By Kingpin
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:It looks like there might be a separate setup for the cryogen tanks and digital readout displays too, since only the one on the right has it's tank on
I don't think that's the Cryo Tank, it appears to be behind the motherboard. I think that's Holtzmann's Trap armband.

On the subject of the gif animation (I was planning to do something similar in a dedicated thread in the near future), I can't for the life of me work out just how those lights inside the pack are animating... they moved with a much more pronounced clockwise rotation on the Mark II Proton Packs, but the Mark IIIs are stumping me a little, they almost seem to scroll diagonally from top to bottom.
By christphern
Judging by the gif, as well as what I can see in the film, the Mark III packs appear to just be running a chaser type circuit. The light starts in the upper left hand section of the pack, chases clockwise around the pack, and once fully lit, it starts cycling off in the same pattern. Then once fully off, it repeats the chase.

Also, the pack on the right is Holtz's, so, the trap/pistol armband is the likely source for the light. At no point that I can recall do we ever see the cryo chamber lit, so it's unlikely there are lights there. Not impossible, but unlikely.
By PeterV3329
jason407 wrote:
Makuta wrote: i got really excited about this until i realized you said its just the file :/
i dont have the finds for a 3d printer, does anyone sell parts pre printed?
like the gunbox especially, i am stumped on how i could make that gunbox....

i got my 1/4 acrylic sheet and bent correctly, i need to make a few cuts still.
i also went to the local dollartree store and got a "basket" that you can hand plants from and made it into the frame of the faraday cage.
i can post pictures of anyone wants to see them
I would like to see pics of your cage.

I am working on creating a resin synchotron for sale, as well as a gun box kit...so stay tuned. (it's a pain in the butt, but I am getting close)
Can you share some pics of your resin faraday cage?
I'm brand new to the board...but just wanted to say hi. I think I'll be living in this thread for a while. First goal is to make a motherboard as soon as I hear back about buying the plans. I can't wait to talk to my laser cutter about this project!

Gregg
By heyjude7
Just a question regarding this list.. is this pretty accurate to shop

-1/2'' Copper Pipe x 6ft
-3/4'' Copper Pipe x 4''
-1/4'' Copper Pipe x 2''
-1/2'' 45° Copper Elbow x 6
-1/2'' 90° Copper Elbow x 3
-1/2'' Copper Coupler x 4
-3/4'' 90° Copper Elbow x 2
-1/4'' 90° Copper Elbow x 4
-1/2'' RUB Brass Ball Valve, P.N. T242D00 x 1
-Hammond Aluminium Project Enclosure, 2.3x2.17x1.02, P.N. 1550Q x 1
-Hammond Aluminium Project Enclosure, 4.4x2.3x1.6, P.N. 1590BS x 1
-Hammond Aluminium Project Enclosure, 3.5x1.38x1.02, P.N. 1550A x 1
-Rubber Boot for 2.5'' Ashcroft DG25 Gauge, P.N. 471B190-01 x 1
-TE Connectivity Round Connector Cable Clamp, P.N. 206966-7 x 2
-0.75'' Round Pointer Knob w/ Red Face x 1
-0.5'' Round Pointer Knob w/ Blue Face x 1
-0.9'' Round Knurled Knob w/ Bronze Insert x 2
I am trying to put together a list for this thread, complete with links. Shouldn't take me too long, but I want to make sure it is accurate. This is what I have so far. It is formatted as a word doc, so you are more than welcome to edit it as needed! Anyone who edits it, can always re-share it via dropbox or whatever file sharing service they like.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105 ... parts.docx
Were there any 3d files for the lower angled display and the black circuit board thingie that sits next to the lower angled display that has all the wires hooked to it (with the SATA cables)? I though Spongeface had made the files available but they aren't on his Thingiverse anymore.
I am not sure what has happened to those files, but I did make a handle for everyone to use that I had forgotten to share here.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1579200

Seen here on the lid I made for Koco

This was made using in film reference, notes from crew, as well as detailed photos of the 2015 SDCC proton pack and the Olympia pack. Scaled from references based off of known objects on the pack taking into account perspective distortion, viewing angle, and other factors, Measurements were crossed checked among different sources to ensure accuracy as best I could.

I can not guarantee this is 100% of course with out first hand access to the real thing but it should be very close. And I hope it helps my fellow prop builders out there. A tiny bit of extra material has been added to the handles finger groves to compensate for material loss during sanding and cleanup.

Made to fit a handle hole that is 5 inches wide, 2 inches tall, and a half inch deep.

