By NyukNyuker
Hello ... I'm in the market to purchase a pre-made proton pack replica. I'm not interested in building my own. I've been looking on eBay, Easy, etc. to find what my options are and am unsure which pack will be the best investment. From what I've found, 3 particular Prop Houses have been floating to the top and after seeing some video reviews of each of them on YouTube i thought one was the clear winner. Then I stumbled up on a thread here that has me questioning it. That said, I realize this is a touchy subject here (and elsewhere ... who knew?) With all this in mind, and the fact that I'm sure this question has been asked here a million times already (though, it doesn't seem recently), can anyone recommend to me the best place to buy a Proton Pack Replica? Thanks!
PM Nick-a-tron. He imo does the best proton pack commissions. Stay away from "he who cannot be named" he doesn't deserve to be associated with this awesome community.
Rvonvolen liked this
By pyhasanon
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Stay away from "he who cannot be named" he doesn't deserve to be associated with this awesome community.
No, he will be named, so people who come to this site will know EXACTLY who to AVOID... DO NOT buy ANYTHING from Robert "VideoBob/Bob's Prop Shop" Moseley... If you value your money and your time, you will do everything possible to avoid him...
wkbarkov, barison82 liked this
By NyukNyuker
Venkman's Swagger wrote:PM Nick-a-tron. He imo does the best proton pack commissions. Stay away from "he who cannot be named" he doesn't deserve to be associated with this awesome community.
Nick-a-tron, okay, cool ... I will contact them, thank you! I appreciate the recommendation because after digging around on this site I definitely see a ton of references to "blacklisted" builders (like the aforementioned "he who cannot be named" as you call him), but nowhere is a list of builders who are actually recommended, which is totally surprising to me. Thanks again!
By NyukNyuker
pyhasanon wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Stay away from "he who cannot be named" he doesn't deserve to be associated with this awesome community.
No, he will be named, so people who come to this site will know EXACTLY who to AVOID... DO NOT buy ANYTHING from Robert "VideoBob/Bob's Prop Shop" Moseley... If you value your money and your time, you will do everything possible to avoid him...
Thanks, but then who would you recommend? After searching this forum, I'm pretty crystal clear on who is NOT recommended, but (outside of Nick-a-tron now) I have no idea who IS recommended.
Tbh there aren't many other commission builders who are actively building at the moment. Vincenzo has said he's stopped taking any more work on, Joe Luna hasn't been around lately. EJGunth does commission builds but again I've not seen him post for a while. Probably best to PM all 3 to see if they are available.

Other than that, there is also a few nice packs knocking around in the For Sale section that may be an option
By pyhasanon
NyukNyuker wrote:
pyhasanon wrote: No, he will be named, so people who come to this site will know EXACTLY who to AVOID... DO NOT buy ANYTHING from Robert "VideoBob/Bob's Prop Shop" Moseley... If you value your money and your time, you will do everything possible to avoid him...
Thanks, but then who would you recommend? After searching this forum, I'm pretty crystal clear on who is NOT recommended, but (outside of Nick-a-tron now) I have no idea who IS recommended.
Like VS mentioned, you didn't find much of a list, because there really isn't many members out there that do commissions...

Outside of shooting EJGunth, Joe Luna and Nickatron a message, also check out Benofkent Props on FB...

Also, how much is your budget? If you've got $2000 to spare, jump over to ghostheadsmovie.com, and the $2000 backer perk is actually a pretty good quality pack! And for a proton pack of that quality, it's almost a steal at that price, and you're supporting an amazing project in the process!
By AJ Quick
NyukNyuker wrote:Thanks, but then who would you recommend? After searching this forum, I'm pretty crystal clear on who is NOT recommended, but (outside of Nick-a-tron now) I have no idea who IS recommended.
We don't give out recommendations because this site has been around for so long. A lot of the people who were once highly recommended, just don't do it anymore.

I personally don't make any endorsements or recommendations aside from buying the parts and building it yourself from the Shop: http://www.gbfans.com/shop/
By wishbone
Is nick-a-tron still doing commissions? I emailed him about doing a trap and never heard back.

