Found no treasures at the cabin this time, even the MDF-plate that my father said he had, turned out to be unusable (it had fake bathroom tiles on the back and was too thick).
Got home last night and got some painting done. The new paint is working out much better so far!
Most parts are painted, used today finishing the clippard for the gun and the shock mount.
Clippard valve started out as a nice resin piece from Nick-a-tron:
Gave it two coats of chrome paint and three black coats. Made sure to keep the great details:
Still needed to get the label. Haven't got much room left in my budget, so I got some cheap ones off of Ebay
There's no label for the 331, just 501 and 701. Is the 501 used on any packs?
Cut out the label and wanted to laminate it before putting it on my valve
First round with tape left it with a lot of airbubbles...
Cut it out and tried to get the bubbles out, but had to remove the tape and do it all over..
Used an ice-scraper when applied the tape so couldn't really understand why it was so many bubbles, but the cheap tape held the answer
The airbubbles where already there. Found a part with less bubbles and got the tape on
(Had to keep it down with the scissors and ice-scraper since it curved)
Put it around my original clippard 331 to get the right shape
Left it there for a couple of hours before I attached it to my painted resin cast
Wanted the middle part to be like the original (brass, not silver) so I sanded down the top and gave it a coat of brass
Epoxyed (Araldite!) the top piece and let it set for some hours (
I've put it back in the clamp and will let it set until tomorrow, then I'll attach it to the gun.
The shock mount first got a round with stealwool grade 0000 to get some of the brass powder in the resin to shine a little
The top got a coat of silver chrome
Then the sides got a brass coat and the base a thin coat of black
Broke off a small piece when attaching it to the bumper earlier, so it joined the 701 to set