By rayp_Stantz
Thanks a lot for your support.

Corrected some things ( again )
and placed the lower part at its right position ( bumper etc mounted now )

I was afraid some day the wood wont hold the blaster any longer so i made a "security connection"

Still waiting ( over 3 weeks now ) for the last parts

edit:
Found those pics with lights activated i have forgotten to upload.
By rayp_Stantz
Hi.

Finally the convoy reflectors arrived and i directly installed em

Now i need to order some "chase" electric for the cyclotron. Maybe ill take the Christmas lights i already have, lets see.

Greets
By rayp_Stantz
Thank you very much.

The V-hook is build of wood ( for now ). You can see it at the middle of page 2. Guess i wont change it to metal.

edit: I wont suggest to use wood btw ^^ ...i dont trust the small clued pieces. Thats why i extra secured the blaster-gunmount-connection with zipties and a small hook. Dont wanted to see the blaster crashing into my floor someday. :D
By rayp_Stantz
Hey friends.
Finally i installed some cyclotron light stuff. Light is started with a motion sensor. The light is pretty bright :)
After 15secs it stops.

Still working on the pack.

Also build a black table for the pack with background rgb leds (remote controlled with a lot of modes).

Have a nice day ;)

Edit:
Next ill order a crank knob shockmount and some other parts. Shipping costs more than the parts.
And i want less transparent and more red cyclotron glasses. Weathering...
Lee FW liked this
By rayp_Stantz
Hey there.

Got my hands on a ribbon cable :)
Thanks to Christof from ghostbusters germany and Marco who made the contact.
On the left side of the bumber you can see a little "hook". This is the motion detector of the cyclotron lights

Greets
ccv66 liked this
By Issus
How did you get rid of the wood texture when you painted?
By rayp_Stantz
Hi.
Funny u asked...just working on some textures left. :)

This is the hardest part. On page 2 you can see a part of my fight against those textures. This fight is still running btw.
First of all i used wood that nearly had no textures (see page1).
A lot of parts are alu/metal. The cyclotron, parts of n filter, booster(see page2), hga, blaster tubes parts of bumber.
Iam also using very thin PET metal foil clued on top. Atm iam doing a metalcover for the cyclotron circles, those woodturned parts have more textures btw.
I used a lot of ponal clue and putty. And i wish i had used even more before painting the pack. I sprayed one filler layer. And three black layers.
Example from page2

Progress:
Brushed the corners silver. Please note the metal covers shown above not installed yet (sprayed them a few minutes ago in the garage)
Dusted brushed and sratched the hell out of it :)
Guess ill cover eda with PET foil too.

At the weekend i can show some new shots with more PET metal foil applyed.

If somebody want to start building my advice is you cant have enough putty :)
Maybe a silver layer before the black color layer is a good idea. Cause of its low viscosity guess it would cover textures well.
On page1 a user mentioned modpodge. But sadly i did no further research on this :(

Greets
By rayp_Stantz
Hey boys and girls.

Applyed some new PET metal covered parts and added more silver paint.

Also ive redone the surface under the clippard valve and eda

Result for today

Next ill search a light blue cable for the ion arm connection.

Greets
By rayp_Stantz
Hey there!
This time: NFilter overheating :)

Inspired by some Forum members around here i started developing my own stand alone
scratchbuild of a overheating - Nfilter - sequence.
Because i didnt use any plug and play light or soundboards i had to start all from scratch.
It took me two month of planning testing and building (and a lot of money).
But now iam really happy with the results. :)

Summary:
Connected all the stuff to the existing 12V 2800mAh power supply of my proton pack.
Smoke is created with a modified electric cigarette with 5.25V power bypass via UBEC switch.
I used the Kanger T2, but others will work too. KT2 got a big liquid tank and good amount
of smoke creation. To create smoke with the ecig u also need a air pump fex taken from fish
tanks. I used a 6V mini air pump ( again behind the UBEC switch [5.25V] ).
After 9 seconds of smoke charging, the "overheat - warning - noise" sound will be played
with a 2W amplified and filtered MP3 sound module. For the speakers i used two 3W 8ohm.
The sound samples i ripped out of "Ghostbusters The Video Game" and converted them to WAV.
Then i used CoolEdit Pro 2 to create two single sounds of all the samples i ripped out
before. One sound is the overheating/charging sequence, the other sound is the blow-out-
sequence-sound.
Then a 12V stobe light ( from cars ) and a 12V ventilator ( from PCs ) will be powered
as well as another MP3 sound module. The loading / decompressing of the MP3 file will take
around 3 seconds thats why the light and venti are controlled with a timer relay.
The timer relay will wait until the MP3 file is decompressed, then powering the light and
the venti to finally blow out the created smoke, making the blowout sound and the light on.
Sequence A and B are controlled with a remote control unit. For that i used a 12V 2 channel
remote relay.

