By sporkman1
So I'm having a issue with an amp. I have a sound module, CanaKit Amp, and speaker. I am getting a ton of distortion, almost like the sound is also cutting in and out while playing. Now before you start questioning specs (what should work with what), know that I have used this exact setup (including speaker type) several times with no issue.

I have tried swapping the Amp. Same issue. Swapped the speaker. Same issue. The wiring. Same issue. Wired the sound module direct to the speaker. No problem. That tells me somewhere in there, its a connection or amp itself. Yet I tried two different amps. What would be the chances of two amps being defective in a row? Seems very unlikely. I even thought the distance between amp and speaker could be the issue, but even holding them further away that any I've wired before didn't make any difference whatsoever. Need help fast!
It might be a bad batch of amps, or who knows, maybe the quality has gone down hill since the last time you used them. Since everything sounds good until it gets to the amp, definitely sounds like the amp is the issue. When I had one of those amps, I thought I was rather distorted too. I'd honestly try a different brand.
By sporkman1
Hmmm, Well I bought 5-6 at the same time. So....i don't know. Like why would JUST now I have 2 bad one back to back? Seems odd. Any other recommended amps? This is for production, not myself, so I can't get too expensive.
By sporkman1
They're more than that. I have used one before to make a custom boom box for an Ipod, but there are some practicality issues with it as well. Access to all the controls for one.

Spoke with the guy who makes the sound modules and he said that because the module has a pre-amp signal not to hook it up the way I did. There's an alternate contact to use instead. Despite the fact I wired the others that way without any issues, I tried his suggestion. On both amps. No improvement what so ever.

Now the one amp seemed to be pretty loud even with the volume turned to its lowest point. That tells me it could be a bad potentiometer. But then that doesn't explain the second amp whose volume control seems fine.
By likesjellydonuts
Depends where you buy them. They're on eBay for 12 bucks shipped, but if you feel they're impractical, doesn't do you much good.

Unless the amp was damaged from being wired the way you did, I don't know how both would have damned potentiometers
By sporkman1
Well, you know sometimes you can’t see the forest for the trees. Something was bugging me about this whole thing. Turns out I simply had the volume turned up too high when turning it on! LOL I would try adjusting the volume up and down but I was so close to maximum that there didn’t appear to be a difference, just incredible distortion. When I would reach the limit of travel on the knob, I thought I was at the low end, not the high end. So the problem was “user error”. LOL Lefty - loosey(lower), righty - tighty(higher)
likesjellydonuts liked this

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]