By Raphi
TheLegendOfMart wrote:Image

I've spent the past week modelling a gun box for 3d printing. Jasons Feigbox is amazing but I wanted something that was a little more accurate. I've exported it as STL and there are no errors, I'm aware I need to add supports for 3D printing as well.

It is 95% complete and based on the SDCC pack pics and a lot of it is complete guess work and photoshop pixel counting and ultimately there will be details that are still completely wrong.

I am having a few problems finding the rocker switches and the green button on the top.

The green button looks like a bit of transparent green acrylic rather than an actual switch, do I just cut a small indent into the box for a bit of green acrylic?
Can you give an other link for the 3D files ? Because they are no more avaliable. Thank you !
By Raphi
Abby Shan-anigans wrote:Is anyone currently printing, or does anyone have a file on Thingiverse for the gun box??
The links upthread aren't working, and it's the one part I don't feel I can do from scratch!!
+1 !
By Raphi
TheLegendOfMart wrote:https://www.thingiverse.com/TheLegendOfMart/designs

I posted everything back on Thingiverse. Its worth noting that the PPD wont fit on a Joe Luna motherboard as the hole mounting is meant for a custom one I had made up. If you are using acrylic or wood it should work fine.
Thank you very much !!
If you want to see my Facebook page, I'm a props maker and I build a proton pack : https://www.facebook.com/raphicorp/

Thank you again !
TheLegendOfMart liked this
By CptFuriosa
Good morning everyone,
this forum is great! I would like to ask you for help in creating the protonpack reboot. I have read all the posts from 2015, but unfortunately they are dated and the links have expired.
I'm in Italy, so it's hard for me to find the materials I found on those few links that still work. I don't have a 3d printer, so I'll have to find the materials already made and create the custom ones with the foam.
Is there anyone who made this backpack in Europe?
I would need a shopping list on amazon europe or other sites that are not American because the shipping costs would be too high.
In particular, I'm having a hard time finding the motherboard for the back and some orange braces.
Thanks everyone for your attention :)
Your advice will be a gift to me
By Kingpin
CptFuriosa wrote: October 11th, 2020, 5:01 amIs there anyone who made this backpack in Europe?
I'm not aware of anyone who produces 2016 Proton Packs on commission, due in a large part to the film's smaller community of fans.
CptFuriosa wrote: October 11th, 2020, 5:01 amI would need a shopping list on amazon europe or other sites that are not American because the shipping costs would be too high.
There's no definitive shopping list, but here's a bit of a guide:

The ball valve on Page 4 of the store, the project boxes and the copper pipe pieces (though I recall a member saying these pieces were not the correct size) on Page 5, and control knobs on Page 6 are items that store stocks for the 2016 Proton Pack.

Some items you may be able to find equivalents in the EU, but they may not be exact.

The motherboard was a custom-fabricated piece, which you're only likely to find in America, unless you're able to get a CAD file and have it made by an aluminium shop. The straps also appear to be custom, though some people have located backpack straps which might do the trick (though they stand a good chance of not being nearly as strong enough for the 2016 Proton Pack prop).
darthbuster liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]