Another small update; one thing that has arrived is some genuine, vintage yellow Nycoil tubing!

Last edited by barison82 on June 30th, 2017, 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
barison82 wrote:Lolzzz exactly!

I know [emoji853][emoji50] Fingers crossed. The stuff went out at the beginning of May so should be here by now I think! I've also had some luck with the aluminium labels, those won't be an issue as they go on last anyway [emoji6][emoji106]
Result!!! Glad you got the labels sorted man. Did you ship priority?
Thanks a lot!! No, what has actually happened is that Kingpin has offered to act as a third party address for me (as he is not far from London) so Joe has put them in with an order for a motherboard that he already has coming from him. He truly saved the day by stepping in like that and offering to help [emoji4][emoji106]
barison82 wrote:Thanks a lot!! No, what has actually happened is that Kingpin has offered to act as a third party address for me (as he is not far from London) so Joe has put them in with an order for a motherboard that he already has coming from him. He truly saved the day by stepping in like that and offering to help [emoji4][emoji106]
Result. I was going to offer myself but saw Kingpin had stepped in.

Did you ship the alu parts priority mail?
That is such a kind gesture mate - thanks for the support anyhow!

Yes I believe so. I ordered them way back in March, then by early May, I had heard nothing so I sent a polite email to RJ regarding their status...he had had some setbacks but assured me that they were going out by the end of that week (11 May), but I never got a tracking number/dispatch info etc.

I emailed him the other day asking for this but so far, nothing yet!

I'm gonna have to let Ben know the situation and take it from there...
Another update - Spongeface's awesome light kit turned up this morning! Yay! [emoji122][emoji322] This just looks amazing. So glad I went this route [emoji4][emoji106] Just the final metal parts to go...[emoji50]

Last edited by barison82 on June 30th, 2017, 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
You're welcome mate. Hopefully RJ will come back to you soon.

Ahhhhhh look at all that electrical goodness!! So glad you managed to get sorted mate. You will not be disappointed
Venkman's Swagger wrote:You're welcome mate. Hopefully RJ will come back to you soon.

Ahhhhhh look at all that electrical goodness!! So glad you managed to get sorted mate. You will not be disappointed
Cheers mate! Yeah I'm sure it's all ok, just would be good to have an idea where the stuff is at this stage lol!

Thanks a lot. This kit looks the business, the quality is amazing! [emoji122][emoji106]
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:You're welcome mate. Hopefully RJ will come back to you soon.

Cheers mate! Yeah I'm sure it's all ok, just would be good to have an idea where the stuff is at this stage lol!

Thanks a lot. This kit looks the business, the quality is amazing! [emoji122][emoji106]
I know what you mean man lol.

Doug is THE man!!
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Doug is THE man!!
I definitely second that. I can't wait to see it installed and operational!
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Doug is THE man!!
I definitely second that. I can't wait to see it installed and operational!
Me too matey. So looking forward to this! Any news on the parts front?
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Me too matey. So looking forward to this! Any news on the parts front?
Awesome, can't wait to show you! Ok the latest news is that I've received an aluminium Gun-Track & V-Hook from CPU64; I decided to replace the one I already have with this after seeing GohstTarp's build thread, and I prefer CPU's setup for the V-Hook pack attachment, and the Gun-Track is slimmer also, saving some weight!

Ironically the Gun-Track was ordered last minute and was sent out just a week or so ago! I am still waiting on RJ's parts - I did email him last week but no reply as yet, so will PM on here today - these are the very final parts now and are holding up the build :(
Another update: At last, I'm finally getting at least one of the two large packages of pack parts on their way to Benofkent Props tomorrow, thanks to the arrival of the replacement aluminium Gun-Track & V-Hook from CPU64. I have also made the first downpayment to Benofkent for this pack build as well; I wanted to give Ben some solid reassurance that this build is definitely still happening despite the hold up for the final parts; hopefully they can make a start on the pack anyway in the meantime. Any build progress photos will be relayed to this thread as it goes along [emoji6][emoji106]

I've had both boxes for nearly a year as I've been slowly procuring all the necessary genuine parts, so feels exciting that they are finally on their way; feels a bit odd as well in a way, because I've got very used to having them around for all this time, they've almost become part of the furniture lol! [emoji23]