The smoke flows like ectoplasm...looking really cool and tight.
For the liquid i used a mix of the following stuff:
() ECigarette liquid with cherry taste 30 %
() Seuthe Dampf Destilat 30 %
() Fogjuice ( from DJ's ) 40 %

I created two power-sequences = A and B:
( note image is not the final version [ its created before the first
test...some things are missing / not the same ] )
Sequence "A" fills Nfilter with smoke and plays the overheat warning noise
Sequence "B" blows out the smoke, makes light and plays the blowout sound sample.

12V powered:
() Remote relay unit
() Timer relay unit
() PC venti
() Strobe light
() LEDs ( like the new main power switch of the cyclotron )

5V powered:
() ECigarette
() Mini air pump
() MP3 module's

First ecigarette mod ( picture2 = the Kanger T2 ):

The used light

The cyclotron and filter from inside:
( Yeah i know its a mess...but a working mess ;) )

edit:
Final Version for now ( crank knob is missing in the Video ):

Iam really happy again with this feature, groovy effect !

Greets
Last edited by rayp_Stantz on October 14th, 2017, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Morfeusoneiros
rayp_Stantz wrote:Hey there!
This time: NFilter overheating :)

Inspired by some Forum members around here i started developing my own stand alone
scratchbuild of a overheating - Nfilter - sequence.
Because i didnt use any plug and play light or soundboards i had to start all from scratch.
It took me two month of planning testing and building (and a lot of money).
But now iam really happy with the results. :)

Summary:
Connected all the stuff to the existing 12V 2800mAh power supply of my proton pack.
Smoke is created with a modified electric cigarette with 5.25V power bypass via UBEC switch.
I used the Kanger T2, but others will work too. KT2 got a big liquid tank and good amount
of smoke creation. To create smoke with the ecig u also need a air pump fex taken from fish
tanks. I used a 6V mini air pump ( again behind the UBEC switch [5.25V] ).
After 9 seconds of smoke charging, the "overheat - warning - noise" sound will be played
with a 2W amplified and filtered MP3 sound module. For the speakers i used two 3W 8ohm.
The sound samples i ripped out of "Ghostbusters The Video Game" and converted them to WAV.
Then i used CoolEdit Pro 2 to create two single sounds of all the samples i ripped out
before. One sound is the overheating/charging sequence, the other sound is the blow-out-
sequence-sound.
Then a 12V stobe light ( from cars ) and a 12V ventilator ( from PCs ) will be powered
as well as another MP3 sound module. The loading / decompressing of the MP3 file will take
around 3 seconds thats why the light and venti are controlled with a timer relay.
The timer relay will wait until the MP3 file is decompressed, then powering the light and
the venti to finally blow out the created smoke, making the blowout sound and the light on.
Sequence A and B are controlled with a remote control unit. For that i used a 12V 2 channel
remote relay.

The smoke flows like ectoplasm...looking really cool and tight.
For the liquid i used a mix of the following stuff:
() ECigarette liquid with cherry taste 30 %
() Seuthe Dampf Destilat 30 %
() Fogjuice ( from DJ's ) 40 %

I created two power-sequences = A and B:
( note image is not the final version [ its created before the first
test...some things are missing / not the same ] )
Sequence "A" fills Nfilter with smoke and plays the overheat warning noise
Sequence "B" blows out the smoke, makes light and plays the blowout sound sample.

12V powered:
() Remote relay unit
() Timer relay unit
() PC venti
() Strobe light
() LEDs ( like the new main power switch of the cyclotron )

5V powered:
() ECigarette
() Mini air pump
() MP3 module's

First ecigarette mod ( picture2 = the Kanger T2 ):

The used light

The cyclotron and filter from inside:
( Yeah i know its a mess...but a working mess ;) )

edit:
Final Version for now ( crank know is missing in the Video ):

Iam really happy again with this feature, groovy effect !

Greets
Looks really great. Awesome job and nice tutorial as well!
By rayp_Stantz
Thanks for your feedback guys.

Guess i will start a new second version of this nfilter stuff. Planed lifetime for ever with nonstop smoke creation via keramik atomizer and some electric mods.
Lets see how things will go.
By rayp_Stantz
First results are great...ultra massive amount of smoke :)
Kangertech with 12v air pump and keramik atomizer. Guess ill go on developing this.
It was a lot harder to modify but i hope to turn the pack into fog machine this way :)
Beta version ;)
Found no samples on youtube...maybe the first mod of this type of ecig

Greets

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]