By codycrow13
Ok ive watched a few videos about building the pack(shell and resin parts) but how hard is it to hook up the lights and sound boards? like is it pretty self explanatory or is it complicated?
By thebigone2087
Very very very easy. The GBFans kit is literally the easiest kit to hookup. It is very much, plug in battery, plug in labeled wires and turn on. There are other kits that you can get, but none as easy as the GBFans kit. Used them on all of my builds and there isn't another kit that I will use. I'm sure most of the folks on here would agree.
By beardybearded1
is there a forum post about the parts needed for the lighting? I've seen everything in the "shop" portion of the page, but i feel like I'm unsure that ill get everything, or possibly buy too much, or duplicate parts.
for example:
do i need the soundboard AND the light board? or is the light board a stand alone for use without the soundboard, and the soundboard has the light function programmed in?

can I use alternate power?

can I progressively add lighting then sound to fit my budget?

can I light the pack only then add wand lighting later? (also to fit my budget)

Is there a place where all of these questions are answered in the forum? can anyone link it? ive tried the search function but i get overwhelmed.

Thanks,
Bearded One
By thebigone2087
While I personally don't know of a thread where is breaks down each part you specifically need (though... maybe one should be made), if the lights and sound modules are separate pieces..

There are three main parts to to the electronics kit: the sound kit, pack light kit, and wand light kit. Each can be purchased separate from each other and used separate of each other but are designed to work together.

The sound kit connects to both the pack lights and wands lights and relays power to both so you only need one power source when used together. The kits come with all the LEDs and switches needed for an install. You do need ribbon cables to connect the wand kit and pack kit to the sound board (they are labeled appropriately in the shop).

If you want any kind of sound, you need the sound board. The light kits don't have any kind of sound in them.

Hope this helps!
Tony Bondioli liked this
By Tony Bondioli
thebigone2087 wrote:Hope this helps!
As one who is admittedly a little intimidated by the electronics aspect of prop-building, I appreciate the clarification :) !
By thebigone2087
Tony Bondioli wrote:
thebigone2087 wrote:Hope this helps!
As one who is admittedly a little intimidated by the electronics aspect of prop-building, I appreciate the clarification :) !
Everyone was at one point, I certainly was. Doug and AJ have done an amazing job with making everything not only accurate and feature rich... but EASY.
Tony Bondioli, canpara liked this
By LeBloop
Hi all. I've a question about the GBfans kit. I've purchased it and will reveive it soon, and I'd like to know if in screen accurate mode, you can add the vent effect (sound and light in N-filter), or if I must be in TVG mode.
Thanks
By Venkman's Swagger
LeBloop wrote:Hi all. I've a question about the GBfans kit. I've purchased it and will reveive it soon, and I'd like to know if in screen accurate mode, you can add the vent effect (sound and light in N-filter), or if I must be in TVG mode.
Thanks
You can select "movie mode with heat effects" which will give you the vent, sound and light effects you are after.
LeBloop liked this
By Spongeface
LeBloop wrote:Hi all. I've a question about the GBfans kit. I've purchased it and will reveive it soon, and I'd like to know if in screen accurate mode, you can add the vent effect (sound and light in N-filter), or if I must be in TVG mode.
Thanks
Just some additional info:

For the sound board in one of the two Movie modes (configuration dip sw #3 = ON), the wand will fire as long as you hold the fire button. Since there was no venting in the movie, there is no "auto-vent" feature that will force a venting after some amount of time. The Vent switch connection is still active though so if you have a vent switch hooked up (which is included in the gbfans wand light kit) you can perform a manual vent operation (works in all modes).

The two TVG sound board modes (configuration dip sw #3 = OFF) both also support "auto-venting" that will cause the firing to end and a vent sequence to occur if you hold the fire button down for some amount of time. There is no way to have an unlimited amount of firing time in the TVG modes.
LeBloop liked this
By LeBloop
Ok thanks. Just a last question, I want to add a rumble motor but it's actually out of stock in the shop, can i use one like what it's used in playstation/xbox controllers?
By Lee Speight
LeBloop wrote:Ok thanks. Just a last question, I want to add a rumble motor but it's actually out of stock in the shop, can i use one like what it's used in playstation/xbox controllers?
Yeah the Xbox 360 controller rumble motor work for sure, As I managed to pull out the wire on the one I bought from the Gbfans shop. Luckily I had an old 360 controller in the attic and it works fine with the wand kit.
LeBloop liked this
By LeBloop
Perfect. Thank you all for replies!

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]