If you search the forums you'll find people willing to do commissions. I have a commission in with ejgunth87. So far he's awesome, but I haven't received anything yet so I can't give a full review, but he's well reviewed on here. Goodluck!
By LeBloop
pyhasanon wrote:
Also, how much is your budget? If you've got $2000 to spare, jump over to ghostheadsmovie.com, and the $2000 backer perk is actually a pretty good quality pack! And for a proton pack of that quality, it's almost a steal at that price, and you're supporting an amazing project in the process!
[/quote]

That's right, a commissioned pack from Nick cost 1900 GBP (2 718.083 USD) so, it would be a nice deal.
By NyukNyuker
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Tbh there aren't many other commission builders who are actively building at the moment. Vincenzo has said he's stopped taking any more work on, Joe Luna hasn't been around lately. EJGunth does commission builds but again I've not seen him post for a while. Probably best to PM all 3 to see if they are available.

Other than that, there is also a few nice packs knocking around in the For Sale section that may be an option

Thanks for the other names! I will look into those as well ... I emailed Nick-a-tron and have yet to hear a response from them.
By NyukNyuker
AJ Quick wrote:
NyukNyuker wrote:Thanks, but then who would you recommend? After searching this forum, I'm pretty crystal clear on who is NOT recommended, but (outside of Nick-a-tron now) I have no idea who IS recommended.
We don't give out recommendations because this site has been around for so long. A lot of the people who were once highly recommended, just don't do it anymore.

I personally don't make any endorsements or recommendations aside from buying the parts and building it yourself from the Shop: http://www.gbfans.com/shop/
Ah, yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the follow up explanation. While I totally respect and are in awe of people who build their own packs, it's just not my thing. I don't have the patience, skills, tools or time to do it. That said, it's starting to sadly look like my options are pretty limited otherwise.
By NyukNyuker
pyhasanon wrote:
NyukNyuker wrote:
Like VS mentioned, you didn't find much of a list, because there really isn't many members out there that do commissions...

Outside of shooting EJGunth, Joe Luna and Nickatron a message, also check out Benofkent Props on FB...

Thanks so much for the info/suggestions. The Ghostheads thing sounds like an awesome idea, but I'm nowhere near patient enough to wait until November to get it. I checked out them on Facebook and their build time is 4 to 5 months. While totally understandable, it feels like a lifetime to wait! Like many other people on here, I've wanted one of these things since I saw the original movie as a kid and now that I can finally afford one, I'm incredibly impatient. I guess I have to keep telling myself "good things come to those who wait."
By wishbone
NyukNyuker wrote:
pyhasanon wrote: Like VS mentioned, you didn't find much of a list, because there really isn't many members out there that do commissions...

Thanks so much for the info/suggestions. The Ghostheads thing sounds like an awesome idea, but I'm nowhere near patient enough to wait until November to get it. I checked out them on Facebook and their build time is 4 to 5 months. While totally understandable, it feels like a lifetime to wait! Like many other people on here, I've wanted one of these things since I saw the original movie as a kid and now that I can finally afford one, I'm incredibly impatient. I guess I have to keep telling myself "good things come to those who wait."
Nothing of quality is going to be done quicker than that unless you're lucky enough for someone to list their pack up in the for sale section. There are "ready to go" packs on ebay, but I'm pretty sure no one here would recommend them.
By NyukNyuker
I just contacted Karnivorous Creations (the shop that's doing the replica for the Ghostheads donation mentioned above) via their Facebook page and they responded quickly and quoted me a decent price. Can anyone here vouch for their work? I checked out their videos on their Facebook page and Youtube and the packs seem decent (to a mostly untrained eye in this area).
By pyhasanon
Mike is a pretty cool guy, and while I haven't seen his stuff in person, I've heard a lot of good things about his work from other members...

Also, in regards to being impatient, I know the feeling, I've been there before, but you'll quickly learn that you need to have an extreme amount of patience in this hobby... If you don't have that kind of patience now, you will definitely learn it from this point on... But as you said, good things come to those who wait, and that is very VERY true!

On another note, I too did not have any prop/shop skills, nor the time or patience for it, before I started building my pack, but after 15 months of saving, learning, research, and more and more patience, I now have an amazing pack, built by myself to my standards and to my design, and I could not be happier or prouder with myself!
By NyukNyuker
pyhasanon wrote:Mike is a pretty cool guy, and while I haven't seen his stuff in person, I've heard a lot of good things about his work from other members...

