A day has passed and lo and behold, the shell has been fiberglassed

Probably one of the most messy things I ever done... Hope it turns out ok when everything has set.

Had a quick test fitting also, before fiberglassing

Now "It's 'Miller-substitute' time [emoji4]
Image (only American beer I had at home right now)
[emoji317]
rayp_Stantz wrote:After some Desperados and work i opened a original american Dr.Pepper...great! German one tastes like mixed with water.

Great progress ...have an eye on your rainbowcable :D:boogieman:
Same In Norway. Doesn't taste the same.

Got the cable from Ejgunth87 here on Gbfans. He shipps real quick [emoji6]
Great choice of beer. As a Bostonian you can't go wrong with Sam Adams [emoji1303]
Didn't get so much done on my pack today. Just drilled out the cyclotron light holes
ImageImageKinda scary (just look at that drill, hehe) but it went ok.

The reason I didn't get to do so much is that my 7 year decided he wanted a pack for tomorrow. We've started on one, but weapons were not allowed by the school. Got the message that a proton pack was not considered a weapon after all so we had to get going. No shops open today, so what we had was what we could use.
Image A serving tray and a Disney Jungle book backpack was the first collateral damage. That became the motherboard and alice frame.
Image Some styrofoam that I never got around to trow out became the syc gen.
As you can see our living room was our workspace today. Image Luckily I have a wonderful wife who helped a little bit and didn't complain about the mess
Image The final result of our "junkyard" pack. Image

https://vimeo.com/157059867
He dictated a lot of details, like the Norwegian flag colors instead of just blue and the switch on the gun (we must do that dad because that's what The Ghostbusters have [emoji4]).
https://vimeo.com/157060061https://vimeo.com/157060144

Ok for a one day Frankenstein build, but I sure want to make my kids a real pack someday.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Easy to see I've never fiberglassed before... Got it fixed with some grinding papir and my Dremel, but it sure took some time and elbow grease to do so.
Atleast I got to add one part today. The clippard. Image
I removed the small square part on the tap underneath with a pair of cutting plyers. Image
I used a silver sharpie and gave the tap and each screw a good coating on the bottom. Centered it on the right position on the pack and pressed down. Used the markings as a template to where I should drill through the shell Image
It made a perfect fit and the 331 sat firmly, and I can still tighten the screws more when I'll assemble everything after painting parts and shell.Image
Amazing feeling to see it attached [emoji4] [emoji317] Image

More later. May you all have a great trailer day!
Got in a little work on the pack today aswell. Image
Attached the ion arm today. First time using a tread tap, but it worked brilliantly.
ImageImage That is a beautiful sight. Starting to feel more and more like a proton pack and not just plastic and resin. Image A post-it (and taking my time) got the piece exactly where I wanted it Image
Epoxyed in some more plating under the HGA. When it has set I'll attach the HGA. I'm basing a lot on my pack from the Sony Lobby reference photos and just wanted some more backing behind the HGA Image

Also found this in the discount tray today
Image 20,- is about $2. These will be a great addition to my cyclotron Image
Now I just need to find two more...
Placed the HGA yesterday Image Used the post-it method yet again Image
Image Sits right where I wanted it Image
Today my birthday present got in the way of any building.
That was a great game! Real fun and unpredictable.
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Nice work on the HGA and happy birthday man
Thank you. Been playing a lot of scenarioes on the board game. A lot of fun [emoji4]
Image Caught Slimer together with my seven year old today. He watched us play yesterday and really wanted to try.

Hoping to get a little more momentum on my build next week, when I get my gun kit and some other parts from Nick-a-tron. Been waiting for them since January, but I'd rather wait and get good parts than inferior ones from somewhere else. Not a big issue anyway since it's still a lot of snow and low temperatures I have to work inside our livingroom and the rigging and cleaning takes a lot of time aswell. Image

But to return back to the pack building: I started out wanting a GB1 pack, but since it's my first build, a plastic shell and some size difference between my shell and a GB1 hero shell I've decided for something in between a GB1 and GB2. Funds are also low for the rest of the project, so when I saw that one of the clippard parts had the logo on top I decided it would work great on the ion arm Image So to avoid buying another elbow that's GB1 accurate I'll make my own a "hybrid". I like the ribbon cable from GB1 best, so that's why I decided to do it like that.

Hopefully it turns out to be a good looking pack anyway. I'll atleast do my best to make that happen!
Good to hear you all get involved in the game :-)

Nicks parts are well worth the wait mate and awesome parts make for an awesome build.

