Well, ahead of schedule I decided to do my NFilter. Need to give a huge thanks to my brotha GrimmyGB for highlighting his method in his build thread. It worked a treat, thanks man. I used the cutting wheel and sanding drum to create the hole and then fixed it to the shell with Milliput. It's on really strong. I went with this method as I really want to add Jimfin's E-cig vent later in the build.

Got a few little bits to do (PPD and Elbows) before the build will slow down until I can get the funds together for a GB1 Ion Arm cap, Hex Elbow and Clippard Valve.

Thanks for looking
Did my last little bit for a while. Added the PPD. I had already drilled out the holes so it was just a case of applying masking tape to the rear/side of the PPD, finding a placement I was happy with and then marking through the holes drilled in the shell as a guide for drilling. Attached with 2 x M5 10mm cap heads. Holds on great.

And a side by side shot next to my Stantz/Sony Lobby Semi Hero

Until next time.....
Not so much an update but thought I'd post it anyway [emoji13]

New LC2 Military Issue frame. It isn't accurate to the first film but I value my back and shoulders [emoji1]

I may opt to switch the shoulder straps out for some LC1's if I can hunt them down and afford to super pad them from Nick.

Pics.....

This will at least allow me to prance about abit whilst I'm waiting for other parts lol
Got some work done today, sun was shining and I was in the mood for pack building.

Laid my hands on some Legris Elbow Gen 1 casts with brass inserts. These things look so legit it's insane......

Added them to the pack and I'm very happy with how they look. I also got my mobo mounted to my ALICE Frame which meant I could strap this thing on for the first time. That feeling never gets old.........

And then finally 2 shots of the pack freestanding with the Alice Frame attached........

I ordered an Ion Arm Cap and Clippard Hex Elbow from the store here which were shipped last week. Really looking forward to receiving them and getting the majority of the outside done.

Thanks for looking
rayp_Stantz, Logan XI liked this
GohstTarp wrote:The Legris Elbow casts are looking great! Looking forward to seeing how your ribbon cable twist turns out.
Thanks GT. I'm apprehensive about the twist so I keep putting it off lol. Think I'll do it just before paint.
Your pack is coming together nicely. It's a beauty.
Venkman's Swagger liked this
Back at it!!!

I received a package from the GBFans store that would help me progress that little bit further. The package contained the amazing GB1 Ion Arm Cap and a Clippard Hex Elbow. I already had 1 sent to me by my good friend Dave.

Ion Arm Cap added......... (Man I love this piece)

Also added some 3/4 dowel using an M6 20mm bolt..........

Grabbing the other Clippard Hex Elbow meant I could start adding some tubing. Pictures..........

I have 3 more packages currently chilling at UK customs so hopefully won't be too long until I can make more progress. Really enjoying this build and can't wait to keep adding bits to it
Looks like the beginning of an awesome build...nice to see you got your aluminium labels, I ordered a set last year and they never showed up. Dead jealous lol! Although I do have the vinyl-aluminium finish labels from the GBFans shop which look identical, except for the thickness.
Venkman's Swagger liked this
barison82 wrote:Looks like the beginning of an awesome build...nice to see you got your aluminium labels, I ordered a set last year and they never showed up. Dead jealous lol! Although I do have the vinyl-aluminium finish labels from the GBFans shop which look identical, except for the thickness.
Thanks Alex, very kind of you to say so. I'm having a blast with it. I'm stoked I managed to grab some Luna labels and am sorry yours didn't turn up. I got mine through another seller. The GBFans/Vin labels are awesome quality. How's your part collecting going?
You're very welcome. Looks fantastic! I have been trying to find another seller who could provide the aluminium labels as well, without success...can you give me their details? Might be worth seeing if they have any more sets...Yeah the vinyl ones are superb actually; it was just the thought of having actual metal plates, adding another authentic 'heavy duty equipment' touch to the build!

Part collecting is nearly done (just updated my thread) and the build will start in June - had to delay it by 1 month due to some parts arriving later than expected, and to give me a bit more room to save some extra cash towards it!
barison82 wrote:You're very welcome. Looks fantastic! I have been trying to find another seller who could provide the aluminium labels as well, without success...can you give me their details? Might be worth seeing if they have any more sets...Yeah the vinyl ones are superb actually; it was just the thought of having actual metal plates, adding another authentic 'heavy duty equipment' touch to the build!

Part collecting is nearly done (just updated my thread) and the build will start in June - had to delay it by 1 month due to some parts arriving later than expected, and to give me a bit more room to save some extra cash towards it!
Thanks!! Still weird hearing people say they like my work.

I'll have a dig around to see if I can find the details and drop you a PM. It's a while ago and the PM's to and from have long been deleted.