Also, in regards to being impatient, I know the feeling, I've been there before, but you'll quickly learn that you need to have an extreme amount of patience in this hobby... If you don't have that kind of patience now, you will definitely learn it from this point on... But as you said, good things come to those who wait, and that is very VERY true!

On another note, I too did not have any prop/shop skills, nor the time or patience for it, before I started building my pack, but after 15 months of saving, learning, research, and more and more patience, I now have an amazing pack, built by myself to my standards and to my design, and I could not be happier or prouder with myself!
Cool ... thank you for giving me a little more confidence in purchasing from Karnivorous Creations. I've already had great communication with him regarding his pack so I'm thinking he may be the best bet for me. I really, really appreciate all the feedback from everyone on here in helping making the little kid in me's dreams come true. :)
By NyukNyuker
[quote="dronein7g"]Mike Nelson does full pack builds. I'm building one of his kits. Great stuff! I'd check him out too[/

Was going to ask how to contact him, but then realized he's the guy at Karnivirous Creations that I've already been talking to and am thinking of going with. Thanks for the recommendation!
By NyukNyuker
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Tbh there aren't many other commission builders who are actively building at the moment. Vincenzo has said he's stopped taking any more work on, Joe Luna hasn't been around lately. EJGunth does commission builds but again I've not seen him post for a while. Probably best to PM all 3 to see if they are available.

I contacted EJ and his quote was the highest I've seen thus far. I can only assume it's because maybe he is working with a higher quality set of materials (?), but it's quite a bit out of my price range. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
By pyhasanon
To my knowledge, he will try to work within your budget and find ways to lower the costs, but that will of course sacrifice some of the quality... You want a full on aluminum hero pack, however, you will spend a good $2500-3500...
NyukNyuker wrote:

I contacted EJ and his quote was the highest I've seen thus far. I can only assume it's because maybe he is working with a higher quality set of materials (?), but it's quite a bit out of my price range. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
No problem! A lot depends on the type of build you want, how accurate you want it and any potential extras (TVG modes, E-cig Vent etc). Hopefully you'll get sorted somehow [emoji4]
By NyukNyuker
pyhasanon wrote:To my knowledge, he will try to work within your budget and find ways to lower the costs, but that will of course sacrifice some of the quality... You want a full on aluminum hero pack, however, you will spend a good $2500-3500...
Yes, you are correct ... it was his pricing on the "hero" pack. After I told him that was out of my range, he said he does a "semi-hero" one for less. Decisions, decisions ... right now I'm deciding between him and Karnivorous Creations (the only 2 who have responded to my emails thus far ... oh, and the guy I dare not mention here. ;) ). It's looking like it'll probably be Karnivorous simply due to his ability to start and finish sooner.
By Lowberg
The Karnivorus stuff looks nice, never had any experience with his stuff though.

Nickatron has been doing packs for years and his are super authentic looking. He's got a full workshop and everything, his full time job as far as I know. He's probably built more packs and shells than anyone else.

He posted about a month ago that he has another build slot available.
Check out his page:
https://www.facebook.com/NickatronProps/

Like others have said, the wait time is just what it is. Some people take a year or longer to finish their personal builds.
By NyukNyuker
Lowberg wrote:The Karnivorus stuff looks nice, never had any experience with his stuff though.

Nickatron has been doing packs for years and his are super authentic looking. He's got a full workshop and everything, his full time job as far as I know. He's probably built more packs and shells than anyone else.

Check out his page:

Like others have said, the wait time is just what it is. Some people take a year or longer to finish their personal builds.
I actually e-mailed Nickatron early in the week and have yet to hear back from them. Because of that, I was kind of under the impression that they weren't an option.
NyukNyuker wrote:
Lowberg wrote:The Karnivorus stuff looks nice, never had any experience with his stuff though.

Check out his page:

I actually e-mailed Nickatron early in the week and have yet to hear back from them. Because of that, I was kind of under the impression that they weren't an option.
He normally answers back pretty quick. I would either drop him a PM on here or message him on Facebook if you have it
judo century knee pads

Does anyone have any spare pairs of century judo? […]

From what I understand, from 1990-1991, it was cal[…]

When Did They Begin?

Does anyone know when the first franchise OFFICIAL[…]

The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]