By tommyb345
I used 063 alumnium

PeterV3329 wrote:
KoCo wrote:ACE Hardware! I believe those are aluminum rivets with a 5/16" head. Any hardware store should carry them.
Thanks! What was the thickness of the aluminium sheet that was used to make the nuclear love box?
By KoCo
Decided to update my reboot decals just a little bit.

Added a yellow version of the blue one, added a yellow border to the red one, and got rid of the black border on the orange one. Per usual, it's 1:1 at 6"x11".

Huzzah!

Full image: http://i.imgur.com/f2hZrKm.png

By PinkInDetroit
Hey, been lurking for a while. Loving this build and it's giving me great ideas and insight. Any idea on how thick your MOBO is? I'm on the hunt for aluminum as we speak...er...type.
By -Whippet-
Wow, I just stumbled across this whilst looking for ideas for my own build. You pictures are so clear and your descriptions are so detailed. Th a k you so much for sharing. If I can get my build half as good as yours I will be a very happy bunny.
By deejeerie
The yellow electrocution does not look screen accurate to me. I think the figure is more rounded and the bottom arm is bending up. I am going again today and will check that out to confirm if I can.
KoCo wrote:Decided to update my reboot decals just a little bit.

Added a yellow version of the blue one, added a yellow border to the red one, and got rid of the black border on the orange one. Per usual, it's 1:1 at 6"x11".

Huzzah!

Full image: http://i.imgur.com/f2hZrKm.png

By deejeerie
Its gorgeous!!!
KoCo wrote:More updates!

So I was able to get the pack mounted and wearable by July 7th as I was hoping.

Here's a nice shot of the back pad all mounted up:

Because I pushed really hard on that final week, I was able to get it done and wear it in L.A. to the world premiere. That was pretty awesome.

I was able to get Kate McKinnon's and Kristen Wiig's signatures with the worst Sharpie in the world:

Then I was fortunate enough to handle a screen used suit. I didn't have a measuring tape, so I improvised with a piece of paper with a couple marks on it for scale.

Thanks for looking! Updates on the gun are quickly coming, then it's just a matter of installing electronics, and we're done!

:love:
By Julia72600
Hey do you think you could make a masterpost on the materials you used to make this pack? Also Is there anyway i could buy that motherboard? Im having trouble finding one.
By KoCo
Oh man, this is what happens when I leave for a week.
PinkInDetroit wrote:Hey, been lurking for a while. Loving this build and it's giving me great ideas and insight. Any idea on how thick your MOBO is? I'm on the hunt for aluminum as we speak...er...type.
The motherboard is 1/8" aluminum. Mine was from JoeLuna's first run. You can find his for sale thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=39810
-Whippet- wrote:Wow, I just stumbled across this whilst looking for ideas for my own build. You pictures are so clear and your descriptions are so detailed. Th a k you so much for sharing. If I can get my build half as good as yours I will be a very happy bunny.
Thank ya!
deejeerie wrote:The yellow electrocution does not look screen accurate to me. I think the figure is more rounded and the bottom arm is bending up. I am going again today and will check that out to confirm if I can.
Honestly, I didn't cross-reference that one. I just happened to notice it on a pack that was on display at the premiere, and decided to add it. That whole template is pretty quick and dirty.
deejeerie wrote:Its gorgeous!!!
Thank ya!
Julia72600 wrote:Hey do you think you could make a masterpost on the materials you used to make this pack? Also Is there anyway i could buy that motherboard? Im having trouble finding one.
The motherboard is easy. I got mine here:
As for the master list, perhaps. I'll wait until I have the electronics and gun done though. Updates on those coming soon!
By PinkInDetroit
KoCo wrote:
PinkInDetroit wrote:Hey, been lurking for a while. Loving this build and it's giving me great ideas and insight. Any idea on how thick your MOBO is? I'm on the hunt for aluminum as we speak...er...type.
The motherboard is 1/8" aluminum. Mine was from JoeLuna's first run. You can find his for sale thread here:
Oh wow, really? Awesome! And it's strong enough to hold all that gear? I'm having some shop dudes look into it for me and they were thinking 3/16 to 1/4. This will be so much cheaper.
KoCo liked this
By Julia72600
KoCo wrote:
Azgbfan wrote:How thick of a wire did you use? 14 gauge? Looking good.
I used the same mesh that Spongeface found and referred to in the part-ID thread. The gauge isn't listed on the site I purchased from.
What mesh is that exactly? Could you link it?
By KoCo
Wow, it's been a while since this thread got updated.

Earlier in the year, I designed a set of reboot v-hooks for JoeLuna to sell along with his motherboards.
A second run isn't planned, so he and I decided it was time to post these blueprints up for other people to use.

I've been told that a member of the production crew that designed and made the screen used packs said these v-hooks looked "spot on".

Enjoy! :love:
By KoCo
Back to work!

I recently picked up a 3D printed reboot gun kit from Demon Vice Commander. It's beautiful. He did a great job modeling it. More on that later.

I then was able to get together with Joe Luna, and in the hour or so that we were hanging out, we managed to ID the correct switches for the reboot gun.

Here they are compared to the switches most people seem to be using. As you can see, those switches are way too large and not at all the right shape.

The correct switches are APEM part number AS36S010010 .
They can be found for purchase here:
https://www.alliedelec.com/apem-compone ... /70065964/

Thanks for looking!
By Abbyshan
Who is this Demon Vice Commander you speak of?
I saw your post on the Reboot Pack building Facebook page as well.
The gun box is really the only part I have left that I need to get. Yours looks awesome, I would LOVE to get contact info and price for this!!!
By JoeLuna33
Wow, last post was 2018. Is this pack ever going to get completed??
By KoCo
JoeLuna33 wrote:Wow, last post was 2018. Is this pack ever going to get completed??
Nah. Once this thing got signed it became frozen in time. I don't want to change anything, even if it doesn't have a gun or if the synchrotron is pretty far from the screen used ones.

Maybe one day I'll make another one though. Nowhere to go but up!

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]