By Doctor Levine
Howdy! I've been a bit of a lurker here but with Halloween coming round the bend I thought I'd share with yall my quick and easy 5$ Proton Pack that I made in literally a night. Forgive me if this is the wrong place (and this one certainly doesnt hold a candle to the more impressive, movie accurate ones, but I dont have 50-600$ to shell out, so this is what I made for this year). :)

I started off with a small box and painted it black. I had a kids backpack laying around so I cut off the straps at the bottom and slipped them through holes in the back, then connected them with screws and hotglue.
The bands on the side hold the neutrino wand. That little gizmo at the top will be my poor mans Ghosttrap (unfinished). Its just a VHS tape taped down, painted and glued to a salt shaker (held down by the bands).
The cyclotron is a frisbee painted black and the red 'lights' are foam sheets (Walmart). Pretty much all the wires (including the ribbon) are ripped from an old radio I had connected via hotglue (our friend here lol).
The little squares are pieces of this foam cardboard I found painted and glued. The pins are from my AMC showings of Answer the Call hotglued down.
The neutrino wand is a PVC pipe connected to an extension cord along with an empty salt container (all painted, duct taped and glued together).
The white bands come I think from a TV box (once again found, cut and hotglued).
The little dinosaur is just my personal touch. All in all I'd say this cost around 5$ (bottles of paint, gluesticks, brush). While this doesnt hold a candle to the beefier screen accurate proton packs this would be perfect for the little Ghostbuster or just a guy on a budget. Hope this helps for that Ghosthead out there! Happy Halloween!

Pics (GB2 playing in the back for effect :P):
Sav C, JakeJipqrs liked this
By xyster101
Nice! Look around in old Christmas stuff for some battery powered lights. Lights make everything amazing.
Let's see the thrower.

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]