By TheKevinShow
I bought KCGhostbuster's resin gun kit (and will be buying my second one next month) and I want to make sure I'm proceeding correctly with this.

First things first: what size should the handle be? I've already found a 1" OD 7/8" ID acrylic tubing on EBay that I'll be using for my barrel, since it'll fit the frosted acrylic tubes.

Second, I'm kind of confused about the hat lights. Do I need those in addition to my light kits? If so, how many and in which colors?
By Kingpin
I can't help you in regards to the dimensions of the barrel tubes, but "hat lights" refer to the plastic covers for three of the lights on the Proton Gun - one on the rectangular ear on the front barrel (orange in colour), one on the front of the Gun Box, near the larger knurled silver knob (white or clear in colour, depending on what's available to you) and one recessed one on the top of the Gun Box, just forward of the bargraph (clear/white on most of the original props, but orange on the "SuperHero" Proton Gun prop).

The hat lights (either resin copies, or genuine ones) are usually sold by a variety of sellers, including the GBFans store (though stock levels will need to be checked). The genuine covers available these days are a little different to what were used back in 1984 and 1989 - I'm not entirely certain about the orange ones, but the "white" covers were semi-transparent (often described as "milky white"), rather than solid - however the semi-transparent covers are very difficult to find these days, so the solid ones are an acceptable alternative.
By propcicle
The hat lights from GBfans have a lot of room in them for stuffing your bulb in there. I used a bit of hot glue to secure the light in place. Some of the resin copies of the hats will need to be drilled out to fit your specific bulb or LED and might not require glue.
By Kingpin
Some people have gotten just the covers, some people have gotten the covers and the sockets. The sockets are handy if you're using bulbs that can be screwed into them, but they aren't really necessary if you're using LEDs; they just offer a slightly easier option for holding the covers in place.

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]