Last edited by barison82 on June 30th, 2017, 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Another update - just had an email from RJ and unfortunately the final parts have still not shipped out yet (they were ordered in early March, and were supposed to ship out around 12th May), sadly he has been having some domestic problems that have thrown him off his game the past few months. He also ran out of metal for the Booster Tube but he now has this in hand and will ship the parts out this week...problem is, it still leaves me in a bit of a mess with Benofkent Props as the build really needs to start, and they have things on hold, so I will have to see what they say about this latest setback! Needless to say, I am pretty disappointed!
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Ah man!!! I feel your pain.
Thanks for your sympathy dude. Luckily, Ben is totally cool with it all and there is nothing to worry about at their end - they are continuing other builds and will start on mine as soon as I've got the rest of the parts :-D
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Ah man!!! I feel your pain.
Thanks for your sympathy dude. Luckily, Ben is totally cool with it all and there is nothing to worry about at their end - they are continuing other builds and will start on mine as soon as I've got the rest of the parts :-D
No worries man.

That's awesome news. Its great when sellers have a degree of flexibility isn't it?!? So glad they've been accomodating mate
Venkman's Swagger wrote:No worries man.

That's awesome news. Its great when sellers have a degree of flexibility isn't it?!? So glad they've been accomodating mate
It sure is! These guys have been amazing, so understanding, patient and accommodating, couldn't ask for more [emoji4][emoji106]
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:No worries man.

It sure is! These guys have been amazing, so understanding, patient and accommodating, couldn't ask for more [emoji4][emoji106]
Winner mate!!! So chuffed for you man
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Winner mate!!! So chuffed for you man
Cheers dude!! The other parts should be on their way this week...fingers crossed.

Hope all is well your end btw!

:cool:
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Winner mate!!! So chuffed for you man
Cheers dude!! The other parts should be on their way this week...fingers crossed.

Hope all is well your end btw!

:cool:
Fantastic news dude. Hope it works out that way.

All good thanks. So busy with work at the mo that I don't have any time to work on my pack :-(
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Fantastic news dude. Hope it works out that way.

All good thanks. So busy with work at the mo that I don't have any time to work on my pack :-(
Thanks a lot man...how frustrating! I was gonna ask about your build project/s. Do you have all the bits you need?
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Fantastic news dude. Hope it works out that way.

Thanks a lot man...how frustrating! I was gonna ask about your build project/s. Do you have all the bits you need?
No worries brother!!! I have enough to be getting on with. I need to buy an alu thrower and all thrower parts before i can get it complete man
Venkman's Swagger wrote:No worries brother!!! I have enough to be getting on with. I need to buy an alu thrower and all thrower parts before i can get it complete man
That's good :) Oh yeah, I think I remember you mentioned that sometime earlier...good luck with that. Are you doing a build thread?
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:No worries brother!!! I have enough to be getting on with. I need to buy an alu thrower and all thrower parts before i can get it complete man
That's good :) Oh yeah, I think I remember you mentioned that sometime earlier...good luck with that. Are you doing a build thread?
I'll just be sticking in it my Hero build thread that's already up bud.
Venkman's Swagger wrote:I'll just be sticking in it my Hero build thread that's already up bud.
Lol of course you've already got one going, and I'm already suscribed to it as well :blush: I'm following so much stuff I'm losing track of what's going on...hopefully i'm not losing the plot as well lolzzz
FINALLY...I have received the last aluminium parts for the pack!

They look amazing, the only issue is with the L-Bracket for the Injector Tubes, one of the two holes drilled into the base of it is too near the fold, and thus the head of the cap screw does not sit flush with the surface [emoji51] Hopefully Ben can sort this out (a replacement is the only option I think) but it's too late to go through RJ again. I've decided to take the route of using 10-32 UNC screws rather than rivets, although I guess that could change...

Anyway they have shipped out in a second package that also contained the Thrower, Ion Arm, N-Filter and HGA so this build will be starting very soon - they've had to build another client's pack in the meantime due to the delay with my parts, but it should start in the next 2 weeks [emoji4][emoji4][emoji106]

Vacuum Line

Booster Tube (with adjustable plug)

Beam Line & Filler Tube

The Filler Tube has rounded corners on the base...I quite liked this 'quirky' option

Injector Tubes (I switched the screws it came with for 10-32 cap screws & added 1/4 washers)

Seen with the troublesome L-Bracket. The lower hole on it's base is way too near to the corner to be of any use!

Seen with 10-32 UNC screws & 1/4 washers fitted

Another shot of the Vacuum Line; just love the finish of the machined aluminium on the surface [emoji4][emoji106]

All packed and ready to go!

[emoji4][emoji4][emoji106]
Last edited by barison82 on June 30th, 2017, 4:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]