By grogking
Instead of buying an Alice pack, I decided to see if I could make my own and have it be similar to the real thing. I used the Stephan's measurements to help build this. I tried to keep it as close to the real things size as possible. I also have an ALICE pack from my Army days, so I used the frame as a guide.

Here is a look at the frame before paint. It is made out of 1/2" PVC with various connectors and 90 degree half inch plastic conduit.

This is the back side with the wooden spacers. It is held to the motherboard with 2 inch bolts with a 2 washers and a wingnut for easy removal.

Here's a close up of the spacer set up up top. Image

Here it is mounted Image
Wingnuts and washers.

Painted and mounted

With straps I had from army days, and some pipe insulation held with zip ties.

Here is how I attached the bottom of the strap so I didn't need to damage it to attach it. It's a simple knot held in place with a zip tie.

Hope this is helpful for anyone thinking about doing this. You could also put the small bend in the frame at the top if you want to heat up the conduit and bend it. I didn't want to mess with that, as there can be toxic fumes. Overall, I think it's pretty close, and not too uncomfortable.
TonyM liked this
grogking wrote:
CAZAFANTASMA wrote:This is pretty cool! I can't find the "Y" shaped connectors on the bottom corners. Do you know what they are called? Maybe I will have to find them online.
This is what they are: https://www.lowes.com/pd/LASCO-1-2-in-D ... ow/3344666
Awesome ! Thanks a lot man, here is mine so far, need to bend the top part with my heat gun. I could not find those elbows so i guess i will use it as is. Image

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]