Looking forward to seeing your build complete. You have a ton of awesome parts and I know they'll look immense when all complete
Lol I know what you mean - great to have that positive feedback though! I understand - no worries and thanks for your help either way :)

Thanks for you feedback - I can't wait for the build to start and I look forward to sharing it's progess with you...the project started in July 2015 so it has been a very long wait getting to this stage! I did my best with trying to get hold of as many authentic parts as possible; most of the actual vintage parts are near impossible to find but for me, the real contemporary parts are just as good to use (e.g SMC elbows vs. Legris elbows)
barison82 wrote:Lol I know what you mean - great to have that positive feedback though! I understand - no worries and thanks for your help either way :)

Thanks for you feedback - I can't wait for the build to start and I look forward to sharing it's progess with you...the project started in July 2015 so it has been a very long wait getting to this stage! I did my best with trying to get hold of as many authentic parts as possible; most of the actual vintage parts are near impossible to find but for me, the real contemporary parts are just as good to use (e.g SMC elbows vs. Legris elbows)
You're welcome man. I'll drop you a PM later on this evening.

I fully understand the long part collecting process. I started collecting for this build in around May 2015.

I agree with you there buddy. I have a few parts that are vintage but are relatively cheap in cost (Legris straights for example) but I love the replicas and modern alternatives just as much
Awesome - thanks a lot! Wow ok - you've been at it for a similar length of time as well then.

Yeah I guess it all boils down to what exactly you are trying to achieve in terms of accuracy; I decided on a compromise based on my circumstances. A completely screen accurate, character-specific pack would be just too difficult for me to achieve - I am unable to do the actual build myself too. So I thought, get the best quality parts possible, that all match the GB1 spec - and you'll have a contempory build based on the original design - which I'll be very happy with. This is what makes each pack unique in a way - the journey each person has taken with getting it built and the mixture of the parts used, and the creativity involved in putting it together...
barison82 wrote:Awesome - thanks a lot! Wow ok - you've been at it for a similar length of time as well then.

Yeah I guess it all boils down to what exactly you are trying to achieve in terms of accuracy; I decided on a compromise based on my circumstances. A completely screen accurate, character-specific pack would be just too difficult for me to achieve - I am unable to do the actual build myself too. So I thought, get the best quality parts possible, that all match the GB1 spec - and you'll have a contempory build based on the original design - which I'll be very happy with. This is what makes each pack unique in a way - the journey each person has taken with getting it built and the mixture of the parts used, and the creativity involved in putting it together...
Completely agree with every word Alex. This has been my favourite build of the 2 I have done. I did a Stantz Semi Hero in late 2014 early 2015 and while I enjoyed it, the capturing of all the details that make it "Stantz" gave me sleepless nights. This is my build, my way, whilst still being true to GB1.
Logan XI wrote:Loving your work so far VS, is there much difference in weight between your resin and aluminum builds? I've always wondered if there was a noticeable difference.

Can't wait to see the finished pack!
Thanks Logan, Appreciate the compliments. It's hard to tell at the moment but feel the Hero will come out slightly heavier (additional speaker, ALU Thrower and a few additional extras ;-) )
I will definitely do a comparison when I have completed this.
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Completely agree with every word Alex. This has been my favourite build of the 2 I have done. I did a Stantz Semi Hero in late 2014 early 2015 and while I enjoyed it, the capturing of all the details that make it "Stantz" gave me sleepless nights. This is my build, my way, whilst still being true to GB1.
Exactly - your build, your way, but true to the spirit of GB1...I am familiar with those sleepless nights lol. Turning over details in your head; have I got this right...I need to check this...I didn't know about that...uncovering details along the way that you missed earlier...something will always crop up, especially when you start comparing your build to others that you see here! This is my first attempt - and all that analysis is par for the course...but now I feel that I've passed that stage and have taken it into my own :)
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Completely agree with every word Alex. This has been my favourite build of the 2 I have done. I did a Stantz Semi Hero in late 2014 early 2015 and while I enjoyed it, the capturing of all the details that make it "Stantz" gave me sleepless nights. This is my build, my way, whilst still being true to GB1.
Exactly - your build, your way, but true to the spirit of GB1...I am familiar with those sleepless nights lol. Turning over details in your head; have I got this right...I need to check this...I didn't know about that...uncovering details along the way that you missed earlier...something will always crop up, especially when you start comparing your build to others that you see here! This is my first attempt - and all that analysis is par for the course...but now I feel that I've passed that stage and have taken it into my own :)
I hear ya man!! All that can drive a guy loopy lol. I'd thankful that all the info gathered has been a huge help and has allowed me to fully enjoy this build.

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]