Love the idea of a hybrid pack. Me and one of my mate's have been talking about this for a while and think it'd look great
Yesterdays work: ImageImageImage
Sanded down the resistors to clean them up from casting.
Image Did the same for the PPD.
Spent tooo much time looking at the Sony Lobby pictures to decide placement and then I got them all on my pack
ImageImage
Like on the Sony Lobby pack the Dale logo is upside-down and the Dale resistor in front is a little askew and not quite sentered.
ImageImage Epoxyed it to the ion arm, hopefully it'll stay there when I add the top part tonight. I'm 99% sure it's on its way to my post office right now.
Does anybody have a tip on placing the booster tube on the SC Shell. It's off at the bottom, so I could either cut it there to adjust it, place it as is and use epoxy paste to fill in the hole or do the later and cut it at the top.
Here's some pictures:
ImageImage
I feel it might be to long if I place it as is, but really not comfortable with cutting the angle either. Don't want to mess it up.
Any tips, tricks or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Morfy
Got a package from AJ today, and now it is really starting to look like a proton pack:
Drilled and tapped the holes and attached it to the ion arm
ImageImage
As you can see the clippard part is facing the wrong way, but that how's it ends up when I screw it in. Anybody else who've had this problem?Image I'm thinking about cutting a little bit of the part that goes into the ion arm, but I want to check if anybody has any tips before I do so.
Some more parts attached
A little to big, so I'll have to sand it or Dremel it a little around the edges.
ImageImage
Now I must put the kids to sleep before I can get anymore work done.

Thanks for looking [emoji106]
Looking good man. That Ion end cap is a beauty! I would just loosen the Clippard brass elbow 1 turn so it sits in the right place. It'll still be very sturdy
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Looking good man. That Ion end cap is a beauty! I would just loosen the Clippard brass elbow 1 turn so it sits in the right place. It'll still be very sturdy
GBFans have great parts [emoji4]
When it comes to the elbow that's what I tried first, but then elbow swiveled and sat a little out from the end cap

Imagehttps://vimeo.com/158396967

I'll fiddle around with it some more tomorrow. I'm sure I'll find some way to make it sit put, where's supposed to.
Cool man. My Clippard elbow doesn't sit flush on my Semi Hero Stantz pack but it's accurate to that pack. I honestly wouldn't stress too much about it as the packs aren't perfect anyway
Progress:
ImageImageImage
First hose is on the pack [emoji4]

Dremeled and sanded down the vac tube and plate so it had a better fit

I wanted the ribbon cable clamp to sit snug on the side of the cyclotron, but the SC Shell has rounded corners. You can see it in this picture.
ImageSolved this by marking where I wanted the piece to sit, getting my Dremel out and slowly grinding it down until I got the fit I wanted
Image Had to use Norwegian screws to test fit it as the American screws didn't match any of my tools...
Afterwards I changed them out with the correct ones
I filled the holes from the grinding, but on the inside Image
Also filled some small dents and cracks on the shell ImageImage

Since the Dremel is everything but quiet, that's it for today.

So goodnight to all from Morfy and Zombie taxidriver
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Cool man. My Clippard elbow doesn't sit flush on my Semi Hero Stantz pack but it's accurate to that pack. I honestly wouldn't stress too much about it as the packs aren't perfect anyway
Yeah, I could've built two packs in the time I've already spent because I use to much time on the details [emoji23]
New parts,gun kit from Nick-a-tron. A piece was missing (triggerbox) but I recon he'll get back to me and sort that out Image Great looking parts. Also got a bumper, shock mount and crank knob. Will be a great addition to my pack.
Didn't get to that much done today.
Just attached the first plate on the cyclotron Image Epoxyed it on and clamped it down. I cut them all earlier but when checking the Sony pack again I saw I had to cut them all shorter, so I used some time to cut them all (again).. Image Now they match the Sony Lobby pack better.
Last edited by Morfeusoneiros on March 10th, 2016, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twmedford23 liked this
Almost all parts (in hand) bar elbows is now attached to the shell.

Finally got the booster tube and frame attached. Still need to make the fake weld. The bottom is just filled in after I trashed it with the Dremel. The cutting blade got so hot while cutting that the plastic started to melt and became a mess. Fixed it with epoxy putty. I'll add the fake weld after sanding.

Drilled the hole for the ribbon cable. Moved it a little closer to the left. Didn't want it to get to close to the seam where the to shell parts meet.

Sand and trim it tomorrow. (11 pm here, so my wife and kids are asleep)
The first two panels is also in place and sits solid. I'll hopefully add the rest over the weekend.

Now I need to do a little work on my uniform, because tomorrow Ghostbusters Norway is going to a con [emoji4]

Thanks for reading and looking [emoji317]
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Coming along now mate. Good to see. Have fun at the con
Much appreciated [emoji4] Nice time at the con. Had to pose for a lot of photos. Fun to see that alot of people is into GB
Morfeusoneiros wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Coming along now mate. Good to see. Have fun at the con
Much appreciated [emoji4] Nice time at the con. Had to pose for a lot of photos. Fun to see that alot of people is into GB
Tough life being a GB isn't it [emoji2]. Glad you had a great time
Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]