Did a few little bits today. Starting with the beam line and filler tubes, again sold by EJGunth. As I did with the same parts for my SH I made a template for each. Fiddled with placent until I was happy, punched centre and drilled slow and in reverse with a step bit and it came out lovely.

As you can see from the pictures I have started marking out the Booster tube but I shall leave that until close to the end. Nervous about that part!! I have also marked the Cyclotron centre, Cyclotron elbow and NFilter placement.

Lastly I put together the start of my bumper using Nickatrons scratch built bumper and GBFans Bellows. I just love both these parts and they go together so well.

I have put a nylon spacer on the rear of the bumper as I'm waiting for an alu 1 to come in the Post. It also helped me gauge what length bolt to use.

Thanks for looking [emoji4]
Got EJGunths amazing Spengler V Hook added today. Placement was an issue and it was a case of accuracy or strength. I went for strength and as such the VHook isn't accurately placed. Anyway it's on lol. I really didn't want to take any chances as I aim to have an alu gun hanging from this badboy. I also dinged the top rib [emoji22]

Pics........

Venkman's Swagger wrote:Placement was an issue and it was a case of accuracy or strength. I went for strength
You made the right decision there :cool:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:I also dinged the top rib [emoji22]
Some black Milliput and sanding will have that rib back to new :)

BTW, everything is looking great and I'm very sorry to hear about your job situation. I'm sure you will find something new soon!
Venkman's Swagger liked this
Thanks GT, I really appreciate the comments about my pack and work. Hopefully something will happen soon on the job front.

I will definitely look at some black milliput. I have some standard but think black would work better.
Question time!!

I'm thinking of tackling the NFilter this weekend and would like some feedback on the placement of my markings for it please?

Does the marked out area look right for NFilter placement? I need to cut a hole in the shell as I'm looking to add the E-cig vent later in the build.

Any feedback would be hugely appreciated. Thank you.
Update time!

Nickatron said the NFilter placement was perfect which was good enough for me [emoji1] so I set about dremeling out the NFilter hole. All was going well until my Dremel 3000 decided to just stop working mid job which really pee'd me off. It never rains but it pours hey!! Will have to wait until I have funds to get a replacement.

Having calmed down I marked up my Booster tube and drilled out 3 mounting holes using M6 30mm length bolts. Worked out really well and the tube is on solid.

Until next time.....
nick-a-tron wrote:Fantastic build!! SO glad i could be of help to bring it to fruition :)
Thank you Nick!! We are lucky to have you in this community. Thanks for the awesome parts and pointers. Really appreciate your help and feedback
GohstTarp wrote:Great job with the Booster Tube, VS! It was the most awkward part of my park build, so I'm glad to see you nailed it :cool:
Too kind, thanks GT. I must admit I was going to leave this closer to the end as I wasn't too confident about getting it done.
Riggs45 wrote:Ugggg, I am so jealous of this pack. That Nickatron shell is the stuff dreams are made of.
Thanks Riggs. Nick's shells are top notch. So lucky to have him this side of the pond and regarding his parts, if you can, you must!!
Updates.........

Got a few little bits done today. Added the Booster Frame, Ribbon cable clamp and hold down with my ribbon cable laid out. I don't want to tackle the twist until I'm ready to final fit everything. Also got my awesome vintage Legris Straights added. Bought those from Nickatron's parts box sale.

Pictures........

Straights slightly misaligned but I like them like that. Feels all screen used

Booster frame added. Ribbon cable flopped through

Full pack view. Forgot to mention that I also got the bumper centre mounted. I just need to level out, straighten and drill out side mounting points in the shell.

Until next time, peace and love!
Logan XI liked this
GohstTarp wrote:Bumper looks perfect man and I dig the temporary flopped cable. You are really hustling through this build. Keep up the great pace and you will be done in no time.
Thanks GT. I'm trying to take it steady but I just love building these things.
Lowberg wrote:Lookin awesome man. If you want an easy ribbon cable twist, twist it around the thrower split loom and use a hair dryer to help mold it in that coiled shape, then pull out the split loom and should be easier to get your preferred twistynessssssss
Thanks Lowberg, appreciate the kind comments. Awesome idea and cheers for the heads up. I will definitely look at replicating this when it comes to final fit. If I can get anywhere near your twist I'll be very happy!
Grimmy GB wrote:My brotha!
I come back to the forums and you're doing this? Ownage... Can't wait to see more!
Hey brotha!

Your presence has been sorely missed man. Welcome back. Thanks for the vote of confidence bro
Grimmy GB liked this
Got some work done today. On the whole it's been a decent day. I found out my Dremel was under warranty and I received my new Dremel 3000 so I should be able to get my NFilter done this weekend, all being well.

Anyway on to today's updates.........

I photocopied the mounting points of my injectors and ion arm, masked them on to the shell and used the holes as a guide. Worked out really well and everything mounted really strong and sturdy. Also drilled out the ribbon cable hole. The ribbon cable is just temporarily fed through. I will be using Lowberg's method when it comes to final fit.

The injectors are EJGunth's and the Ion Arm is CPU64's.

Side View

Top View

Front View

Really happy with how it is taking shape.

Thanks for looking [emoji4]
This pack is what I hope to build in the future, when I have the money to afford a full on Hero build!
Great looking and your slow build is moving along faster than my "unslow" build. I'm using way to much time deciding where to put everything, watching pictures and such.
You've motivated me to try to get all parts I have attached tonight. Atleast on the outside of the shell.
Venkman's Swagger liked this
Morfeusoneiros wrote:This pack is what I hope to build in the future, when I have the money to afford a full on Hero build!
Great looking and your slow build is moving along faster than my "unslow" build. I'm using way to much time deciding where to put everything, watching pictures and such.
You've motivated me to try to get all parts I have attached tonight. Atleast on the outside of the shell.
Thanks man, really appreciate the kind words. Glad I could be a source of motivation for you. It's always good to have a source of reference so don't stop looking at all the pics you have. I reference every single part from various sources.
Did a little bit today.

Got the bumper secured with the side mounts. Used M6 cap head bolts with brass washers. Love the black against brass contrast. Also got 2 holes drilled ready for PPD placement and attachment.

Hoping to get my NFilter done this weekend, weather permitting
twmedford23 liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]