By Terrace
Ok, so I have a nephew that I wanna help make a costume for, and my brother-in-law has the good fortune to still have his old Kenner RGB Proton Pack. We've discussed modifying it, and one of the mods we've bandied about is integrating a working flashlight into the thrower, so that when he pulls the stock trigger the light comes on. Obviously this would be great for Halloween (because he'd have his own flashlight integrated into his costume), but neither of us has any experience with soldering, so we'd want to keep it simple if possible.
By Whitelectim
Terrace wrote:Ok, so I have a nephew that I wanna help make a costume for, and my brother-in-law has the good fortune to still have his old Kenner RGB Proton Pack. We've discussed modifying it, and one of the mods we've bandied about is integrating a working flashlight into the thrower, so that when he pulls the stock trigger the light comes on. Obviously this would be great for Halloween (because he'd have his own flashlight integrated into his costume), but neither of us has any experience with soldering, so we'd want to keep it simple if possible.

it's good to hear that! Kenner RGB Proton Pack is rare at this very poin in time and its a good thing you guys have still have it. i think the modifiction you created is cooler than before. cheers to that!
By Terrace
Whitelectim wrote:
Terrace wrote:Ok, so I have a nephew that I wanna help make a costume for, and my brother-in-law has the good fortune to still have his old Kenner RGB Proton Pack. We've discussed modifying it, and one of the mods we've bandied about is integrating a working flashlight into the thrower, so that when he pulls the stock trigger the light comes on. Obviously this would be great for Halloween (because he'd have his own flashlight integrated into his costume), but neither of us has any experience with soldering, so we'd want to keep it simple if possible.

it's good to hear that! Kenner RGB Proton Pack is rare at this very poin in time and its a good thing you guys have still have it. i think the modifiction you created is cooler than before. cheers to that!
We haven't actually done it yet. We're still discussing things and this is one of the ideas we're tossing around.

How can we do that without soldering?
By ccv66
Always glad to see someone doing rgb stuff.. Ive ordered cheap electronics from china Had wires put together with hi temp hot glue.. Not what i would do but i guess its ok.... What i would do first is go to the automotive section at like walmart. They usually have a few led bulb with " try me" on the package. Comes with battery, light bulb and push button switch. Just got to un screw the wand and mount the light and drill a hole for the button
..... You could do the trigger , just two contact points to complete the circuit.. But id mount it on top like the cartoon. I havent touched the kenner pack in decades but if i remember it made a pretty annoying sound, especially after a few hours. Could be nice to have it light up with out making noise

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]