By Spoonsos
Im a noob with all this and picked up all the new gb kits. I have a speaker wired into the sound board and it works in unison with the pack lights and ive played w all switches and options. The wand kit seems fine but when i connect it to the sound board it freaks out.

The song switch kills everything from my 12v brick
All other switches are ignored completely
It runs as if its stuck in a constant fire.

I separate it from the soundboard and hook it to a 9v battery and all swiches / sequences seem fine again.

Please help. Been stuck on this for 2 weeks now
Thanks
By LandoSystem
So when you power it on with 12v it only plays the song?
But with a 9v it works like it should?
And this is the gbfans kit, correct?
By Spoonsos
Actually i never get the song but it cycles through hum fire vent noises depending on switch position. The wand kit has no control at all except the song switch kills all power. And yes a gbfans kit.

When i separate the wand kit from the sound board is when it seems to work fine just no sound
By Spoonsos
I will try to get some. I'll be away for the holiday, but back in town next week. Maybe even try to get a vid and put on my youtube page and post a link.
By Venkman's Swagger
It looks to me like you may have inverted the switches on the wand board and or soundboard. I would reset all the dips and then reread the literature and set the dips accordingly. I don't have my pack infront of me at the minute so can't look at it. I would also send the video to Spongeface to see if he could shed some light on it
By bishopdonmiguel
I don't have the new soundboard but the old configuration states that dip switches 1,2,4 should be OFF for NO (normally open) switch mode. It appears that these are ON in your setup.

Normally, a switch is open (no connection). When you want to activate a feature, you press the button to close the circuit (short the connection to ground). If you have the settings inverted, it will activate the feature when you are NOT pressing the switch and stop when the circuit is closed.
By Spoonsos
Thanks for the replys but I tried all sorts of different switch configurations and they change how the sound sequences. But nothing changes with the wand or how it does nothing to respond to work with the sound board other than the song swith being a kill all. Ive been playing with this for a month now and have gotten nowhere. :cry::cry::cry:
By Morfeusoneiros
First thing I tried: Connecting the brick to the wand, same reaction in the wand as when I powered everything with it.
Then I tried powering everything with a 9V battery. Same thing happens.
Disconnected the ribboncable from the pack and tried powering up the wand with the brick: Everything works as expected. Ok, that's good. Then I know that brick is not the problem and I have some suspions as to where the problem lies...
Switched out the ribbon cable and presto; It worked like a charm...
Now comes the fun part... Figuring out where the problem lies in the ribbon cable running from the wand to the pack.
Hope this helps!

Edit: I had cracked the end piece ever so slightly when I removed it to get it through the pvc hose. So I'll replace that and hopefully everything works after that.

Best of luck in solving your problem.
By Spoonsos
Thanks i really thought it might be the ribbon with what you have to go through to get it in the hose. I'm buying a second one today to see how turns out.
Spoonsos wrote:Thanks i really thought it might be the ribbon with what you have to go through to get it in the hose. I'm buying a second one today to see how turns out.
Did it solve your problem?
I'm hoping a new 14 pin idc connector will do the trick on my set-up. Ordered some real cheap ones today, off of eBay, didn't have any room in my budget for anything else right now.
By Ejgunth87
I had the same issue with a cable I purchased from the shop recently. Kept making everything go through the overheat sequence over and over, except it was the ribbon connecting the sound board to the powercell board. Maybe a little quality control is needed.
By AJ Quick
I will look into this. While we do have a new supplier for the ribbon cables, there shouldn't be anything out of spec for them... but I will crack one open and make sure everything is making good connections.
By Ejgunth87
I'm thinking its one of 2 things- either there's a short somewhere in the cable, or theres a short caused by how the cables are pushed into the pin connectors. I cracked my defective one open, and I couldn't find anything wrong with the naked eye.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]