilling the reboot mobo it prints onto a4 sheets then cut and stick down for a simple template all the sizes are metric in millimetres (mm)

<portion of post deleted>

Moderator Note: Please read the guidelines for buying and selling:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10758
Last edited by Fritz on July 22nd, 2016, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Against Buyer/Seller rules
vmax1974 wrote:I have made a 1:1 pdf for cutting and drilling the reboot mobo it prints onto a4 sheets then cut and stick down for a simple template all the sizes are metric in millimetres (mm)
Awesome, thank you, will you offer the prototype variants and Erin's distinct hole pattern as well?
Last edited by Fritz on July 22nd, 2016, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Portion of quoted post deleted
By Adastra
vmax1974 wrote:I have only done this one as its the one i intend to use for my wifes and some of our friends packs

I also have it on .dxf file if you wanted to have it waterjet or laser cut

Great, I've been bumbling about looking for a motherboard layout with dimensions.

Is your .dxf "unfolded"? would it be easy to flatten it out? been a long time since I did CAD stuff back at uni.
Been lurking for a while but now thinking about adding to my kit with a GB2 pack for me and a reboot pack for the Mrs.
vmax1974 liked this
By Hvd
I totally love this thread, so many amazing builds!

Just wanted to say, as the person who designed the motherboard that seems to be such a pain in the ass, that the hole pattern designed was laid out in such a way that it would accomodate changes made to the parts and design of the pack throughout production.

The layout of the very first prototype motherboard sent to early production meetings and the one on the final packs you see in the movies are virtually identical. But throughout the build designs changed and its just not feasible, due to both time and money, to re-laser 2 dozen motherboards to move a hole pattern a quarter of an inch.

Also, just a bullet point list of some things that seemed up in the air:

There are only 2 3D printed parts on the entire pack and a lot more traditional prop fabricating methods were used than it may seem.
The straps and padding are 100% in house made.
The warning label on the gun is laser engraved, not printed (and I wrote it myself, hope you liked it)
The inside of the faraday cage looks like copper wire tediously wrapped around rings, and it is.

But it seems like you folks have a damn near perfect parts list as it is, so good luck, happy building, and I look forward to seeing your packs at cons :)
Kingpin, vmax1974, Lee FW and 7 others liked this
By vmax1974
My plan for the harness is to have a ride to the local skydive airfield they usually have a rigging expert that could easily make a set of harnesses
By PeterV3329
monolith21 wrote:They talked about a few other pieces of gear. They will likely release pictures of the PKE next which supposedly looks very Real Ghostbusters style!

I can't wait to see some of the other packs. This one had a few marks on it that could fairly easily I.D. it. It leaves for filming in a few weeks. There is a scar in the upper right of the mesh. The sony Rep called this one the Mark II pack.

He also said some high end replicas will likely be available. Replicating that motherboard seems to be the first hurdle.

The pack is made like a tank! Super comfortable to wear though.
So, Sony is going to make replicas of the Reboot pack? When are they going to release it?
By vmax1974
vmax1974 wrote:<portion of post deleted>

Moderator Note: Please read the guidelines for buying and selling:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10758

so sorry my bad

I would put it in the classified for sale section but i am not allowed for some reason
By heyjude7
So now that the movie is out and has been for a few weeks...is there a close enough list of parts for this build? I'm saw one earlier on but was wondering if there is an up to date one? Also where is everyone getting there parts? The Hammond boxes?
How much is the average build?
Thanks in advance
vmax1974 wrote:I have only done this one as its the one i intend to use for my wifes and some of our friends packs

I also have it on .dxf file if you wanted to have it waterjet or laser cut

I must be simple as I can't figure out how to message you. I am interested in buying the DXF file.
vmax1974 liked this
I have to say this thread has been incredibly helpful. I've sourced almost everything bar the 0.9" knobs and the ball valve for the UK but have found things that are very similar.

I love the reboot pack and I've always wanted a pack myself and have been inspired to look into building my own instead of buying a premade one.
By vmax1974
TheLegendOfMart wrote:I have to say this thread has been incredibly helpful. I've sourced almost everything bar the 0.9" knobs and the ball valve for the UK but have found things that are very similar.

I love the reboot pack and I've always wanted a pack myself and have been inspired to look into building my own instead of buying a premade one.
Hydravalve is the uk dealer for rub valves
TheLegendOfMart liked this
I've been going over and over in this thread trying to figure out what is going on with the 1550A Box with the 4 digit display. I'm trying to make a layered simple diagram with simple measurements in photoshop. I know the knobs are too small, I am having to use a UK equivalent that are smaller.

The box itself is only 35mm / 1.38" wide but the Kingbright 4 Digit Display is 50.3mm / 1.98" wide. I know it has a custom metal cover over it but why would people use a box that is actually narrower than the display?

Or have I got mixed up somehow.

vmax1974 liked this

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]