I've decided to go with ALL 0.125" (1/8th") high impact polystyrene for strength and consistency sake. This will be worn. The thrower will be made of the same as well.
When picking up the styrene I mentioned that I was making a proton pack out of it. The lady behind the desk lit up and asked if I've heard of Windy CIty Ghostbusters as a member shops there all the time. I said, "well I must be in the right place then!" I posted that on Windy CIty's Facebook page and it turns out it was non other than Alan Hawkins of this forum. He contacted me and we've been chatting and he's been great at answering questions and offering tips! I have a pack mentor :) Really though, thanks Alan!!!
Anyway, enough blabbing. On to the build.
I'm going for a GB1 hero idealized pack using Stefan's Plans. Not screen accuracy. I don't like crooked fins etc. I'm amazed at all of you who have the eye and patience for such things though!
I decided to start with the power cell, so that's what I did, yestreday. It'll be on the next post as I want to keep each day on it's own separate post. So we'll consider this one the intro post, or header, or cover sheet, or.... let's get on with it ;)
"Let's just not get bogged down in print tolerances, as spending six years cutting a perfect pack is all blown away once the thickness of the PAINT is introduced! hahaha" - johnnyace_pi
0.125" Styrene Proton Pack Scatch Build Thread
Rothco to Nomex Uniform Upgrade Thread