Well its that time of year again, It's pack time!!! Around this time last year I had just completed my Stantz Semi Hero build and I honestly thought that would be it......... Lifelong ambition/dream achieved......... Oh how wrong could I be. I managed to grab some of EJGunth's awesome alu parts and ribbon cable mid 2015 and that was it........... Until Now!!

Being the lucky SOB I am, I lucked out when I met Wifey who decided to feed my craving of pack parts for Christmas and my 31st birthday. Man I'm lucky. Anyway enough of the mushy sh..... Show of emotion and lets get down to the good bit................ PARTS!!!

Nickatrons amazing Hero Shell premounted to his motherboard. I cannot thank Nick enough for all his work that made this possible. To cut a long story short Nick and Wifey concocted a highly secret plan to get this to me for my birthday!!

EJGunths insane alu parts plus ribbon cable

PPD (Krix) thanks to Barrison82

Sweet ass bellows from GBFans

Pack tubing, Crank Knob, Bumper, Pack spacers, gun grips and Booster Frame from Nickatron

Genuine vintage Legris Straights from Nickatron

Luna labels (apologies to the seller as its seller has slipped my mind)

Commissioned warm white pack lights courtesy of Spongeface

Dale resistors.

And finally 2 vintage hat light sockets courtesy of Nickatron.

Want to thank everyone I have bought parts from and everyone who I have had the pleasure of chatting to about all things GB.

Big Thanks go to Nickatron and Rays_Occult for putting up with my million questions and always being there to bounce ideas off. Thanks guys.

As the title states this will be a slower build than my Stantz build. The plan is to complete the pack and then move onto an alu thrower. I plan on having this be an idealised pack with a few of the neat add-ons available in the community.

I have a few parts hopefully on their way which I will post when they arrive.

Until then.......... Peace and love GBFans
Last edited by Venkman's Swagger on January 19th, 2016, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morfeusoneiros, Logan XI, otter and 4 others liked this
Listen. Do you smell that? It smells like EPIC PACK BUILD time.
By Riggs45
Man! Christmas at your house sounds awesome! Lucky! Looking forward to this. One of these days I'd love to do one of those Nickatron shells. This is gonna be great!
Venkman's Swagger liked this
Riggs45 wrote:Man! Christmas at your house sounds awesome! Lucky! Looking forward to this. One of these days I'd love to do one of those Nickatron shells. This is gonna be great!
It really is Riggs, I'm extremely lucky. Thank you. I cannot recommend Nick's shells enough. I have both his Semi-Hero and Hero Shell and they rock
Well I may have to rethink this thread title to "slower and steadier than ever before" after being told I was being made redundant at work [emoji22] which means parts will be few and far between for the foreseeable future. Anyway onwards and upwards.............

Updates!!!

First off I started with the crank knob. Drilled a 6mm hole in the back of Nickatron's Resin crank knob and levelled out the inside of the shell to ensure I got enough thread to tighten down the pot resulting in this..........

Then added the knob (oooooooh er Mrs)

The knob is only slightly pressed into place to ensure I can remove it when it comes to painting the shell.

Next I moved on to the VAC tube which I picked up from EjGunth. Found centre, punched centre, drilled hole and voilà............

Lastly I drilled out the holes and added washers and bolts to my Nickatron Resin Booster Frame. Still amazed by the level of detail Nick captured on this.

Over the next week I'm going to look at getting the beam line and filler tube added. When I do, I'll update the thread. Thanks for looking [emoji4]
Logan XI liked this
My new CPU64 Ion Arm came in yesterday and I must say, this thing is a beauty. Really good service from Chris also. I can't wait to get this thing mounted to my pack.

Here are a few shots of it..........

Logan XI wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote: Thanks Logan. Good to see you around
Cheers buddy, good to see your still enthusiasm for builds is as strong as ever, looking forward to your progress! :cool:
Thanks man. Hopefully have some more progress this week
otter wrote:Looking great so far dude, cant wait to see how this progresses! those aluminum parts are a thing of beauty!
Thank you very much kind sir. Eric certainly knows how to make awesome alu parts and I'll hopefully do them justice
Excited to see some new builds go through, it's been a while compared to the huge influx we had back in 2014, and this one looks to be awesome and quite ambitious, I love it!
Venkman's Swagger liked this
pyhasanon wrote:Excited to see some new builds go through, it's been a while compared to the huge influx we had back in 2014, and this one looks to be awesome and quite ambitious, I love it!
Hey Phil, thanks for the positive comments. It has been quiet lately on the build front. Hopefully 2016 will see another good year of builds of all types
Cyberkorr wrote:Wow man, this looks like an awesome start to your build! Can't wait to see more!

BTW, can you have your wife talk to mine? I'd love to get a shell for our anniversary!!! ha!!
Thanks for the kind words Cyberkorr. I'll hopefully have some updates soon [emoji2]

Haha I'll see what I can do for you [emoji1]
Venkman's Swagger wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:Excited to see some new builds go through, it's been a while compared to the huge influx we had back in 2014, and this one looks to be awesome and quite ambitious, I love it!
Hey Phil, thanks for the positive comments. It has been quiet lately on the build front. Hopefully 2016 will see another good year of builds of all types
I've also started on a pack.
I was about to start a tread with some photos, as I had almost all the parts (either in hand or ordered) but then the check engine light came on in my car. Now I'll need to use my cash and time on that, but I hope to get back to the pack soon.
Great with all the builds going on, there quite inspirational [emoji317] [emoji4]
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Get that build thread up!! [emoji1]

I hope the car doesn't take up too much of your cash and you can get to building soon. Good luck with your build man
Thanks. I'll know more about the car next week. Hopefully I can start my build soon after. My plan is to have all parts etc before I start, so we'll see when that is.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]