Morfeusoneiros wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote: You could always try it. I'm not sure if a hair dryer would give off enough heat. Heat guns are relatively inexpensive so may be worth grabbing one
I've been looking for an excuse to get one. Guess I just found it [emoji1]
Right on!! It'll definitely be worth while
Venkman's Swagger wrote:I'm pretty confident there would be plenty of interest in them mate. The black ones that AJ sourced for the shop here sold out in no time at all
I noticed that...the grey ones have been unavailable for well over a year, so people have turned to the black ones as an alternative, and now these are probably going to go the same way as well...There's a listing on ebay for 4 of these black crank knobs, which are the correct size, with bidding at $71 at the moment
Morfeusoneiros wrote:I would definitely be interested in that. Been painting screws black for this build and had to settle for "close enough" a little more than I wanted.
Hi Morfeusoneiros - that's great to know, I'll let you guys know when I get a reply on that quote. If it's within reach it would be well worth going ahead with, and it will be an opportunity to make these scarce genuine parts available to fans again (albeit for a very short time though, most likely)
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Nice one Alex. It's appreciated man.

No worries! Hopefully we can make this happen. I might set up an interest thread when I've got all the details :)
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Nice one Alex. It's appreciated man.

No worries! Hopefully we can make this happen. I might set up an interest thread when I've got all the details :)
Yeah deffo get that thread up. They'll sell quick and you'll be a very rich man lol
barison82 liked this
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Yeah deffo get that thread up. They'll sell quick and you'll be a very rich man lol
Lol...yeah I see myself becoming a real Arthur Daley with this idea (I'm a big fan of 'Minder' by the way) :-P
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Yeah deffo get that thread up. They'll sell quick and you'll be a very rich man lol
Lol...yeah I see myself becoming a real Arthur Daley with this idea (I'm a big fan of 'Minder' by the way) :-P
Hahaha I know of Minder but I can't say I've ever watched any. My bad :-( lol
Tiny but awesome update.......

Jimfin's amazing e-cig vent kit came in and boy am I happy with it. I can't believe how much smoke this kicks out. If anyone is on the fence about getting one, don't be and get it now. Jim is a lovely guy to deal with also.

https://youtu.be/QvWSqJaL6v0
barison82 liked this
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Tiny but awesome update.......

Jimfin's amazing e-cig vent kit came in and boy am I happy with it. I can't believe how much smoke this kicks out. If anyone is on the fence about getting one, don't be and get it now. Jim is a lovely guy to deal with also.

That's surely an add-on I'll consider down the road, but for now I must the rest of my funds to complete my pack.
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Hahaha I know of Minder but I can't say I've ever watched any. My bad :-( lol
Lol you should check them out sometime...they'll show you what London was like in the 'good old days' (i.e, 1979-1989)

Had a look into this before. It looks awesome and have been thinking about getting one but will need to check with Benarie if it will integrate with her kit. Also I was concerned that it could be a fiddly thing to maintain
Morfeusoneiros wrote:

That's surely an add-on I'll consider down the road, but for now I must the rest of my funds to complete my pack.
You won't be disappointed matey
barison82 wrote:

Had a look into this before. It looks awesome and have been thinking about getting one but will need to check with Benarie if it will integrate with her kit. Also I was concerned that it could be a fiddly thing to maintain
Yeah I'd definitely ask Benarie if it is compatible, I would also drop Jimfin a PM to see if he could custom one for your particular kit. Jim is a seriously clever man. Jim's instructions and links to his videos ensure that this it certainly isn't fiddly to maintain. All information is highlighted in an info letter he sends with the kit
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Yeah I'd definitely ask Benarie if it is compatible, I would also drop Jimfin a PM to see if he could custom one for your particular kit. Jim is a seriously clever man. Jim's instructions and links to his videos ensure that this it certainly isn't fiddly to maintain. All information is highlighted in an info letter he sends with the kit
I will do...thanks for the reassurance, this all sounds really good :)
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Yeah I'd definitely ask Benarie if it is compatible, I would also drop Jimfin a PM to see if he could custom one for your particular kit. Jim is a seriously clever man. Jim's instructions and links to his videos ensure that this it certainly isn't fiddly to maintain. All information is highlighted in an info letter he sends with the kit
I will do...thanks for the reassurance, this all sounds really good :)
No worries man. Even if it doesn't work with the BoKP kit, the e-cig vent comes with a manual push button and I'm sure you could run it of a separate battery source
Morfeusoneiros wrote:Seems like a really great kit. Maybe I'll push back the belt gizmo and do this instead :)
If it was me, I would choose the e-cig over the Belt Gizmo ;)
Just a quick update on the Grey Crank Knob situation - I've heard back from the supplier (the company concerned is ISO Group) and unfortunately they currently have only one in stock, not 60 as was shown...the price for this, $300!!
Lol no worries, I'll keep trying though! You never know...btw I have another question :) About the gun ear on the Thrower (the right one with the hat light etc) The cap screw that goes partially through to the gun grip, what length have you used? I'm going by the the info on the master screws list here on GBFans which has it at 3/4" in length but I've seen on Julz's thread that appears a bit longer, looks more like maybe 1" in length, as the thread of the screw kind of buries itself into the grip...just another little detail! Hope I'm not crowding your thread too much with all this lol
Nah man it's cool. Hopefully someone may have the same questions and find the answer here. I just used a 20mm length bolt which I countersunk into the Thrower ear. I also tapped the hole in the grip to add extra security if that makes sense?
Yes that does make sense - thanks a lot mate, 20mm is equivalent to 1" in length, which is what I thought would be better to use :)
westies14 wrote:I think the place I last ordered crank knobs from still has a supply, but they're black. I believe he gave me a slight discount from their list - they may have been $35-38. If anyone's interested in those I could check in with them again.
I'd stick an interest thread up because I think plenty would jump on it. I'm gonna try and hold out for a grey one so will use my custom potentiometer crank knob for the time being. Awesome work on the Venkman Hero BTW. Breathtaking work
barison82 wrote:Yes that does make sense - thanks a lot mate, 20mm is equivalent to 1" in length, which is what I thought would be better to use :)
Nice one dude. Glad I could help :)
westies14 wrote:I think the place I last ordered crank knobs from still has a supply, but they're black. I believe he gave me a slight discount from their list - they may have been $35-38. If anyone's interested in those I could check in with them again.
Like VS says, an interest thread would be the best route; like him I'm gonna hold out for a grey one too as I already have a black one which I'll be spraying grey in the meantime...thanks for the heads up though :) I'm sure many would be interested in those anyway.

I've been in touch with ISO Group again and I've made it known that I'll consider going forward if they can source 100+ of the grey ones - a tall order I know, but the only way a more realistic, competitive price could be achieved.
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Nice one dude. Glad I could help :)
Thanks again mate :) Detail after detail, eh?
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Nice one dude. Glad I could help :)
Thanks again mate :) Detail after detail, eh?
You're welcome. Course man, this is what makes this hobby so interesting. There's always something new to be learnt
...which makes it such a satisfying hobby. Makes it mean so much more, all the time and effort that everyone puts into it. All the things that anyone on the outside would not realise.

Lol it just registered that westies14 is responsible for that awesome Venkman Hero build thread you mentioned - had me speechless too :0

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]