By Stingercell22
This is my first attempt at a proton pack build. I wanted to have high end parts so I decided to invest and get the fiberglass shell from GBfans.com

This was a great call and I was very happy with the shell! Came 99% perfect right out of the box

I also purchased the motherboard at the same time because I don't really have the ability to fabricate this kind of item myself.

Once I had these too items I decide my first task was going to be mounting the motherboard to the shell.

I did a lot of research and found out that I was going to need 4 L brackets in order to accomplish this task. I found a friend that has a family member who has the ability to cut aluminum and she was nice enough to provide me with some very quality L brackets.

Once I had completed the L bracket I started to do more research. I can not express how amazing it was to have this blog and all the amazing people out there to help make this project a reality!

I proceed to purchase a few resin parts for my pack in order to give it a consistent look. I was going to try and make the parts myself but my OCD kicked in and I knew that I wouldn't be happy unless I used quality parts.

ImageImage

Once I felt I had everything in place I then took all the parts off and I'm in the process of painting everything.

I did was the main shell with soap and water to get all the dust off the unit before painting it.

More to come!!!! I have a few more parts coming this week! Stay tuned

Please let me know what you think up to this point.

So I got the clippard part and also the Alice pack came in yesterday as well.

I also made some repairs with bondo as I sanded my shell down too much on one part and drilled a hole is the wrong part too.

The bondo worked really well and was very easy to apply

I will upload more pictures after work tonight as I am letting the pack and parts dry after a second coat of paint.

Okay so the shell is almost done! I have to age it a little and the. Add the Ion arm and the stickers!

I am currently glueing the red lens and blue lens in place!

What do you guys think??
Last edited by Stingercell22 on July 6th, 2016, 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
evlares liked this
By SteveGilmour
Great start Stingercell22! Nothing better than the beginning of a Proton pack build! Keep going as the feeling of strapping on your very own unlicensed nuclear accelerator his worth all the effort! :D
By Stingercell22

My son put it on today because he wanted to see how heavy the pack is.

I find that the paint shows fingerprints.... after I took a few pictures with the flash I noticed the fingerprints more.

I just have to add the silver crank

It's been a while, but I have made some progress on my pack. I have added my labels but I was not happy with them so I ordered metal decals.

I purchased my Wand from Mike from karnivorous Creations.

To be honest I looked him up on facebook and he was super nice and turns out he is also in the new Ghostheads movie on Netflix.

The wand is looking good I still have to find some light hats and touch up some pant but it's coming along.

I got my sound and light kit from Heavy Props and it's been simple to put together.

I was going to do two smaller speakers but I have devices to go big and get 2 Sony car door speakers to really give the pack some nice sound.

I started wiring things up but I can do much else until I get the blue battery pack (coming on a very slow boat from China) and the speakers .

As for my suit I have the flight suit, gun belt, gloves, boots, name patch, and ghostbuster movie patch. Still need to attach the patches and need some stuff for my belt but I feel like I have a good grip on the uniform.

I have my buddy Nate working on a leg hose connecter, trying to not spend 20 bucks on one small leg hose connecter, but sometimes you can't help it.

I am not sure how I am going to mount the cyclotron lights yet, but I am sure I will figure it out.

ImageImage

This project has been really fun and my wife has been amazing. We are having a baby next Feb and she told me that because I gave her a baby she is letting me have my baby too ;)

I have a great wife :)

Once I get the motherboard all wired up I will take some pictures and show you what I have.
Last edited by Stingercell22 on July 12th, 2016, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Scum
Looks absolutely fantastic!
By Naptime
Looks great! I'm currently gathering parts for my own GB1 hero build, so I'm living vicariously through you. Are you planning to hook up lights and sound? Looking forward to seeing the rest of your build!
By Stingercell22
It's been a while but I have some updates to my proton pack build.

First, anyone that is thinking about putting together a pack and wants to add sound and light, I would recommend the GBfans sound board over any of the others.

I purchased a kit on eBay for around 179.99 and it seemed fine but after I installed my new system from Gbfans I realized how much better the sound quality is.

The pack looks great but I really wanted to upgrade the electronics so I ordered the parts and went back to work.

I added some extras to the wand to give it a little more kick of color. I found some stickers from a Lego set my son never used and a few legos that worked with the style of the wand.

I know some people will say that by added these extra items my pack is not authentic but I think it's important for your pack to be a reflection of yourself.

ImageImage

Once I had the pack 99% complete I new I needed to start thinking more about the uniform.

My wife went to work putting the patches on and I really think she did a great job!

I could tell she was nervous because she knew how important it was to make sure that she had the patch perfect.

I ordered the elbow pads from amazon and they look great!

I got the tubbing today for the leg but I have not had a chance to attach it to the leg of my uniform yet.

ImageImage

I would love to hear your feedback on the pack and uniform.

Also I have started a ghostbuster Facebook page for my area and I would love to get some friends added so we can keep in touch more.

https://m.facebook.com/NMIGB/
twmedford23, Naptime liked this
By Naptime
I totally echo Venkman's Swagger's sentiments! That pack is yours: own it! It looks fantastic, as does your uniform! Excellent work!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]