By 2000FormulaMan
Hey everyone,

I have the gbfans light kit. Currently, my hatlight on the gun ear isn't coming on.
I tried putting it into the "Test Mode" and the light still doesn't come on. So I'm guessing one of the wires isn't connected.
The Gun Ear Button seems to work ok.

How do I trouble shoot this? Is there a way to test each wire to see if it is bad?
Please help.

Thanks!
By csullivan1980
Is the light mounted? The wires that go to the hat light are fragile. Check the connection to make sure it's secure.

The hat light doesn't stay on unless you are in light mode. It is suppose to flicker when switching between modes in vg mode.
Easiest way of checking if the gun ear LED is working is by putting it in roof top mode.

1) Turn your battery on
2) Flip the vent light switch to on

You should hear a short power up sound and be presented with this

Press the gun ear red trigger button and that should turn on the gun ear orange Hat light like this

If it doesn't turn on at that point then it looks like you may have a dodgy LED.

Hope that helps
By venkman71
I had a similar issue with both kits I have. I had to wire up a light on it's own switch. I tried a million different things. I assumed it was a glitch so I did the workaround but I got a second kit,...same thing. Glad to know I'm not the only one. There's always the possibility that I'm still screwing it up but it's definitely frustrating.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]