By piero1985
Hi guys, I have a problem with my gbfans Gun light kit...

I have all gbfans electronic kit, the new gbfans proton pack light, new gbfans sound kit and actually old gun kit .

I connected all 3 kit following the pdf of instructions, so it's all ok. I turn them switch from the gun and start the sounds, the lights of the proton pack and cyclotron, work all the sounds of the proton gun but does not turn on any light in the proton gun. O_O

I tried unplugging everything and feed only the gun kit and it does not work that way.

What can it be? Are all powered from 12v battery that I bought in the shop here, and I've had many times these kits for other backpacks but it is the first time I put them on my new protonpack and saw these problems ...

It is possible to replace the defective kit?

This is the video:
https://youtu.be/T3wQdbhXJkI
By Hoot
Check the seating of all the cables - mainly the LED cable for all the body lights and the flat ribbon for the bargraph

Other than that - I'd contact AJ or Spongeface.
By piero1985
Hoot wrote:Check the seating of all the cables - mainly the LED cable for all the body lights and the flat ribbon for the bargraph

Other than that - I'd contact AJ or Spongeface.
thanks for the reply :)
I've already checked but I have not solved ... unfortunately it does not work
That is odd!

Lets try the built in tests with everything hooked up and the sound and pack lights kind-of working,

Turn on the power.

Next, turn the SPEED potentiometer fully counter clockwise and all of the LEDs should come on and a few of the bar graph display should be on steadily. The Wand tip will cycle through R, G, B, blank.
During the "blank time, the AUX connection will activate, in case something is connected to that.

Next, turn the SPEED pot fully clockwise and then there is a switch test and the bar graph display test will also start.

If nothing happens, turn off the power and disconnect the ribbon cable from the sound board. Then connect the battery directly to the wand lights board screw terminals (be sure and take care of the + and - connections and don't get those swapped). This just eliminates a lot of things!

Now turn on the power and repeat the built in tests.

Does anything ever light up?

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]