Designed to be used with a 4mm cap bolt, the head of the cap bolt should recess about half way into the side holes just like on the screen used packs, and will thread into the handle itself allowing the handle to be held in place and move freely without nuts on the other side.

here are a few before and after shots too give you a better Idea of the raw piece,

P.S. -Be careful while handling the handle, if you can't handle it call the professionals-
KoCo, vmax1974 liked this

I've spent the past week modelling a gun box for 3d printing. Jasons Feigbox is amazing but I wanted something that was a little more accurate. I've exported it as STL and there are no errors, I'm aware I need to add supports for 3D printing as well.

It is 95% complete and based on the SDCC pack pics and a lot of it is complete guess work and photoshop pixel counting and ultimately there will be details that are still completely wrong.

I am having a few problems finding the rocker switches and the green button on the top.

The green button looks like a bit of transparent green acrylic rather than an actual switch, do I just cut a small indent into the box for a bit of green acrylic?
By MightyAni
TheLegendOfMart wrote:Image

I've spent the past week modelling a gun box for 3d printing. Jasons Feigbox is amazing but I wanted something that was a little more accurate. I've exported it as STL and there are no errors, I'm aware I need to add supports for 3D printing as well.

It is 95% complete and based on the SDCC pack pics and a lot of it is complete guess work and photoshop pixel counting and ultimately there will be details that are still completely wrong.
Wow, amazing!

Are you going to throw it up on Thingiverse, or is the one here yours? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1440634
By MightyAni
Hi Gregg,

I've got some ABS coming in for printing some of the harder-to-fabricate parts of the Reboot pack, but Spongeface's listings on Thingiverse LOOK like PLA.

What are you going to use for your prints?
gregg.nowling liked this
By gregg.nowling
MightyAni wrote:Hi Gregg,

I've got some ABS coming in for printing some of the harder-to-fabricate parts of the Reboot pack, but Spongeface's listings on Thingiverse LOOK like PLA.

What are you going to use for your prints?
I use ABS simply because that is what our machines at school take. Thanks for sharing the link. I'll get them downloaded today and hopefully can try printing something tomorrow!

Gregg
By MightyAni
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

My silver SainSmart PLA came in (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JJ ... UTF8&psc=1), and I am currently using it to print the inner dome structure from Thingiverse (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1507267). I like this dome structure because it has a track in it that will fit my 60 NeoPixel ring.

Also, I have a MakerBot Replicator 2 printer, which seems to really do well with the SainSmart PLA. I would recommend putting some wide blue painters' tape down on the bed, however, as we've found that our prints seem to have a higher success rate with the tape on the bed.

I have not done the gun box in ABS yet, but I will being doing that on our MakerBot Replicator 2X.
Last edited by MightyAni on August 11th, 2016, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By MightyAni
Hey, I might have missed it, but I didn't see any talk on what magnets are used for attaching the Reboot blaster to the packs.

I ordered magnetic pin backs from Adafruit a few months ago for another project (https://www.adafruit.com/products/1170), and they're ok for small things, but I don't think they'd be able to handle the weight of a gun box and thrower.

I was thinking about giving some rare earth magnets a try, though (https://www.adafruit.com/products/9).

Thoughts?
I don't think it's worth it. The packs were on display at SDCC 2015 and the blasters were held on by fibre wire. Someone got to wear the pack and he said you couldn't really move without it falling off.
By MightyAni
Regarding the pressure gauge:

If you have a Tractor Supply near you, this might be a cheaper alternative to the Ashcroft gauge: http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produc ... ge-200-psi

It appears to be the correct diameter at 2", and while it does not have the rubber boot, it does have a passable black plastic shell. It does not say "Ashcroft" below the unit mark, but all the weathering to be done to it will mask that a bit, right?
By jenmcnitt
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I was also wondering if something like this would work for the pressure gauge by cutting off any needed parts:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AAT7OMW/re ... KHUDIXVLU8

Is the threading needed to attach the gauge correctly or is that part just hidden?
By JoeLuna33
TheLegendOfMart wrote:I don't think it's worth it. The packs were on display at SDCC 2015 and the blasters were held on by fibre wire. Someone got to wear the pack and he said you couldn't really move without it falling off.
The pack at SDCC 2015 didn't have the magnet installed. That's why the thrower was held on by the wire.
gregg.nowling wrote:I started printing the box before I left work. It's a long print, but I should have something to show off tomorrow.

Gregg
Did it print OK?

Still waiting for my friend to print scale version to see if it prints OK.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]