By JoeLuna33
Now that we know they are custom made I can easily arrange a run of mobo's with my local water jet cutter if there is enough people interested. I'd also be able to get the bent and rolled as well.
Austin, Kingpin liked this
By Austin
JoeLuna33 wrote:Now that we know they are custom made I can easily arrange a run of mobo's with my local water jet cutter if there is enough people interested. I'd also be able to get the bent and rolled as well.
Color me interested!
By AJ Quick
I also will plan on doing a run of motherboards, but potentially unbent to save on shipping costs.

The only thing that sucks about the motherboard is the sheer number of holes means that the cost of each one will be extremely high. For each hole that the waterjet needs to start and stop, the more it will cost. A regular Motherboard has just 2 holes and the outline shape. This is wayyyy more holes and material. Potentially double the cost.
By JoeLuna33
Ron Daniels wrote:I think you will find many people interested. But, for the sake of everyone else, start an interest topic so this thread doesn't get overloaded. :)
Done! I didn't mean to begin clogging the thread. I was just throwing it out there.
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=39810
Austin liked this
By AJ Quick
Austin wrote:I looked into the the gauge boot more a week or so ago and found that older analog Ashcroft gauges also used the same boot, so that's most likely what it is. Probably old surplus. If the face on all of the packs are as weathered as the SDCC pack, and you couldn't make out any identifying marks in person, then it probably doesn't mater what brand gauge you use.
I looked at the Ashcroft stuff in depth last night.

I found they make the same boot in several different sizes.

It would be beneficial if we could figure out the diameter and / or gauge used prior to locking down on that particular boot.

By AdamKingXV
avlisdivad wrote:
I've searched everywhere for those actual parts and had no luck. I'm creating a 3D model of the gun base now. Hoping to have some friends 3D Print it.
I'm curious how the 3d print idea has turned out. My thoughts on that box were a combo of 3d printed and laser cut parts.
By tommyb345
Ive made a classic 3D printed pack already, if you need some help with some printed parts keep me posted.

AdamKingXV wrote:
avlisdivad wrote:
I've searched everywhere for those actual parts and had no luck. I'm creating a 3D model of the gun base now. Hoping to have some friends 3D Print it.
I'm curious how the 3d print idea has turned out. My thoughts on that box were a combo of 3d printed and laser cut parts.
By Technomage
Looking at the accelerator coils inside the cage, how about 3/16 corrugated wire sheathing, like split loom but not split, or galvanized drain snake. Both cheap, close to size, and could be painted copper. Not that I am not willing to spend a weekend wrapping tubing.
By Spongeface
Austin wrote:Here are the LED readouts:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 5-LB-303MA

And going back to the plug receptacles, all of the round ones I can find have flat spots on either side of it. From all of the reference currently available, the ones on the butt of the thrower handle do not have said flat spots. So are we looking for receptacles from a different manufacturer? Was it something custom? Did they put square ones in a lathe and turn them down to be round?
In the photos I played with, the led digits appear to be slightly larger than the ones on this part. About 9.5mm tall instead of 8mm (edge to edge of the segments).

I will probably make a set for myself that works independently but also supports an I2C serial interface so an external controller (like an arduino) can easily customize the output later.

Since only the display digits are showing, where should a discussion of pcb form factor and mounting holes be discussed since those are not visible?
By JoeLuna33
I was told we can expect to see at least 3 versions. Notice that the frame is the same on this pack as the one at SDCC.
By JoeLuna33
Lowberg wrote:Yea should increase your mobo sales!!!
:love:
By Ron Daniels
I can't figure out if these are prototype packs or finalized versions (film-wise), also note the lack of logos on those uniforms, which supports the notion they are suited up like they are early i the film. Maybe?
By JoeLuna33
The girls don't have name tapes or no ghost patches. That leads me to believe that these are early uniforms and packs.
By UFO
Someone said they showed up in an ecto and it didn't have a lightbar or as much stuff on the roof.... so...I'm betting progression. And we are so screwed with replication if there's more to come.
By Austin
I'm betting prototype. It looks like exposed components of what we see on what I now assume is the final design:

ImageImage

Obviously there are some parts that are different all together from the final version, but it appears more or less the same.

I had suspected the structure under the Faraday Cage was a vacuuformed piece. This makes me lean even more toward that.

I'm pretty stoked. I love the idea of getting to make several different packs.
By Kingpin
I went through the photos of the Hospital visit that I could find high-res copies (I'm sure more will crop up over the next few days) and collated the various glimpses of the Prototype Thrower and Pack (I've also grabbed the shots of the PKE, but those will go in another topic).

The Thrower

The Pack
fifth_beatle liked this
By jason407
I definitely prefer the previously revealed ones better than these. I wonder which one is the "main" one in the movie.

Anyone found anything close to those straps yet?
Kingpin wrote:I went through the photos of the Hospital visit and collated the various glimpses of the Prototype Thrower and Pack
Fantastic collage! As always, you are an asset to this fandom, Kingpin. Thanks!
Kingpin liked this
By Hijacker
AJ Quick wrote:I also will plan on doing a run of motherboards, but potentially unbent to save on shipping costs.

The only thing that sucks about the motherboard is the sheer number of holes means that the cost of each one will be extremely high. For each hole that the waterjet needs to start and stop, the more it will cost. A regular Motherboard has just 2 holes and the outline shape. This is wayyyy more holes and material. Potentially double the cost.

Look into a shop than can punch press instead. since the holes are uniform as are the ovals, it should require very little operator work while the press is going. Less operator setup means lower cost. Maybe Joe can pipe in on the mobo thickness, but it looks fairly thin (16 gage maybe?) compared to the 1/8" classic mobos. I think waterjetting might be overkill for what it is.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]